New North American Competition?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Have you got a link to what he’s said please mate? I’ll be gutted if this doesn’t go ahead. 

Here is the tweet: 

May I also just remind people, that it was Steve Mascord that first broke the story of the NARL, before the official announcement. And a lot of what he wrote, such as format, number of teams involved, which teams involved etc. was completely wrong. So I would not be considering him the most reliable of sources. But with kickoff just 24 days away, in any case, we will soon learn the NARL's fate. 

3 minutes ago, langpark said:

Here is the tweet: 

May I also just remind people, that it was Steve Mascord that first broke the story of the NARL, before the official announcement. And a lot of what he wrote, such as format, number of teams involved, which teams involved etc. was completely wrong. So I would not be considering him the most reliable of sources. But with kickoff just 24 days away, in any case, we will soon learn the NARL's fate. 

Hopefully he’s wrong. Good way of getting people to sign up to his Patreon account anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Oh well. Looks like I was right in comparing this competition to the denver tests and the USA holding the RLWC unfortunately.

I did enjoy all of the cool jerseys and logos though.

It’s one tweet from Steve Mascord, instead of making your mind up from that why not wait and see before declaring your pessimism right? 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s one tweet from Steve Mascord, instead of making your mind up from that why not wait and see before declaring your pessimism right? 

I’ve seen others tweet saying the same thing. 

we’ve already lost the western conference and vague details of who’s financing this competition doesn’t fill me with much confidence along with the lack of news coming out from the Wolfpack and aces 😬😬

25 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

I’ve seen others tweet saying the same thing. 

we’ve already lost the western conference and vague details of who’s financing this competition doesn’t fill me with much confidence along with the lack of news coming out from the Wolfpack and aces 😬😬

The Wolfpack and aces don’t have any games scheduled because of the covid situation in Canada. Also as hard as it is to believe, Twitter is 90% b0110ck5. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

The Wolfpack and aces don’t have any games scheduled because of the covid situation in Canada. Also as hard as it is to believe, Twitter is 90% b0110ck5. 

Aren’t they playing each other?

agree 100% about Twitter. Never had a Twitter account and never will along with Facebook.

17 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Aren’t they playing each other?

agree 100% about Twitter. Never had a Twitter account and never will along with Facebook.

Yes but they haven’t set dates as they can’t yet, so no wonder they’re quiet about it. 

What Mascord has reported is pretty much on the money, reported to him as almost verbatim from the league meeting by the look of it. 

The thing is a farce and that they’re tweeting out stuff about sponsors and announcements is irresponsible and pathetic. 

Investors have gone, some teams haven’t been paid and unless there is some miracle in the few weeks there won’t be an official season this year (clubs may try and put some friendlies on for local lads to salvage something). Talk of getting investors for 2022 but the league is tarnished now.

Beyond disappointing for those of us at club level who have been working tirelessly to get this off the ground and ready to go, the import players who put their lives on hold and the local players training hard for it. Only to be told it was BS. The conversation at training last night was horrible.

There have been a few red flags behind the scenes and the clubs have had to push them for transparency. Thank god they did before people started moving families over etc. 

Peak Rugby League, pretty much the final straw for me. The sport is a joke.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

17 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

What Mascord has reported is pretty much on the money, reported to him as almost verbatim from the league meeting by the look of it. The thing is a farce and that they’re tweeting out stuff about sponsors and announcements is irresponsible and pathetic. 

Investors have gone, some teams haven’t been paid and unless there is some miracle in the few weeks there won’t be an official season this year (clubs may try and put some friendlies on for local lads to salvage something). Talk of getting investors for 2022 but the league is tarnished now.

Beyond disappointing for those of us at club level who have been working tirelessly to get this off the ground and ready to go, the import players who put their lives on hold and the local players training hard for it. Only to be told it was BS. The conversation at training last night was horrible.

There have been a few red flags behind the scenes and the clubs have had to push them for transparency. Thank god they did before people started moving families over etc. 

What was the turning point? Why did the investors leave?   

23 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

As a complete outsider like myself, I saw plenty of red flags since Day 1. Red flags that many RL enthusiasts seemed happy just to gloss over and often got irritated by those who would ask rational questions.

Some were even gloating and I have had to say to them several times on this very thread, that it was too early for them to be saying "I told you so". 

The nail is certainly not in the coffin yet, but it seems that soon, those who raised grave doubts may soon be the ones saying "I told you so".

I fear what the fallout of this could be and hope some good people, like Monte Gaddis and countless others, are not turned off the game for good. 

29 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

What Mascord has reported is pretty much on the money, reported to him as almost verbatim from the league meeting by the look of it. The thing is a farce and that they’re tweeting out stuff about sponsors and announcements is irresponsible and pathetic. 

Terrible. You’re from Atlanta?

3 minutes ago, langpark said:

As a complete outsider like myself, I saw plenty of red flags since Day 1. Red flags that many RL enthusiasts seemed happy just to gloss over and often got irritated by those who would ask rational questions.

Some were even gloating and I have had to say to them several times on this very thread, that it was too early for them to be saying "I told you so". 

The nail is certainly not in the coffin yet, but it seems that soon, those who raised grave doubts may soon be the ones saying "I told you so".

I fear what the fallout of this could be and hope some good people, like Monte Gaddis and countless others, are not turned off the game for good. 

I was one of those that had my doubts but I’m far from gloating as this is another huge setback for RL whilst union goes from strength to strength. 

It’s things like this make it hard to defend the game from people who view it as Mickey Mouse.

6 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

I was one of those that had my doubts but I’m far from gloating as this is another huge setback for RL whilst union goes from strength to strength. 

It’s things like this make it hard to defend the game from people who view it as Mickey Mouse.

Absolutely, nobody should and you certainly won't see me gloating either. It will be a dark day for the game if it happens.

I will continue praying for a miracle in the meantime. 

11 minutes ago, langpark said:

Hope you enjoy telling people “I told you so.” Sadly, your fears in the last paragraph are almost certainly going to materialize.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived