Herbie Farnworth right now

Watched the Broncos highlights and herbie Farnworth is definately international class right now. 

Beautiful passer of the ball and some great kicks 

Him and jake Wardle in the centres will be my best and both big units 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The storm said:

Watched the Broncos highlights and herbie Farnworth is definately international class right now. 

Yes, definitely a very strong contender for the England World Cup squad. I wonder whether NRL clubs signing teenagers directly from British amateur clubs is going to be something we see a lot more of in the future.

I don’t think that NRL clubs are actively scouting British amateur clubs. Maybe they should. Herbie made sure he came to the attention of Brisbane by going over to Australia during his summer holidays from his early teens, playing in the local comp. That’s where Broncos spotted him. He wasn’t signed from a British club. He deserves all the success he can get because he made his dream happen.

27 minutes ago, burnleywelsh said:

I don’t think that NRL clubs are actively scouting British amateur clubs. Maybe they should. Herbie made sure he came to the attention of Brisbane by going over to Australia during his summer holidays from his early teens, playing in the local comp. That’s where Broncos spotted him. He wasn’t signed from a British club. He deserves all the success he can get because he made his dream happen.

And he is very very good. 

31 minutes ago, burnleywelsh said:

Absolutely 

1 hour ago, The storm said:

Why not , what we’ve had hasn’t been any cop

1 hour ago, The storm said:

Dom Young and Harry Newman might have something to say about that 

13 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Wane’s two look most likely to be Gildart and Percival, from what he’s said but there are a few options now in Farnworth and Newman especially, that will put up a fight. 

King not even in the scramble? 

19 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Wane’s two look most likely to be Gildart and Percival, from what he’s said but there are a few options now in Farnworth and Newman especially, that will put up a fight. 

Bit lightweight though, Gildart and Percival. Good as they are.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Clearly didn’t rate him. I’d pick Farnworth over him at left centre. 

Yeah I mean to pick Bateman over him there consistently says it all really.

Can't say I've seen enough of Farnworth tbh but if he's cutting it in the NRL as a Back then he should be in the squad without doubt.

2 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

He did of course play for St Pats before going to Australia and had his uncle Brian Foley, with all his contacts to guide and mentor him. Its not really a route open to most. Fair play to him though because he did back himself and achieve his goal.

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Dom Young and Harry Newman might have something to say about that 

Young has committed to Jamaica and we don’t know how Newman will go when he gets back from a long injury lay-off 

10 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Young has committed to Jamaica and we don’t know how Newman will go when he gets back from a long injury lay-off 

I think Dom Young should focus on debuting and cementing a spot in the Newcastle Knights team before worring about playing for England imo.

1 minute ago, AB90 said:

I think Dom Young should focus on debuting and cementing a spot in the Newcastle Knights team before worring about playing for England imo.

To be fair he probably is and a runout for Jamaica in the World Cup won’t harm his development 

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Percival always strikes me as a bit thick tbh. Maybe why Bennet never seemed to want to play him?

Or because Percival debuted in 2016, played in the World Cup in 2017, played against France in 2018 and only didn’t play in 2019 during the failed GB debacle because he was injured in the Grand Final but yeah, must be that. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Or because Percival debuted in 2016, played in the World Cup in 2017, played against France in 2018 and only didn’t play in 2019 during the failed GB debacle because he was injured in the Grand Final but yeah, must be that. 

He is a bit thick though - seen a few players say the same! 😂

Archived