Herbie Farnworth right now

I notice from the NRL Tracker that Farnworth hit a top speed in this week's round that would have made him the fastest man in the NRL last year... only Addo-Carr and Xavier Coates have notched faster speeds this year.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/07/stat-attack-foxx-on-the-run-a-sight-to-behold/

Farnworth is big, athletic and fast.  Just the kind of centre we have been missing in recent years.  He is also showing good instincts in attack setting up his winger and is strong in defence.

He is well worth his spot in the England squad.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I notice from the NRL Tracker that Farnworth hit a top speed in this week's round that would have made him the fastest man in the NRL last year... only Addo-Carr and Xavier Coates have notched faster speeds this year.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/07/stat-attack-foxx-on-the-run-a-sight-to-behold/

Farnworth is big, athletic and fast.  Just the kind of centre we have been missing in recent years.  He is also showing good instincts in attack setting up his winger and is strong in defence.

Fake news........Apparently he’s a plodder......😉

6 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I knew that he was fast but that just highlights just how fast he is, even more so when he is only being beaten by two wingers. That coupled with his size makes him a very strong contender for a centre spot. As I have said before at at 6'3" and not far off 17 stone I would be far more comfortable with him in the team than some of the other contenders and if its a close call that gives him the edge for me. I would also be fairly certain that Wane is well acquainted with Farnworth, Wigan desperately wanted to sign him and Brian Foley worked there and would know Wane well.

I have watched Herbie Farnworth play many times.

Herbie Farnworth is a classy attacking centre, of great physical stature, and with good footwork and speed. He is going to remain a permanent fixture in the Brisbane Broncos team, unless some other NRL team offers him a much more lucrative contract. But Brisbane wants him. Herbie is a guaranteed NRL run on player. Herbie and the even more talented Kotoni Staggs will make up a powerful Brisbane backiine along with PNG star speedster Xavier Coates and Kiwi Jamayne Isaako.

Herbie Farnworth is highly rated by the Australian NRL TV commentators.

For all those reasons Herbie should be considered as one of the two first choice centres for England in the World Cup. The other centre would be between Oliver Gildart and Mark Percival. All three are better players than Zak Hardaker.

4 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Herbie Farnworth is a classy attacking centre, of great physical stature, and with good footwork and speed. He is going to remain a permanent fixture in the Brisbane Broncos team, unless some other NRL team offers him a much more lucrative contract. But Brisbane wants him. Herbie is a guaranteed NRL run on player. Herbie and the even more talented Kotoni Staggs will make up a powerful Brisbane backiine along with PNG star speedster Xavier Coates and Kiwi Jamayne Isaako.

For all those reasons Herbie should be considered as one of the two first choice centres for England in the World Cup. The other centre would be between Oliver Gildart and Mark Percival. All three are better layers than Zak Hardaker.

What you get up to in your personal/private time is none of our business ...

If he ever rediscovers his best, Watkins could combine with Farnworth to give England it's best centre pair since Gary Connolly was pairing up with Keith Senior or before that, Paul Newlove. If not Watkins, the host of other contenders mentioned earlier give Wane plenty of options. Hardaker looks to be growing into a real leader and is worth a thought, or otherwise just pick whoever is in the best form.

20 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Darryl Clark would be 4th in that list at his 2019 speed of 35.82 kph.

I do prefer the NRL approach to presenting and detailing these stats versus RFL/SL.  Info like this just shows what athletes we have and is very good info for fans and aspiring players.

9 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

For all those reasons Herbie should be considered as one of the two first choice centres for England in the World Cup. The other centre would be between Oliver Gildart and Mark Percival. All three are better players than Zak Hardaker.

No he should only be considered if he kicks on this season,at the moment he merely looks like a young,promising player who is holding his own for a struggling team in the NRL,until he starts standing out on a regular basis I’d far rather have the likes of King/Gildart/Hardaker in the centres.

22 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Watching him play live against the Bulldogs two weeks ago he is quite the specimen. He's not only a big lad, he's looks and moves like an athlete. For me he could be anything. He has the physical attributes to be the best ever. I just hope his game develops to where it needs to be.

new rise.jpg

4 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Is Farnworth injured or dropped? He's not playing this morning 

Injured shoulder although not serious apparently. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

I was looking forward to watching him play. Hopefully Tom Burgess will have a big game

After a slow start to the year Burgess has improved week on week and had a big game last week. I hope he carries on today against Lodge and Haas who despite the poor form of the Broncos are no pushovers.

2 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Is Farnworth injured or dropped? He's not playing this morning 

Herbie Farnworth is injured.

Herbie's replacement at Brisbane tonight was hopeless. He let a South Sydney player run through him and score, which Herbie would never have allowed.

Herbie's absence was a major reason for the lop sided score against Brisbane.

Once Brisbane gets Kotoni Staggs back, he and Herbie will lift the team.

With New Zealand’s Jamayne Isaako, Samoa’s Anthony Milford and Richard Kennar, Tonga’s Kotoni Staggs and Tesi Niu, PNG’s Xavier Coates and David Mead, England’s Herbie Farnworth and Australia’s Tom Dearden, Brisbane must have the most International back line of any club in either league.

20 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

With New Zealand’s Jamayne Isaako, Samoa’s Anthony Milford and Richard Kennar, Tonga’s Kotoni Staggs and Tesi Niu, PNG’s Xavier Coates and David Mead, England’s Herbie Farnworth and Australia’s Tom Dearden, Brisbane must have the most International back line of any club in either league.

Its not really serving them too well at the moment though!

43 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

But not a very good one,

2 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Herbie Farnworth is injured.

Herbie's replacement at Brisbane tonight was hopeless. He let a South Sydney player run through him and score, which Herbie would never have allowed.

Herbie's absence was a major reason for the lop sided score against Brisbane.

Once Brisbane gets Kotoni Staggs back, he and Herbie will lift the team.

What was the reason for last weeks hiding then ?

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

That's a scary backline tbh. How on earth the Broncos don't feature higher up the order with props like Haas and Pangai jr too is anyone's guess. Imagine that team against the likes of Wakefield, lol

3 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

That's a scary backline tbh. How on earth the Broncos don't feature higher up the order with props like Haas and Pangai jr too is anyone's guess. Imagine that team against the likes of Wakefield, lol

The Broncos are a perfect example of a team where the whole doesn't add up to the sum of its parts.  They have plenty of quality players - even in the pack - but a real soft underbelly that means they capitulate in almost every game.

By far their biggest weakness is in the halves, they have absolutely no game management.  Young Dearden is still learning his craft, Brodie Croft is more of a running threat and Milford is the most overrated player in the NRL.  As a result, they don't exert any pressure on their opposition and invariably fall out of the contest after about 30 minutes.

It is crazy how bad the Broncos are and have been for quite some time. They are a huge club, the biggest Rugby club in the world, with huge resources and a massive catchment area when it comes to fans, players and sponsors. They are punching well beneath their weight.

14 minutes ago, Damien said:

It is crazy how bad the Broncos are and have been for quite some time. They are a huge club, the biggest Rugby club in the world, with huge resources and a massive catchment area when it comes to fans, players and sponsors. They are punching well beneath their weight.

You’d have got good odds 4 yrs ago on the Titans being Queensland’s premier NRL team !

Archived