Match Thread: Part III of the Trilogy. Featherstone Rovers v Batley Friday-2nd-April-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Cant get through to OUR League it sdaysd already registered but will not show picture all the old gamesa. What is the score and can I watch the game later?

28-18 to Rovers but Batley attacking again

So phantom what is the point for me paying £7.99 to watch live rovers tv as i dont have a season ticket live

1 minute ago, haskey said:

So phantom what is the point for me paying £7.99 to watch live rovers tv as i dont have a season ticket live

I paid £65 the other day for full season thinking i would get LIVE game's,i feel its misleading and iam not the only one.

Just now, haskey said:

As it says on the website - you get exclusive interviews, match highlights and classic games, plus live audio commentary (I think, you certainly got that in previous years).

Other than pre-season games, RoversTV are not allowed to show live games, and they're not allowed to show full recorded versions until 48 hours after the game.

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Workmanlike in the second half and fair play to Batley for hanging in there. We look three quarters of the way to being a good team but not quite there yet. Bit frustrating at the moment as we have been outgaining our opponents in terms of yardage by a long way but it's not being reflected in the scoreline.

Must agree with you TPH. Some good rugby at times by both sides, but you could see the fatigue kicking in rather early on. We won second half 12   10 which I will take as some kinda consolation.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As it says on the website - you get exclusive interviews, match highlights and classic games, plus live audio commentary (I think, you certainly got that in previous years).

Other than pre-season games, RoversTV are not allowed to show live games, and they're not allowed to show full recorded versions until 48 hours after the game.

grandson says no  live commentary tonight

4 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Not played great again, but a win is a win. Batley are a tough team and playing the same team three times in such a short time doesn't help. Work for the Coach to do, especially on our ball retention. 

true  but if we kick all our goals comprehensive win  

another six tries take that all day long

Played 3 times and only one team pulled for forward passes.  Come on!  Batley scored iin every game at least 1 try from a forward pass.  They played well though and I think will be one of the better teams in this division. 

We never really looked like worrying the win and you made fewer mistakes this game (but still too many) we hung in there and I'm happy with a ten point loss away to the probable league champions

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Tried viewing on tv through ‘our league’ website... long winded kept asking me to log out then back in really poor service,missed start of match and had to redeem code on iPad to view 

Forza Fev

Didn’t have any issues accessing it to be fair. Decent value for the £4.95.

Agree with previous summaries of the game. At times we look like we could score 60 points every week...other times less so! 
Batley do all the basics very well and make very few mistakes....that generally keeps you in most games unless you’re hopelessly outclassed.

We undoubtedly need to get better and we should do.

Jury is out on the coach still for me... we’ve assembled a squad that is the envy of the vast majority of coaches in the division...

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

Tried viewing on tv through ‘our league’ website... long winded kept asking me to log out then back in really poor service,missed start of match and had to redeem code on iPad to view 

Saw more than I did . Couldn't get through at all. Finished up listening to the last ten minutes on BBC

29 minutes ago, POR said:

Interesting take from mathew shaw who was at the game

Featherstone are a team that will decimate sides when they find their groove.

Totally agree. When we click we look awesome.  You won't see a better try then gaz gales lovely movement. 

Score one a week like that and I'm happy 😊

Archived