Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Seems The Times is increasing their coverage of the game (hopefully not the dreadful Chris Irvine - with friends like these etc....)

The author leaves a comment at the end of his decent SL preview piece: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/off-field-storm-is-over-now-for-the-calm-super-league-is-back-rrlbk5djb

'We're looking to cover more league than we have in recent years with a few fans of the sport on our team, ahead of such a big year, so hopefully there will be plenty for you to enjoy over the next eight months. Feel free to get in touch with any reader requests for areas of interest!'

Author profile here: https://t.co/fA7zXCKBZs?amp=1

Edited by Man of Kent
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It means The Times is increasing its rugby league coverage and are happy to listen to story ideas. 

You might want to edit your post then.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Feel free to get in touch with any reader requests for areas of interest!'

Now there`s an opening, the possibilities are endless and we should be bombarding them with ideas, especially with the World Cup coming up, let them do a bit of promotion for us.

         www. thetimes.co.uk.

 

Edited by The Rocket
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Rocket said:

Now there`s an opening that we should all be taking advantage of, the possibilities are endless and we should be bombarding them with ideas, especially with the World Cup coming up, let them do a bit of promotion for us.

         www. thetimes.co.uk.

 

Absolutely. I’ll be getting in touch with him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Absolutely. I’ll be getting in touch with him. 

It would almost be worth starting it`s own thread called something like `Ideas for the Times newspaper ` or something similar with their email(?) address attached so any good ideas on the forum that come up that we think might make for a good story we could send to them straight up, we could even refer them to a particularly interesting thread if we think there is a story in it. My sister works in the media department for the Gov`t over here, journalists like to have their stories served up to them, who can blame them, often it`s a case you scratch my back and I`ll scratch yours.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame that last Sunday's Sunday Times had precisely zero coverage of RL in the sports section, not even the CC results and no mention of the forthcoming fixtures ! Wrote to them asking why this was and they replied they'd be covering the return of SL this weekend. Asked why no mention but received no reply on that point. Odd how they can cover the forthcoming season and events for some sports yet can't even manage to publish upcoming fixtures for our ?

Told the ST they'd lost a customer so hope Observer has decent coverage this Sunday.

Edited by BJW
Addition
  • Like 1

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have put a match report for the Saints V Salford game in todays paper along with todays/tomorrows fixtures. It's a lot better than the usual single column the sport gets, if it gets a mention at all.

  • Like 1

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday Times today had match report of about 1/4 page including picture. Letters about RU had about 1/6 page ! As for the rest of the cover they got then pages of dross ! Didn't check results or fixtures section so can't say what coverage there.

Bought it for the last time last weekend (read copy in shop before deciding not to change my mind and buy one of their competitors).

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/03/2021 at 23:27, BJW said:

Shame that last Sunday's Sunday Times had precisely zero coverage of RL in the sports section, not even the CC results and no mention of the forthcoming fixtures ! Wrote to them asking why this was and they replied they'd be covering the return of SL this weekend. Asked why no mention but received no reply on that point. Odd how they can cover the forthcoming season and events for some sports yet can't even manage to publish upcoming fixtures for our ?

Told the ST they'd lost a customer so hope Observer has decent coverage this Sunday.

Good luck with the Observer - seems to me though, and I like it/usually read it, that you’re jumping from one paper that doesn’t really cover it to another...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/03/2021 at 22:14, Man of Kent said:

Absolutely. I’ll be getting in touch with him. 

I’m not sure that many people will want a crowd counting pull out. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

I’m not sure that many people will want a crowd counting pull out. 

If it has helpful tips on analysing stadium diagrams and calculating ticket sales, I'm all for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iffleyox said:

Good luck with the Observer - seems to me though, and I like it/usually read it, that you’re jumping from one paper that doesn’t really cover it to another...

Last Sunday had about half page coverage but not impressive. Didn't see it week before so can't comment if it had season preview etc.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BJW said:

Last Sunday had about half page coverage but not impressive. Didn't see it week before so can't comment if it had season preview etc.

I read it the week before and don’t remember one...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Am I allowed to ask for a copy/paste? 

Am not a Times subscriber. Although a good few likes suggests that plenty on here are!

It’s not allowed on here. Tried that before!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...