Thur 1 Apr: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v St Helens KO 20:15 (Sky)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/04/21 at 19:45

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints looked impressive against Salford. Rovers showed a few signs but Catalans were their own worst enemies in letting them back into the game.

Saints to win pretty convincingly imo. By 16 or thereabouts.

Saints have suffered an injury in Percival, along with Paasi who has to miss the match. But Coote is supposedly back. So i would drop Welsby out of the 17, and put Simm in Percival’s place. But im not the coach so I’d imagine he’ll put Welsby at 4 and not Simm. 

4 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Agreed.

A classic SuperLeague blowout coming methinks.

Nah, I think Saints will put up more of a fight than you think.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Coote back in the side by all accounts, so it’s just a question mark over who plays at centre, Welsby or Simm. Welsby, I think has the edge as he played there a lot at the end of last year and did well against experienced pros and has the “Swiss army knife” about him in that he can slot in anywhere in the backline if an injury occurs or there’s any doubts over Coote, whereas Simm is purely a centre. 

I’d like to see Jake Wingfield given a go from the bench as well. He’s just signed a new contract, as has Simm, and he’s quite highly rated. 

Hull KR were impressive last week and were incredibly unlucky to come away with nothing against Catalans and they give Saints a game last year, with a drop goal the difference between us and I’m expecting a tougher game for us than last week against Salford. 

Hope it’s a “sell out” in the virtual sense of the word and Mose Masoe gets a lot of help that he desperately deserves. He’s a great bloke. We bumped into him on the Sunday of Magic Weekend the other year with the rest of the Hull KR squad, going for a stroll, and we stopped him for a picture and a chat. We spoke with him for a good ten minutes and he was so humble and complimentary about Saints and our fans. I don’t think there’s a Saints fan out there that wasn’t devastated by his injury and inspired by his astounding recovery thus far. I hope that when fans are allowed back, that Mose can get back to Saints for the reception he deserves.

Saints by 18 in the end, after a tough 50-60 minutes from Hull KR. 

1 hour ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Just make it quick and painless...

Can't believe you're up for your covid jab yet mate, best of luck.

As a fan of Open Rugby and playing the game the right way I'd love Rovers to succeed against the Bafta Boys.

If St Helens struggle early doors doubtless the Mo Salah & Raheem Sterling type aerobics will begin.

I'd welcome our RL/SL custodians appointing Australian or French referees for St Helens fixtures.

Be good for the game 👍

3 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Possibly but just in case, this Rovers home fixture is being played at St Helens.

A bit like Wakey v Leeds from Headingley last week.

Only in Rugby League.

On 31/03/2021 at 00:12, Josef K said:

Saints have suffered an injury in Percival, along with Paasi who has to miss the match. But Coote is supposedly back. So i would drop Welsby out of the 17, and put Simm in Percival’s place. But im not the coach so I’d imagine he’ll put Welsby at 4 and not Simm. 

Coote not in the side, after all. Elton, I mean Jack Welsby starts at FB.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Similar to Wakey v Leeds except that travelling 8 miles to Headingley on a Saturday afternoon is a little less of a pain than the 250 mile round trip for a Thursday night game that Rovers face. For a home game!

Come on. We all know the situation we're in at the moment. It's going to happen.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Jenna: "What's your favourite Mose Masoe moment?"

Smith: "Hmm"

spacer.png

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Korbin Sims off for a HIA already.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice try from Grace, that.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Will be a long night for Hull KR if he gives Saints a penalty in every set.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived