New North American Competition?

11 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Thats a good signing...and there have been lots of other good signings too.   I think we will have a League 1 quality pretty quickly...if we can get into Year 2 successfully  Championship quality of play will also come quickly....far faster than many of the posters on here prat on about.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Thats a good signing...and there have been lots of other good signings too.   I think we will have a League 1 quality pretty quickly...if we can get into Year 2 successfully  Championship quality of play will also come quickly....far faster than many of the posters on here prat on about.

Aye , if you say so 😉

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Aye , if you say so 😉

Now take it easy Gubs!...I see you are taking stick on some other threads over the Leigh thing.  Somewhere, over the rainbow, the Wolfpack and Leigh will meet again!  I just want to be able to watch a proper RL game over here for the Love of Mike!

Hang in there Oldtimer.

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Now take it easy Gubs!...I see you are taking stick on some other threads over the Leigh thing.  Somewhere, over the rainbow, the Wolfpack and Leigh will meet again!  I just want to be able to watch a proper RL game over here for the Love of Mike!

Hang in there Oldtimer.

I just hope it's not over "The Rainbow Bridge"......and I don't mean the one in Niagara Falls either.......LOL

16 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Hang in there Oldtimer.

Tbf I don’t think Leigh are ever going to win SL and get into the Northern Hemisphere Club Cup. 

7 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Can someone confirm if they are really going to be playing here? Surely not, how can you kick the ball in there! Will be a whole different sport 

The venue, I've checked just now, has outdoor fields as well.

EDIT

And now I'm getting sponsored ads from Las Vegas hotels all over my feed

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

31 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The venue, I've checked just now, has outdoor fields as well.

EDIT

And now I'm getting sponsored ads from Las Vegas hotels all over my feed

Cheers thought that might be the case. Sounds like you need a trip to Vegas! 

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Taking players from the Queensland Cup is impressive, this competition should be a decent standard and will only get better 

Exactly and the others will pick it up quickly from them.  New Guinea players will come I bet!

10 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Can someone confirm if they are really going to be playing here? Surely not, how can you kick the ball in there! Will be a whole different sport 

I saw some footage last year of a game played under some sort of covering at Lamport stadium. The big problem there was the angle of filming (ground level), which did it no favours.

This is an aspect we haven`t heard enough about amid the stories of signings, given that initially NARL will succeed or fail on the quality of the livestreamed product.

What standard of RL they deliver on the field will be immaterial if it`s filmed on a phone by someone standing on the touchline.

4 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I saw some footage last year of a game played under some sort of covering at Lamport stadium. The big problem there was the angle of filming (ground level), which did it no favours.

This is an aspect we haven`t heard enough about amid the stories of signings, given that initially NARL will succeed or fail on the quality of the livestreamed product.

What standard of RL they deliver on the field will be immaterial if it`s filmed on a phone by someone standing on the touchline.

Lamport has a bubble type covering in winter just over the pitch allowing football to be played in it , why would that have any relevance to what will be happening ( hopefully ) in this comp ?

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Lamport has a bubble type covering in winter just over the pitch allowing football to be played in it , why would that have any relevance to what will be happening ( hopefully ) in this comp ?

Indeed, they won’t need snow protection in the Nevada Desert in summer. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Indeed, they won’t need snow protection in the Nevada Desert in summer. 

The image in the (now deleted) tweet that was published was of an indoor facility, which I think is the reason for the question 

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The picture it was relevant to has disappeared. Odd thing for them to post, given how the venue was introduced.

5 hours ago, Sammo said:

The image in the (now deleted) tweet that was published was of an indoor facility, which I think is the reason for the question 

Yes the tweet had a picture of an indoor facility which was obviously completely unsuitable for RL. I'm guessing that's why they have removed the tweet 

54 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Quote - ‘If you don’t pay them, you’ll get hardly anyone to training and the games aren’t as flash.’ 

Not a ringing endorsement for the growth of the game at the amateur/grassroots level...

3 hours ago, Sammo said:

Quote - ‘If you don’t pay them, you’ll get hardly anyone to training and the games aren’t as flash.’ 

Not a ringing endorsement for the growth of the game at the amateur/grassroots level...

It can't grow at that lower level until there's a high profile major pro league and franchises to inspire that level of interest.  Things don't work bottom-up, they work top-down.

Archived