New North American Competition?

41 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Robert,

It is not a casual analysis from me of Mr Wallace's attributes, I have earned this expierience of 60 years comprising playing, coaching and then spectating in this sport. 

As for the last bit of your post, I never wanted Leigh to be nominated as your clubs replacement this season, avoiding the drop will prove to be just as hard for Leigh as it would for Toronto, and I think we will surpass your 0 - 6 return easily.

Harry don't lose faith in your club...I know you will hang in there!  Wallace just needs a little more time is all.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Robert,

It is not a casual analysis from me of Mr Wallace's attributes, I have earned this expierience of 60 years comprising playing, coaching and then spectating in this sport. 

As for the last bit of your post, I never wanted Leigh to be nominated as your clubs replacement this season, avoiding the drop will prove to be just as hard for Leigh as it would for Toronto, and I think we will surpass your 0 - 6 return easily.

Just console yourself that it could have been worse, you could have signed Josh McCrone!

18 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Harry don't lose faith in your club...I know you will hang in there!  Wallace just needs a little more time is all.

Honestly K'man, I can not at all see any improvement in him, he had already lost his place at 6 before being injured I suspect that when other players return he will be keeping the bench warm for most if not all of the season. 

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Robert,

When making any kind of comparison, you have to bear in mind that Toronto had to play all of their brief set of games in SL away from home (not a single home game) and also remember that they smashed another SL team away in the form of Huddersfield in the Challenge Cup shortly before Covid totally undermined them financially and resulted in the Turkeys not voting for christmas vote that ended them in SL.  Just saying like.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Honestly K'man, I can not at all see any improvement in him, he had already lost his place at 6 before being injured I suspect that when other players return he will be keeping the bench warm for most if not all of the season. 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I watched him play alot Harry.....he is a pretty good tackler and has a mean sidestep...he does know how to find the line and he gives it his all....he is young....I think he has potential...you were young once too Harry!, be patient and give him some time.

Once all of this is over i am planning on a tour over there and taking you up on your game and dinner offer....I like only the best of french red wines and also large pieces of  charred meat....also looking forward to meeting your missus!

7 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I will throw by 2 bobs worth in here:)

Firstly Toronto Wolfpack, my wife having dealt with them (She ordered a brand new LED system last year costing her business £ 250K that ended up in a container at Southampton docks for months on end firstly due to the pandemic then due to the fact that sadly the TR are no more) During this period she found the management of TR completely straightforward and honest and I know for a fact that David Argyle liquidity problem came like a bolt out of the blue and that he has been desperate to make amends by paying everyone even though legally he does not have to.

It would have been a great investment if TR would have completed the SL season with ALL their matches on SKY paid for by the club.

I really do hope that the proposed NARL will happen and GOOD LUCK to all involved.

As for the LED system TR loss will be French RL gain as she will have it shipped over there for next season hopefully without a massive import duty (Thank you for those that voted leave:(

Paul

Another one out of pocket due to Toronto?!

13 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Another one out of pocket due to Toronto?!

Thats a tad unfair as she ended up with the LED system as it was never shipped ,however yes I guess it cost lost turnover and the initial investment will be delayed in a return by 2 years.

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

Heard of covid and it's financial ramifications? Sure you have, but don't let facts get in the way of your small minded agenda

C’mon dude. The Wolfpack was a bit of a con job. Everyone knows it now. 

Again, I don’t have an agenda. I just could never shake off the little voice at the back of my mind that said the whole thing was bonkers.

I’d love someone to write a book about them. There must be so much dirt to be dug. 

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Again, I don’t have an agenda. I just could never shake off the little voice at the back of my mind that said the whole thing was bonkers.

I’d love someone to write a book about them. There must be so much dirt to be dug. 

M of K.....you, IMHO, are one big-time DIRT digger and shoveller.  Why don't you write the book.  I'd even buy it.

Tell me this: Why is there so many naysayers in here but they're not in the CCCRL throwing their support behind it?

Isnt the CCCRL basically the opposite of what the NARL is doing?

new rise.jpg

13 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

M of K.....you, IMHO, are one big-time DIRT digger and shoveller.  Why don't you write the book.  I'd even buy it.

I really do think there’s loads there to make for a great book. It’s inherently a really interesting sports story and the ups and downs over their four years or so need telling, warts and all. 

32 minutes ago, Pulga said:

Tell me this: Why is there so many naysayers in here but they're not in the CCCRL throwing their support behind it?

RobertAM or Kayakman, would you oblige for Pulga please.   I'm weary.....   Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Pulga said:

Aren't both of them only a month old?  It's a bit hard to tell which one (if any) is the real deal just yet.

2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Looks like another interesting signing with good experience. Brooklyn aren't sitting still.

Seen a few comments on Instagram suggesting it could be Con Mika, Josh Manatello or maybe SKD. Or maybe Michael Dobson. Though not sure if he played for the Knights.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

22 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I think what we appear to have in NARL is USA RL with a bit of money. A modest, semi-pro comp. I think that’s great, but it’ll need time and patience to take root. 

I wish it well but I’m certainly not expecting NARL to challenge Super League as the biggest rugby league comp in the Northern Hemisphere within “seven to 10 years”, as the Perez BS suggests.

My issue is with Perez and his useful idiot followers like Steve Mascord (and you) is they talk down the British game and say the likes of Ottawa and Toronto are its 'saviour' to stop it 'dying'. The British game doesn't need Ottawa and Toronto. The likes of Perez want Ottawa and Toronto in the British game for their own benefit.  

Perez could be right. SL is not in a healthy state and who knows what   it will be like  down the track. If it remains like it is all the clubs will still be struggling . Leeds, St Helens and not sure about Wigan will still be taking all the S/W.

If this NARL takes off ,it could attract some of the best talent and the above comp which is on it's knees will really suffer.

27 minutes ago, frank said:

Perez could be right. SL is not in a healthy state and who knows what   it will be like  down the track. If it remains like it is all the clubs will still be struggling . Leeds, St Helens and not sure about Wigan will still be taking all the S/W.

If this NARL takes off ,it could attract some of the best talent and the above comp which is on it's knees will really suffer.

Maybe! On the other hand, it could be career death for an aspiring international/NRL player due to the lower standard of play....

Tend to think we'll see the 'one last pay day' types going to NARL.  

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Nasty.

11 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

RobertAM or Kayakman, would you oblige for Pulga please.   I'm weary.....   Thanks.

You must move on and keep going...look at your name!...you are a Cameron Highlander!, you never quit but you can take a breather the odd time..   Man of Kent I'm filling in for the Highlander for a bit...watch it!

11 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

11 hours ago, langpark said:

Aren't both of them only a month old?  It's a bit hard to tell which one (if any) is the real deal just yet.

Langpark that is indeed a low blow and I know RobertAM might be short for his age but come on will ya!

12 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

I`ve been thinking about a cover for that book, how about something like this.

Rugged man digging deep hole with shovel  digging hole stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

Keep digging !!

11 hours ago, langpark said:

Why does only being a month old warrant criticism but not excitement for some?

NARL and CCCRL are two almost opposite business models. Back one of them and get on board. Show us your cards. 

I have a feeling most will just watch and claim they knew which one would succeed or fail.

new rise.jpg

Archived