NRL and the WC.

It is half time in the Parra v Cronulla game, wow.

Not just this game but an observation of how the season has started down under to me it has ramped up in speed, toughness, stamina, strength with bone jarring hits and the skill levels on show are amazing they are delivering and receiving passes that defy logic.

The best of the best of these guy's whatever nation they represent are going to be a joy to watch come the WC, especially the Kangaroos, Manninga has a real job........... of who to leave out.

49 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It is half time in the Parra v Cronulla game, wow.

Not just this game but an observation of how the season has started down under to me it has ramped up in speed, toughness, stamina, strength with bone jarring hits and the skill levels on show are amazing they are delivering and receiving passes that defy logic.

The best of the best of these guy's whatever nation they represent are going to be a joy to watch come the WC, especially the Kangaroos, Manninga has a real job........... of who to leave out.

Totally agree Harry watching the Eels v Sharks now totally different game.

Great crowd 

Paul

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What a try finished off by Freddie Mercury, some folk here are just in denial of how good the NRL actually is.

I am really concerned about the WC if you think about it the NRL is providing pretty much the basis of 10 teams if you include Greece/Italy and Lebanon.

Covid is rampant in PNG at present as well.

Even in October with a 3rd wave possible are players going to be allowed to travel?

Paul

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I am really concerned about the WC if you think about it the NRL is providing pretty much the basis of 10 teams if you include Greece/Italy and Lebanon.

Covid is rampant in PNG at present as well.

Even in October with a 3rd wave possible are players going to be allowed to travel?

Paul

Totally agree, my daughter has just had a medical problem which requires some exploratory investigation, she has been told that appointments are being reduced because the authorities are expectant of a 'third wave' arriving.

40 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Totally agree Harry watching the Eels v Sharks now totally different game.

Great crowd 

Paul

That's true enough but, equally, the Broncos-Bulldogs games was one of the worst I've watched in years.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

It has ramped up in speed,

The injury toll is rising as well.

I think that has a lot to do with it.

These blokes are human not robots.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Stop tinkering with the rules. What next when a try is scored let's stop the clock until the conversion is attempted. That will give us another 90 seconds action.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Has been a brilliant level in the half dozen games I’ve seen , not suggesting it’s the only thing but a crowd makes a big difference. The retirement of the great players since the last World Cup seems to have made little difference to the quality available to the Aussies.

Archived