New North American Competition?

Anyone heard any signings or activity about the Canadian clubs? Aces and Wolfpack. They have been quiet. I know they have more time until their Canada Cup games though.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Do we know what the full board is? Would be interested to know how many North Americans there are on it

Yes that would indeed be interesting wouldn't it.  Something tells me that it's very few if any.

6 hours ago, Gomersall said:

From the sound of this they may be broadcasting pre-season friendlies

The North American Rugby League will be broadcasting all games live on Sports Flick with pre-season content and exhibition games along with behind-the-scenes content with players and club owners. 

10 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

From the sound of this they may be broadcasting pre-season friendlies

The North American Rugby League will be broadcasting all games live on Sports Flick with pre-season content and exhibition games along with behind-the-scenes content with players and club owners. 

I'd love to get some NARL friendlies early. And behind the scenes content.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

3 hours ago, del capo said:

And do these new guys  have any actual RL credentials ?

I think these guys have been brought in for their wider business and commercial expertise rather than their RL experience. Clearly the NARL owners (who are apparently all fans of the game) see their skillset as a useful addition and it's their money so good luck to them.

36 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

I think these guys have been brought in for their wider business and commercial expertise rather than their RL experience. Clearly the NARL owners (who are apparently all fans of the game) see their skillset as a useful addition and it's their money so good luck to them.

Fair enough. As you say it's their money

External  skills are for some reason seen as objectional in RL.  Even on these threads.

Is our game far too insular for its own good ?

18 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Yes that would indeed be interesting wouldn't it.  Something tells me that it's very few if any.

The makeup of the board has been addressed I believe on the Chasing Kangaroos Podcast with Rob Curtis.

All Englishmen from memory and only one from the North...

new rise.jpg

1 hour ago, del capo said:

Fair enough. As you say it's their money

External  skills are for some reason seen as objectional in RL.  Even on these threads.

Is our game far too insular for its own good ?

Absolutely 

41 minutes ago, langpark said:

Steve Mascord has tweeted that NARL is, quote: "on the brink of collapse".

Does anyone know if there any truth to that?

Have just read the same thing - Brian Lowe is also very pessimistic and tweeting similar. I hope they’re both wrong 

1 hour ago, langpark said:

Be good, as ever, to know the details rather than the rumours.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 23/05/2021 at 05:36, del capo said:

And do these new guys  have any actual RL credentials ?

Yes, they’re getting on with trying to grow the game there, instead of being negative on an Internet forum. 

1 hour ago, langpark said:

Have you got a link to what he’s said please mate? I’ll be gutted if this doesn’t go ahead. 

Regardless of when/if this collapses, worth remembering that the USARL season is still, as far as we know, going ahead.

Meanwhile senior editor at Rugby League Planet tweets this from his personal account:

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived