England New Sponsorship

7 hours ago, Clogiron said:

it's instantly recognizable and a 'cool' brand to be associated with and how many other sponsor's that RL in this country has had could you say about?

Plenty. Nationwide Concrete Flooring, The Drain Company, Bond It. 

I drink these all the time. The best part is having one on the way to work, the cans make people think you're some sort of reprobate drinking a beer in the AM, but they're only half right.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Here's me thinking Ronseal and Batchelors Mushy Peas was as cool as it gets.

Here’s how sad I am. I prefer Harry Ramsdens mushy peas to Batchelors, but I still buy batchelors because they sponsor rugby league. HR’s don’t make your p155 look like it’s leaking from a nuclear reactor either. 

9 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

No, Dacia is the primary, front of jersey England sponsor, and Ronseal is the back of jersey sponsor.  Both those sponsorships, when announced included the 2021 RLWC (although so did Hummel), so I'd expect them to retain those two spots.

Betfred did have the lower back spot in the 2018 RLWC for England, but was not on the 2019 England or Great Britain kits.  Monster may take that spot, or the available spots on the sleeves or shorts.

Anyway, a big sponsor for the game to get, great work by the RFL.

Thanks.      I've been promoted to look further and BetFred announced a sponsor deal in Dec 2020.  I thought it was just "the" sponsorship, but as you elude, its for lower back.  This leaves this drinks one to wonder about.   

I wish I could get some sponsorship for lower back.  It aches something chronic.

On 01/04/2021 at 07:29, Eddie said:

Here’s how sad I am. I prefer Harry Ramsdens mushy peas to Batchelors, but I still buy batchelors because they sponsor rugby league.

Eddie, I refuse to open any on-line stories on the afl in the two newspapers I subscribe to on-line, just so it doesn`t register as another `read` if they compile figures of how many people are opening and reading the different stories on the various sports.

I want my papers to be full of League stories only,  well o.k. they can have articles on afl and union, but only if it`s bad news.

On 31/03/2021 at 21:29, Eddie said:

Here’s how sad I am. I prefer Harry Ramsdens mushy peas to Batchelors, but I still buy batchelors because they sponsor rugby league. HR’s don’t make your p155 look like it’s leaking from a nuclear reactor either. 

That’s kinda understandable as you are supporting a company that supports RL. A form of loyalty if anything.

The worst is Everton fans who flat out refuse to buy anything with red in it (unless it cannot be avoided).

On 31/03/2021 at 11:19, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah that was my first thought too, however the statement reads 'the partnership will see Monster Energy Hydrosport branding featured on the rugby shirts of all England players across the three teams....'

The word 'featured' suggests it isn't the main sponsor in my mind, but certainly a better deal than Papa John's to be actually making it onto the shirt.

Gillette was the best one we've had

7 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Eddie, I refuse to open any on-line stories on the afl in the two newspapers I subscribe to on-line, just so it doesn`t register as another `read` if they compile figures of how many people are opening and reading the different stories on the various sports.

I want my papers to be full of League stories only,  well o.k. they can have articles on afl and union, but only if it`s bad news.

Sydney Morning Herald? 

On 31/03/2021 at 11:44, Man of Kent said:

I see the value of contra deals, of course I do. But are sugary drinks with a tonne of caffeine really necessary for international players? Would they drink them otherwise?

The drink is sugar free.

Pro sportsmen do use them - do I want tired England players getting a legal energy boost 10mins out from winning the WC final that gives them the extra 1% they need for victory? Yes, definitely.

Cool and trendy product, this is excellent brand association.

55 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

The drink is sugar free.

Pro sportsmen do use them - do I want tired England players getting a legal energy boost 10mins out from winning the WC final that gives them the extra 1% they need for victory? Yes, definitely.

I’m sure it’s a trendy brand though I’m not convinced top class rugby league players drink such stuff - or need to drink such stuff - during games.

So, if the RFL isn’t getting any money for this, I’m not sold on it being a great deal. For the time being, at least. Let’s see what the advertising campaign is like.

57 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m sure it’s a trendy brand though I’m not convinced top class rugby league players drink such stuff - or need to drink such stuff - during games.

So, if the RFL isn’t getting any money for this, I’m not sold on it being a great deal. For the time being, at least. Let’s see what the advertising campaign is like.

Its their isotonic drink, like Lucozade sport or Gatorade, which they definitely do drink.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Sky showed Tommy Makinson yesterday watching the Wigan game drinking a can of Red Bull before his Saints game.

I haven’t read back through all the pages of this, but are you saying the RFL isn’t getting any money for someone having their company name on our shirt in the World Cup? 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I haven’t read back through all the pages of this, but are you saying the RFL isn’t getting any money for someone having their company name on our shirt in the World Cup? 

Well, as I said at the start of this thread, I am wary of the word ‘partnership’. It often means contra deal these days. As opposed to ‘sponsorship’. 

37 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Well, as I said at the start of this thread, I am wary of the word ‘partnership’. It often means contra deal these days. As opposed to ‘sponsorship’. 

It doesn’t, it’s a much better way of talking about sponsorship. It shows the intent to work together and be mutually beneficial.

This is a great deal and should be seen as such, Monster can probably do more for RL than the other way round - they have huge reach and scale, look what they do with other sports/athletes!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

The simple fact it's trendy is exactly why it is a great deal, under 30s drink this stuff and they are the people we need to be attracting to watch and support the game.

On 31/03/2021 at 16:22, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Certainly a big name, more associated with extreme sports I suppose but not complaining, any big names we can get on board are definitely a positive! 

They also work with/sponsor Rob Gronkowski - very popular NFL player with Tampa Bay. He fronts the Hydro Sport product that I assume England will be sporting the name of. 

20 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

The drink is sugar free.

I was 50-50 but yeah you've convinced me. Definitely a young orientated product and that's no bad thing. I think they do the Moto GP which is a cool sport too

Archived