NRL trip over 2 weekends

11 hours ago, Copa said:

Just enough time to do two weeks quarantine while watching the NRL on TV.

You’ll also have to get one of the rare spots to enter Australia within the extremely small quota currently permitted to enter the country.

So true. I wouldn’t be booking anything for quite a while. Doesn’t look like they’ll be opening the international borders here until early next year at the earliest, plus the vaccine rollout here is painfully slow so who knows when things will get back to normal.

By all means start planning, but don’t book anything as it’s so up in the air at the moment 

Whatever you do, for a trip like this, you want a good base to accomodate yourself.

Get yourself a room or Air BnB in Cronulla. You’ve gotta love coastal, otherwise you might as well be in Bedford.

Eastern Suburbs and Northern Beaches are too busy and overwhelming. Get down to Shark land, find yourself a cute Shire beach lass for a few days (or dude, I see that topic hasn’t been resolved 😂) and hang out with a few locals during the week before your big weekends.

On 30/03/2021 at 22:16, The Alchemist said:

I did the Wigan Roosters World Club Challenge in 2014 on a 6 day turnaround, best trip of my life, so good that I did Wigan vs Hull in Wollongong and then Souths in Sydney on a 10 day turnaround in 2018, both amazing trips and next time planning on doing similar to yourself, NRL trip over two weekends would be great, go for it!

Costs wise was probably 2k for costs then budgeted £100 per day, saw me right from what I can remember, stayed in Darling Harbour Ibis both times, great place to stay.

Not affected by jetlag?

Are are you one of those lucky sods that can sleep through flights?

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not affected by jetlag?

ha ha ... my wife always got annoyed with me... as I always fell asleep during the taxiing before take off...

On 30/03/2021 at 03:40, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Lockdown dreaming maybe but hear me out 

I know someone who went for 3 nights to watch a Lions tour game down under (he's rich). Also my ex had an ex boyfriend who did a Sydney 4 night weekend trip 

Considering Thursday - week on Monday trip - 10 nights 2 weekends in Sydney and surroundings. Taking in a game each of the 8 Thurs- Sundays 

For those that know, If done over say August what would total costs look like (flights, hotels, games, transport, activities, booze, food) ? I'd probably do as much touristy stuff as possible Mon- Weds

I'm basically tapping  anyone up to do me an itinerary and costing 

Feel free to make smart a**se comments too 😁

You should include a game at Newcastle. Better atmosphere with average crowds of 20k (second highest average in Nrl) plus visit the world famous vineyards and beaches.    

14 hours ago, redjonn said:

ha ha ... my wife always got annoyed with me... as I always fell asleep during the taxiing before take off...

I don't know you John, but you are nowhere near the top of my popularity list!

I am one of those who sits there trying to sleep but it doesn't happen, hence suffer jet lag for up to 5 days.

I had a buisness partner like yourself who would be asleep before we took off, he used to aggravate the live out of me, then he would start to snore, sometimes when the plane was not ful I could move seats and get some relief.

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don't know you John, but you are nowhere near the top of my popularity list!

I am one of those who sits there trying to sleep but it doesn't happen, hence suffer jet lag for up to 5 days.

I had a buisness partner like yourself who would be asleep before we took off, he used to aggravate the live out of me, then he would start to snore, sometimes when the plane was not ful I could move seats and get some relief.

What also annoyed my wife was that following take off the steward/ stewardess would sometimes knock me awake when they did the first round of the trolley and I'd comment something like... "oh I see we're taken off, I must have fell asleep..." but then after a few minutes I'd fall asleep again... most annoying for the wife.

I think it was because I did so many miles on planes it was like being a kid in the back seat of a car being rocked to sleep.... chuckle

On 01/04/2021 at 20:14, Harry Stottle said:

Not affected by jetlag?

Didn't sleep a wink on any of the flights, supped plenty though, coming back second time was 27 hours! Adrenaline gets you through, slept for 2 days when I got home😁

Even though our utter, unquestioned dominance in the sport has ended, all Wiganers believe that we are really just indulgently letting the other teams win for a while in order to make it more interesting.

Stuart Maconie, Cider with Roadies

"cause people often talk about being scared of change but for me I'm more afraid of things staying the same cause the game is never won by standing in any one place for too long"

Nick Cave

Archived