Knights V Wigan

spanishknight

So proud of York tonight , fordy puts out a very patched up side against a very strong Wigan outfit , great commitment from all players and great coaching , our future is bright , by the way well played Wigan a very professional performance , up the kneets😀😀😀

Very well played York. Your boys never stopped trying, competing and grafting. Considering Wigans standing in the game York definitely were not dominated in any way for considerable periods in the game. I thought you guys were great and all knight's fans should be very proud. Great advert for the championship. 

14 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

So proud of York tonight , fordy puts out a very patched up side against a very strong Wigan outfit , great commitment from all players and great coaching , our future is bright , by the way well played Wigan a very professional performance , up the kneets😀😀😀

Watched this from Toronto. Knights did well, bit better finish at the line and they'd have had a couple of trys bodes well for the year if that aspect can be sorted. Lovely stadium, I'm very envious but hey NARL is coming to Lamport so cannot complain! Mebbe we'll tempt Deano and gang over when we play New York in 2022!!!

This Knights team have a lot to be proud of tonight. Some of our forwards put in some very long stints (Cuthbo will be feeling it!) - just hope the injury list hasn't lengthened !

Pleased to see Fordy pick out FB Myles Harrison in his post-match interview - to make your debut as a 17 year old against Wigan, play 80 minutes, catch all the high stuff, make all your touch kicks - very creditable.

27 minutes ago, Nige Arro said:

Great effort, far better than last week

Yes, its strange how that sometimes happens, our patched up side looked more like a team than last week. I think tonight proved what a strong squad we have.

11 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Watched this from Toronto. Knights did well, bit better finish at the line and they'd have had a couple of trys bodes well for the year if that aspect can be sorted. Lovely stadium, I'm very envious but hey NARL is coming to Lamport so cannot complain! Mebbe we'll tempt Deano and gang over when we play New York in 2022!!!

Now that would be good

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Great effort from the team, especially the youngsters. You remove Hardaker and Hastings from Wigan and it would have been a hell of a lot closer. Those two injected that extra class and, in particular, creativity that we haven’t seen much of from the Knights so far this season. Let’s hope it start to appear when James has decided his  on his best 17 and they are all fit and playing at their best. 

What a cracking effort from the lads last night. With the amount of injuries we had to contend with it just goes to show what a squad of players Fordy has put together. Particularly pleasing to see Myles Harrison and AJ Towse, not only make their debuts but also sign new long term contracts at the club, showing that there IS a pathway through to the Knights 1st team for the young talent in and around the York area. What a shame we couldn't have been there to cheer on the lads, i'm sure we'd have made a difference when the going got tough last night.

9 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Thought the team was first class last night, Green and Cuthbertson were immense, special mention to our young dedutants.

Also thought Green had a great game and certainly carried the ball with some force,also would like to mention,porter,Salter and Sam Scott,certainly played a lot better than last week and hope a couple of them keep there places in the team for Sheffield next week

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Maybe next time.

nobody in FEV thought we had a cat in hell's chance of winning the way we'ave been  playing making too many Individual errors in all games  and tonight's  been no different 

14 minutes ago, POR said:

nobody in FEV thought we had a cat in hell's chance of winning the way we'ave been  playing making too many Individual errors in all games  and tonight's  been no different 

Or the rest of the world 😂😂😂

On 09/04/2021 at 18:59, spanishknight said:

We only have 3 subs tonight according to BBC.

Was so in grossed with the game I didn't realize Ronan Dixon never came on as an interchange , even better performance then😀😀😀

I’m really confused by this match, I could swear midway through the first half I saw Ronan throw a wild pass on tackle 2/3 near the Wigan line which Wigan pounced on. I assumed he was substituted soon after or picked up a knock but apparently he never played?

Likewise with AJ Towse, a few on Facebook are saying he played well all game (one even said after Myles Harrison he was man of the match) but then I thought he only came on in approx the 70th minute? He did well in the time he was on the pitch anyway.

Maybe I need to try and watch it again!

Anyway can’t fault the effort, just wish we’d have taken the 2 early on. Plenty to be proud of, also they get a lot of criticism but so far this season the referees in York matches have been fair, sure they’ve missed the odd thing but definitely no siding with either team.

Archived