Match Thread: Part III of the Trilogy. Featherstone Rovers v Batley Friday-2nd-April-2021

marklaspalmas

13 hours ago, POR said:

so please tell me in your opinion which  Half a dozen changes are necessary and justified.

I'll take a crack at it, not sure I'll get to half a dozen though

Hall

Blackmore, Minns, Welham, Gale

Brown, Chisholm

Kopczak, Jones, Harrison

Day, Ferres

Bussey

Parata, Cooper, Davies, Moors

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

I'll take a crack at it, not sure I'll get to half a dozen though

Hall

Blackmore, Minns, Welham, Gale

Brown, Chisholm

Kopczak, Jones, Harrison

Day, Ferres

Bussey

Parata, Cooper, Davies, Moors

a good team  shame about sherlock hope people shouting for unrealistic whole sale changes  realise you can't drop a boat load of good players because they had a mare noticed you've dropped the  captain interesting if so I would start coops and bring james off the bench because webbos ploy of him coming on and staying on seems to work

45 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

You dropped Lockwood? Big call.

Yep, with how we've been playing we've been winning based on individual plays rather than a disciplined team game. With the short turn around I'm embracing it and going for a squad that I feel offers more skill and line breaks.

I get Harrison coming off the bench has worked for us in the two games so far but he's shown up as our best player so far this season. Get him in from the off.

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The problem with demanding lots of changes based on the Batley game is that the reason we struggled in that game was down to lots of individual errors spread across the 17 players - it wasn't one player making four or five mistakes, it was about 12 or 13 of the 17 making one error with a couple doing so twice.

that's true and based on that logic parata would be one of the first to miss out due to his forward passes 🤣

Pretty sure I read/heard in an interview with Webbo that he plans to utilise the whole squad through the season to keep everyone fresh and to play certain players against certain teams. Let's just trust his judgement. He's been good so far! 

I think Locky has played well this season probably our most consistent forward.I do agree we have not been playing as a team and individual plays have got us the win.If all fit i would try somethuing a little different.Hall Blackmore Welham  Minns Brown-Holmes Chisholm-Kopczak Jones Ferres =Davies Day Lockwood.     subs Bussey Harrison Hardcastle and Parata.       Hardcastle could be sub Back/Backrow forward. Unlucky to miss out would be Gale who has done litte wrong Cooper always has a go,and perhaps Field may deserve a go at some stage.I would hope the younger members of our squad will get some game time during the season when we can afford to give them the chance.

1 hour ago, Michael Bates said:

I get Harrison coming off the bench has worked for us in the two games so far but he's shown up as our best player so far this season. Get him in from the off.

Webster was asked about this on RoversTV after the last game and he said it was partly down to body types but also that if Harrison comes on as a sub he can get a natural breather at half time and he can then play big minutes deep into the second half as he's our fittest middle.

For instance against Batley he came on after 24 minutes and didn't go off again until the 74th minute. So he played 50 minutes whereas for some of the other middles it was more like 35 minutes

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Webster was asked about this on RoversTV after the last game and he said it was partly down to body types but also that if Harrison comes on as a sub he can get a natural breather at half time and he can then play big minutes deep into the second half as he's our fittest middle.

For instance against Batley he came on after 24 minutes and didn't go off again until the 74th minute. So he played 50 minutes whereas for some of the other middles it was more like 35 minutes

Fair enough, that's why he's in charge and I'm not!

Well. Just checked on the RFL Match Centre website to see if Ferres' name had been removed. It has - and Tom Holmes is in the squad.

Doesn't mean he's playing, of course, but Fev and the RFL have clearly had contact about the game and you'd think the fact that the RFL has made the change means the game is going ahead.

Brown, Manning and Gledhill all back for Batley, so their pack should be a different proposition.

What frame of mind our players will be in, who knows!

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well. Just checked on the RFL Match Centre website to see if Ferres' name had been removed. It has - and Tom Holmes is in the squad.

Doesn't mean he's playing, of course, but Fev and the RFL have clearly had contact about the game and you'd think the fact that the RFL has made the change means the game is going ahead.

Brown, Manning and Gledhill all back for Batley, so their pack should be a different proposition.

What frame of mind our players will be in, who knows! 

Brown, Manning and Gledhill all back for Batley,that's true but I think it will be brown's and ,mannings first game of the season and gledhills second  with the power of our pack  I think it will be harder for them than us

What frame of mind our players will be in,  with what's gone off and the fans reactions which I'm sure the'ave seen they will be right up for it to show their sorry for all the nonsense the'ave brought on the club and to show us we are all in this together to push for SL

10 minutes ago, POR said:

Brown, Manning and Gledhill all back for Batley,that's true but I think it will be brown's and ,mannings first game of the season and gledhills second  with the power of our pack  I think it will be harder for them than us

What frame of mind our players will be in,  with what's gone off and the fans reactions which I'm sure the'ave seen they will be right up for it to show their sorry for all the nonsense the'ave brought on the club and to show us we are all in this together to push for SL

Just wondered por in what way do you think it will be harder for our pack than yours with the said 3 players back in contention?

31 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Just wondered por in what way do you think it will be harder for our pack than yours with the said 3 players back in contention?

because some of them have played no rugby and we  have all seen players getting stronger fitter  the more they play 

2 hours ago, POR said:

because some of them have played no rugby and we  have all seen players getting stronger fitter  the more they play 

Knowing Dane Manning - he'd of played last few games if he was allowed by Lingard it's Lingard that's kept him out for the league games that his coach sees as the bigger picture wasn't long ago he'd of played with a stabbing injury but diskin said no chance 

brown is always a handful expect a typical brown performance I'm sure you lot wanted him a few year back 

gledhill's fourth game he's missed two games vs fev due to kick off times on a Saturday dinner time... he's match fit and ready 

It's okay doing 5-6 months of training but it's all about games for fitness and other things I'm sure if you've played the game you'll know... 

Not the only one missing watching the game. not really good enough when we cant phyically go and watch.

having to listen to Karl Harrison on Radio Leeds

Steaming !!!!!

Archived