New North American Competition?

2 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

The investors behind the comp, who wish to remain anonymous for their own reasons - which is fine with me as it's their money.

The NARL has a rapidly growing stakeholder group involved in it and from what's been said elsewhere they are actually paying clubs, suppliers and employees the money they have been promised so far - in full and on time. There has not been a single criticism or rumour of trouble so far over there.

I look at how they handled the Tony Williams situation as an example of how serious they are, came down on that immediately and decisively to keep the comp squeaky clean - it set an example to certain other established pro-RL competitions as well.

Ok, it may fail down the line, but it might just be a great success as well.

All been positive so far - relax, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Too many false dawns coming out of North America in the past for me to get excited about this latest venture but like I’ve said I seriously hope this is a success because RL is getting its ar#e kicked by union so much internationally that’s it’s not even funny.

Go the Austin armadillos 👏👍

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

My goodness, have I upset you in the past marra?

Why so p#ssy?

Ive read and heard so much about “big things” coming out of North America in the past from the Toronto Wolfpack, David Niu professional USA league, Denver test and the  USA hosting the RLWC etc to make me somewhat sceptical of this latest North American venture.

You're going to hear a combination of two of those you've just mentioned next year 😉

new rise.jpg

That feeling when you see more posts on the NARL thread but it's just people fighting.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

45 minutes ago, DlEHARD said:

That feeling when you see more posts on the NARL thread but it's just people fighting.

Not fighting, just trying to put Mackems' mind at rest as he's a bit of a worrier.

Some additional signings confirmed here for Atlanta and Brooklyn:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/north-american-round-up-new-york-freedom-axe-star-man-nrl-rookie-re-signs-with-brooklyn-kiwi-prop-on-the-move/

4 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Thanks for that! What an excellent podcast.

The Chasing Kangaroos podcasts are very good, I like their positive can-do attitude about RL.

2 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Always looked to be a bad idea to have all these new Western Division teams all being created out of nothing and based in the same place for a number of reasons. 

Sounds like it’s an insurance issue, pandemic related, rather than being a bad idea per se. They had 260 people lined up for the try outs this weekend, gutted for them. 

39 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Sounds like it’s an insurance issue, pandemic related, rather than being a bad idea per se. They had 260 people lined up for the try outs this weekend, gutted for them. 

It’s a massive admin mess up over there. Embarrassing for the league and exactly what it didn’t need. Nothing to do with pandemic. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Sounds a right shambles, potential fans and sponsors aren't going to be impressed with this sort of behaviour.

Hopefully some of the players may get picked up by West Coast teams.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

The pandemic's been going on for over a year, you'd think you'd want make sure insurance is lined up before announcing the league.

It is a big admin mess up, however let's be honest, there was always going to be something that went wrong in year one.

A brand new league, featuring a conference with six new teams with minimal to no existing RL infrastructure, with minimal staff setting everything up (and most based on the East Coast), honestly unless you have amazing processes in place, something is always bound to go wrong.

They'll learn from this and hopefully the Western Conference will be back, though that said if we were offered an 8 team Eastern US / Canada semi-pro competition back earlier in the year, most of us would have happily taken that.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

It seems it`s the administrative side of things that often hold these new ventures back, think WolfPack. There`s plenty of people who just want to play the game and perhaps crossing T`s and dotting I`s and jumping through administrative and bureaucratic loopholes isn`t their strong point.. It`s such a shame that the IRL, NRL or whoever can`t come on board with these things, even in  strictly advisory capacity to help get them started, you`d have to think that some sort of advisory body could be a sound investment in helping get these League off the ground.

On 11/05/2021 at 13:13, dkw said:

I've never looked, and I've also not made a comment on it to say I was worried about it. If I wondered about it I would try and find some information before jumping to completely uneducated conclusions in case I end up looking ridiculous....

ahem....

Hopefully the East still goes ahead.

Cleveland just partnered with the Penrith Panthers.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

7 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

It’s a massive admin mess up over there. Embarrassing for the league and exactly what it didn’t need. Nothing to do with pandemic. 

Any idea what’s actually happened? 

6 hours ago, TheReaper said:

The pandemic's been going on for over a year, you'd think you'd want make sure insurance is lined up before announcing the league.

Do you know what’s happened and why, or are you just speculating and enjoying the failure? 

Archived