Match Thread: Part III of the Trilogy. Featherstone Rovers v Batley Friday-2nd-April-2021

marklaspalmas

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Mark H said:

Tried viewing on tv through ‘our league’ website... long winded kept asking me to log out then back in really poor service,missed start of match and had to redeem code on iPad to view 

I struggle with the website on a smart TV just as you have done. The only reliable way that I find is using a PC or tablet.

It certainly needs sorting out - the coverage is quite good but the underlying technology isn't up to scratch.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, POR said:

Interesting take from mathew shaw who was at the game

Featherstone are a team that will decimate sides when they find their groove.

I reckon that you need someone to beat you first then you will improve. There are too many spells of complacency from certain players to make me happy if I were a Fev fan.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I struggle with the website on a smart TV just as you have done. The only reliable way that I find is using a PC or tablet.

It certainly needs sorting out - the coverage is quite good but the underlying technology isn't up to scratch.

I play 8t through the app on my phone and cast it to the TV worked perfectly for every game so far.

BTW we are playing you next weekend as usual aren't we? 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

6 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I reckon that you need someone to beat you first then you will improve. There are too many spells of complacency from certain players to make me happy if I were a Fev fan.

NO you don't if you play badly and still  win that's all that counts  yes as a fan I would like them to play better and blow teams  away but for me a wins a win no matter  how  we get it so 20 something scrappy wins this season will still get the job done 

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Tv and laptop virtually unwatchable for me due to long periods of start / stop.  Tablet much better but still not great.

14 hours ago, Theodora said:

Didn’t have any issues accessing it to be fair. Decent value for the £4.95.

Agree with previous summaries of the game. At times we look like we could score 60 points every week...other times less so! 
Batley do all the basics very well and make very few mistakes....that generally keeps you in most games unless you’re hopelessly outclassed.

We undoubtedly need to get better and we should do.

Jury is out on the coach still for me... we’ve assembled a squad that is the envy of the vast majority of coaches in the division...

I had no trouble and thought the coverage was pretty good.

I am becoming to think I was given the wrong code. I spent two hours trying to get connected. Each time I  was told that my details were already connected and  couldn't go any further.

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

How do you cast it onto the TV? thank you. 

Either screen mirror from ipad or android (smart view) need to change some tv's input source to screen mirror or miracast first.  if that doesn't work you can buy a miracast dongle from amazon for about 10 quid.  Follow YouTube to see how to set it up.  Older Samsung don't seem to. Like ipads / apple devices.  Android devices tend to. Be pretty good with third party hardware. 

16 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Either screen mirror from ipad or android (smart view) need to change some tv's input source to screen mirror or miracast first.  if that doesn't work you can buy a miracast dongle from amazon for about 10 quid.  Follow YouTube to see how to set it up.  Older Samsung don't seem to. Like ipads / apple devices.  Android devices tend to. Be pretty good with third party hardware. 

Is this English???

17 minutes ago, lingaro said:

👍 

Stream worked fine for me. Streamed 1st half from my phone to the TV, then as I had a bit more time to get organised at half time, I used the TV Web browser to sign in to the OurLeague website. Good coverage, better commentary than the last two games, all good to me. 

On to what we were actually watching... Better performance than last week, but still not great. Most errors seemed to come in the latter stages, so don't know if fatigue was an issue. There were some better individual performances as well this week, rather than the entire team struggling, and whilst Batley again turned up and gave us a game, I never felt as worried as last week. 

Both wingers put in good shifts, and Frankie Halton also ran it in well. Goal kicking is still a concern though, Hall needs to relocate his kicking boots or hand it on. 

Clearly more to come from us, just hope we can continue to improve, and preferably quickly. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

7 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I got a great steam on the laptop and cast into onto the TV.

Many people recommend casting but when there are plenty of smart TV's around the site should simply work through the browser, shouldn't it?

22 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Many people recommend casting but when there are plenty of smart TV's around the site should simply work through the browser, shouldn't it?

Depends how smart your smart TV is. I've recently picked one up my dad bought 8 or 9 years ago. It might be smart, but it's not that smart. 😉

I watched on a 12 month old TVast night. Both casting and using the browser both worked fine. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

14 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Goal kicking is still a concern though, Hall needs to relocate his kicking boots or hand it on. 

Talk about a knee-jerk reaction after a couple of bad games.  Hall has been a top goal kicker over a long period and we should stick with him.  I remember the great Steve Quinn going through a terrible patch when he didn't kick any goals over a number of games but I'm sure nobody suggested dropping him.

On 03/04/2021 at 11:55, Piggy's mate said:

I play 8t through the app on my phone and cast it to the TV worked perfectly for every game so far.

BTW we are playing you next weekend as usual aren't we? 

Good call .... I’ll sort that for next time but I’d already missed the first few minutes so did want to start setting cast up as well 👍

Forza Fev

6 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Talk about a knee-jerk reaction after a couple of bad games.  Hall has been a top goal kicker over a long period and we should stick with him.  I remember the great Steve Quinn going through a terrible patch when he didn't kick any goals over a number of games but I'm sure nobody suggested dropping him.

Where did I suggest dropping him? I'm suggesting that the coach may want to consider other goal kickers if Hall continues to struggle, as he did in the game itself when Chizzy took over. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Where did I suggest dropping him? I'm suggesting that the coach may want to consider other goal kickers if Hall continues to struggle, as he did in the game itself when Chizzy took over. 

ok wrong phrase - dropping him as kicker I meant.  I think handing the ball to Chizzy the other day after missing a few is different to having the duties taken off him permanently

15 hours ago, RobLambert said:

ok wrong phrase - dropping him as kicker I meant.  I think handing the ball to Chizzy the other day after missing a few is different to having the duties taken off him permanently

Agreed. Hall has shown over time what a great kicker he is, so hopefully it's just a bit of ring-rust after 12 months of relative inaction, and he needs a wee bit of time to recalibrate his sights. 

Archived