Women's Super League fixtures/coverage confirmed

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Pleased to see the commitment to live coverage although a bit odd that it's not, unless I'm reading it wrong, on Our League as well as Twitch.

Be nice to get to a point where we're getting regular games at least on either the BBC red button or Sky YouTube channel.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Pleased to see the commitment to live coverage although a bit odd that it's not, unless I'm reading it wrong, on Our League as well as Twitch.

Be nice to get to a point where we're getting regular games at least on either the BBC red button or Sky YouTube channel.

From the press release: "we’ll be showing live action from the Betfred Women’s Super League every week of the regular season, with match coverage repeated later the same week on Our League"

This seems unusual, but I can watch on Twitch with no problems, so I am okay with it. Plus it is a platform that younger fans will be more than familiar with. Then if I miss the live match, I can catch up on OurLeague.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

From the press release: "we’ll be showing live action from the Betfred Women’s Super League every week of the regular season, with match coverage repeated later the same week on Our League"

This seems unusual, but I can watch on Twitch with no problems, so I am okay with it. Plus it is a platform that younger fans will be more than familiar with. Then if I miss the live match, I can catch up on OurLeague.

I`ve found Twitch to be more reliable than Our League.

2 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I`ve found Twitch to be more reliable than Our League.

Me too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

People mainly use Twitch to watch video game footage. But others use it for their own purposes, including RL. The footage does get interrupted by adverts on most channels, but the app runs very smoothly on most platforms and if you create a (free) account, you can bookmark the channels you want for quick access.

I also use it for the RiffTrax and MST3K channels, but whenever the same live RL match has been on OurLeague and Twitch, the latter has always given me fewer problems.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Charlotte Booth didn`t last long with her new club Brisbane Easts Tigers in her first BHP Cup game at the weekend. Broken arm in two places. Laureane Biville had to return to France in 2019 after a leg injury incurred playing for the same club.

At moments like these, can`t help succumbing to the thought, "maybe girls should stick to Tag".

49 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Working now. Pies up by 38-4 and looking like scoring at will now. Wire being over-run.

There was a video feed SNAFU at half time, but otherwise the coverage was okay. Some of us were following it on the "Live Rugby League this weekend" thread, as so many TRL regulars never stray from the main forum.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 14/04/2021 at 02:36, unapologetic pedant said:

Charlotte Booth didn`t last long with her new club Brisbane Easts Tigers in her first BHP Cup game at the weekend. Broken arm in two places. Laureane Biville had to return to France in 2019 after a leg injury incurred playing for the same club.

At moments like these, can`t help succumbing to the thought, "maybe girls should stick to Tag".

No man ever been injured playing then?

• 2 months later...

Just caught up with a couple of games via highlights shows, the 15 minute shows are a poor advert for the game really when the adverts are taken off its a 10 minute slot at best, it seems unfair to the women who make some good games happen,

On 20/04/2021 at 09:11, Impartial Observer said:

No man ever been injured playing then?

You`re mistaking the tone of the post.

I was only confessing to personal moments of weakness, induced by the fact that, rightly or wrongly, I have a different reaction to seeing women get injured compared to men.

Apparently the two games scheduled for the Mobile Rocket on Sunday 11th July had to be postponed again due to a lack of medical personnel.

I think the last time this happened, it was also at Wakefield. 

Archived