Laguerre a star is born

RS

20 minutes ago, RS said:

This young man looks highly impressive. The offload near the tryline is normally something you see from experienced older players. 

Hes had a very good first half. Hopefully this is the start of a regular first team spot for him and another Frenchman playing regular SL which is always good to see.

4 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Wait till morgue gets on at 9. Another star in the making. Maybe being short of money could be a blessing for french rl! 

Having less money certainly means theres more opportunities for Young French players! Hopefully soon Les Dracs regularly have 10 Frenchmen in the matchday 17 even when all players are fully fit.

35 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Catalans produce so many Super League and Championship players, far more than many other Super League clubs. 

Do they really? Have you any stats to back that up because I would be amazed if they produced more than Wigan for example.

1 hour ago, langpark said:

22 years old... I can't help but think that he should have debuted a year or two ago, but was likely kept out of the spot due to an over-supply of mediocre Aussie has-beens.

I kept thinking that last season was a missed opportunity, with no relegation more youngsters should've got more game time 

5 hours ago, barnyia said:

Wait till morgue gets on at 9. Another star in the making. Maybe being short of money could be a blessing for french rl! 

Morgues best position is half back. He's a sensational talent, I just hope that he's not turned into a utility player 

8 hours ago, langpark said:

22 years old... I can't help but think that he should have debuted a year or two ago, but was likely kept out of the spot due to an over-supply of mediocre Aussie has-beens.

He’s only just turned 22 and bear in mind last season was truncated, particularly for Catalans. I also don’t think you can call Folau mediocre. Langi perhaps

9 hours ago, langpark said:

In the after-game interview, Steve McNamara basically said that Laguerre had just been too small to play at SL level and it's taken a couple of years for him to bulk up sufficiently. 

2 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Seguier off after a mistake doesn't bode well for him. McNamara doesn't trust him.

Laguerre is easily good enough and I hope he keeps his spot ahead of Langi who hasn't got the hands Matthieu showcased yesterday.

Wont do his confidence any good that.

11 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Seguier off after a mistake doesn't bode well for him. McNamara doesn't trust him.

Laguerre is easily good enough and I hope he keeps his spot ahead of Langi who hasn't got the hands Matthieu showcased yesterday.

Mc namara said he was the home grown replacement for casty. He was on the pitch less than 5 minutes. I know the dragons where down to 12 men as soon as he came on but I'm sure he would have done the job

Archived