3rd Round Cup Draw

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Take those tinted specs off. 

You know, both teams were as bad as each other. 

6 hours ago, Faithful1865 said:

The Hull players got yellow cards for self defence. The referee should have been sacked for allowing some of the thuggery that went on that day, but the RFL do nothing to improve the standard of the officials.

Just to step inbetween to fans, as an independent who watched it I have to say it was 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

A double header at Saints, with one of the two games as one people won’t be happy that it’s been selected for TV. 

So, if this is true, my guess would be:

St Helen's v Leeds 

Catalans v Wakefield 

This uses a loophole to avoid having to travel to France and have all the games televised 

22 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

So, if this is true, my guess would be:

St Helen's v Leeds 

Catalans v Wakefield 

This uses a loophole to avoid having to travel to France and have all the games televised 

You’ve got it. That’s what I’ve been told anyway and the person who told me is pretty spot on with this sort of thing. 

8 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Probably Headingly again, just to appease the RFLHQ.

Lets see if Ken can get them switched to Huddersfield.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

25 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

You’ve got it. That’s what I’ve been told anyway and the person who told me is pretty spot on with this sort of thing. 

If that's the case Wakefield will play at Saints 3 weeks in a row against Wigan, Catalans and Saints.

This is following their first 'home' game against Leeds at Headingley... you couldn't make it up 

Perhaps we don't need a new stadium at all, just change our name to Wakefield Cuckoos 🤣

1 hour ago, Wholly Trinity said:

If that's the case Wakefield will play at Saints 3 weeks in a row against Wigan, Catalans and Saints.

This is following their first 'home' game against Leeds at Headingley... you couldn't make it up 

Perhaps we don't need a new stadium at all, just change our name to Wakefield Cuckoos 🤣

All League games to be played in the Headingly Bibble, all cup games to be played in the Wigan Bibbles.

5 hours ago, Josef K said:

Do the winners of the challenge cup still get prize money ?. With the RFL not announcing cash deals i do wonder if they get anything. 

If you want to know how much sponsorship money the RFL has to play with, you can get an overview here: http://secure.rugby-league.com/ign_docs/RFL (Governing Body) Limited 2019 - signed.pdf

Although it's not up to date (as in ends at end of 2019) you can make some educated guesses based on that.

It is annoying they don't seem to just publish the prize fund info though.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

If you want to know how much sponsorship money the RFL has to play with, you can get an overview here: http://secure.rugby-league.com/ign_docs/RFL (Governing Body) Limited 2019 - signed.pdf

Although it's not up to date (as in ends at end of 2019) you can make some educated guesses based on that.

It is annoying they don't seem to just publish the prize fund info though.

A lot of info like that was (fairly) easily accessible on the old 'rfl.org' website. Since changing to 'rugby-league.com' it's become very difficult to find. 

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

A lot of info like that was (fairly) easily accessible on the old 'rfl.org' website. Since changing to 'rugby-league.com' it's become very difficult to find. 

Agreed.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Anyone know if the Sportsman are carrying a game on their channels as they did the past couple of rounds, or Sky taking a couple of the fixtures?

19:45 KO Friday 9th April. 

York City Knights v Wigan Warriors.

The RFL often get criticism for not embracing digital channels, but the last couple of years do seem to have changed that somewhat (although the Youtube channels etc. can still be poor).

Whether they can ultimately make a success of OurLeague remains to be seen, but it is proving to be a nice little service for the RL fan.

Look at what we can now watch for the next round:

Friday

Hull KR v Cas - OurLeague PPV

York v Wigan - Sportsman online FREE

Saturday

Salford v Widnes - OurLeague PPV

Saints v Leeds - BBC FREE

Catalans v Wakey - BBC FREE

Fev v Hull - OurLeaguePPV

Sunday

Swinton v Wire - OurLeague PPV

Leigh v Hudds - OurLeague PPV

Being able to watch every round has never been possible, it does slowly feel like we are dragging ourselves into the future, and we are having to do this ourselves as we are not big enough to have major partners do it for us. It's really good stuff.

19 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The RFL often get criticism for not embracing digital channels, but the last couple of years do seem to have changed that somewhat (although the Youtube channels etc. can still be poor).

Whether they can ultimately make a success of OurLeague remains to be seen, but it is proving to be a nice little service for the RL fan.

Look at what we can now watch for the next round:

Friday

Hull KR v Cas - OurLeague PPV

York v Wigan - Sportsman online FREE

Saturday

Salford v Widnes - OurLeague PPV

Saints v Leeds - BBC FREE

Catalans v Wakey - BBC FREE

Fev v Hull - OurLeaguePPV

Sunday

Swinton v Wire - OurLeague PPV

Leigh v Hudds - OurLeague PPV

Being able to watch every round has never been possible, it does slowly feel like we are dragging ourselves into the future, and we are having to do this ourselves as we are not big enough to have major partners do it for us. It's really good stuff.

I'll definitely be paying out for Fev v Hull.

Was very impressed with the OurLeague coverage of London v Keighley. Better than either the BBC or Sportsman coverage of other games.

On 29/03/2021 at 10:28, MattSantos said:

Fev v Hull has more chance of an upset so should be the game. Can review 1983 as well...

Fev need to get Misi Taulapapa back for this one 😇

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Archived