Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn’t agree more, indeed some of the overreactions, on this thread in particular, have been f*cking ridiculous, though I guess that is in keeping with the Govt’s own overreaction to the situation a

No it hasn't. Professional sport is being allowed to take place by the Government through agreement and acceptance of certain rules and protocols by sports' governing bodies and their members ie the c

I couldn’t give two hoots about other clubs fans tbh but I do think this has let our own fans down and is hugely disappointing.The same fans who didn’t ask for a refund on their season tickets last ye

This really is absolutely disgraceful. The season is unraveling before it’s started, how can board members think this is acceptable. Points deduction could be coming if found guilty i would imagine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To quote Homer...

D'OH

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the pictures and it does not look good.Who allowed the bar to be opened for alcoholic drinks?number one to blame.Then James Webster as Club Coach should have explained to his squad what is acceptable and what is not.Locky as Club Captain should also bear some responsibility for the debacle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disgusting, no one in this country is allowed to meet indoors, apart from politicians of course, so why do Featherstone Rovers think it’s acceptable, they’re breaking COVID rules, no excuse, end of! I gave up my season ticket funds for this club, we buy merchandise, we spend on game day, we invest in the club, it’s a kick in the teeth, we have a great chance to prove ourselves and we can’t get out of the bar! Whoever was there and whatever fine we get should be shared out amongst them! Totally embarrassed, everyone will be jumping on bandwagon and I don’t blame them, no one can defend or condone this in my opinion! It’s pointless trying to promote the club, trying to drum up interest for getting folk through the gates when we allow this to happen, good old Featherstone Rovers, f@*# it up before season starts AGAIN!! What is wrong with them 🤬🤬🤬!!

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its definitely WRONG what theyve done and i agree should be punished but other clubs fans are loving it and going overboard about it, lets wait and see what happens and then we (well they) will have to accept their punishment. Can't believe they are daft enough to do this. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn’t give two hoots about other clubs fans tbh but I do think this has let our own fans down and is hugely disappointing.The same fans who didn’t ask for a refund on their season tickets last year (this didn’t include myself by the way as I’d not purchased one for varying reasons but did so on Monday for the forthcoming season) because they wanted to see the club through these troubled times due to Covid, the fans who travel in numbers to games far and wide with their hard earned money only to be disrespected with this !! The volunteers that have give up their time to help out over the years only to be rewarded with this act of idiocy 

someone needs to have a look in the mirror and ask themselves a question or two

  • Like 9

Forza Fev

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark H said:

 

You may not care about fans of other clubs, but think about this, the RFL I believe has just been given another 16 million pounds by the Government, following on from the previous handout of 16 million. The Government has no money of its own,only what it reaps in taxes etc from people and businesses.How do you think the 55+ million people in the country who couldn't care less about Rugby League might see the this?

Prime facie there have been multiple breaches of both the law, and the RFL protocols.

Anyone who was there should report to their locàl police station to face the consequences, the organizers should do the same to receive a 10,000 pound fine.a

As for RFL sanctions Featherstone's win should be expunged, any director of the club who had anything to do with this actively, or passively, should be immediately be deemed  as not a fit or proper person, and serious consideration given to how long Featherstone should be banned from participating in the Cup.

All this may sound draconian but this is not a parochial Rugby League issue, the whole country suffering under covid for over a year, tens of thousands have died, and with apologies to the sensible people of Feb this bunch of "village idiots" do this,and photograph it, says it all really.

 

 

 

'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Its definitely WRONG what theyve done and i agree should be punished but other clubs fans are loving it and going overboard about it, lets wait and see what happens and then we (well they) will have to accept their punishment. Can't believe they are daft enough to do this. 

 

 

9 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

You may not care about fans of other clubs, but think about this, the RFL I believe has just been given another 16 million pounds by the Government, following on from the previous handout of 16 million. The Government has no money of its own,only what it reaps in taxes etc from people and businesses.How do you think the 55+ million people in the country who couldn't care less about Rugby League might see the this?

Prime facie there have been multiple breaches of both the law, and the RFL protocols.

Anyone who was there should report to their locàl police station to face the consequences, the organizers should do the same to receive a 10,000 pound fine.a

As for RFL sanctions Featherstone's win should be expunged, any director of the club who had anything to do with this actively, or passively, should be immediately be deemed  as not a fit or proper person, and serious consideration given to how long Featherstone should be banned from participating in the Cup.

All this may sound draconian but this is not a parochial Rugby League issue, the whole country suffering under covid for over a year, tens of thousands have died, and with apologies to the sensible people of Feb this bunch of "village idiots" do this,and photograph it, says it all really.

 

 

 

'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe I should have word my opening gambit a little better and added the quote from Madrednige , I do care about other teams fans from a point of view that we are all part of the RL family and what we’ve all had to sacrifice over the last 12 months what doesn’t bother me is what they are putting on social media sites and going overboard about it.

What I do agree with you about is whatever punishment comes the clubs way from governing bodies they are going to have to suck it up and deal with it my fear is this could set us back 2 or 3 seasons which is a big hit for the fans of Fev Rovers

  • Like 1

Forza Fev

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree entirely with your assessment of the damage to Super League aspirations which to me is a shame as I have never supported a super League club ,nor a fashionable club. The thought that a club like Feb could make it would give me great pleasure.However I do think it is the wider view,rather than that of supporters of our game, that may ultimately give rise to the more serious consequences.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Disgusting, no one in this country is allowed to meet indoors, apart from politicians of course, so why do Featherstone Rovers think it’s acceptable, they’re breaking COVID rules, no excuse, end of! I gave up my season ticket funds for this club, we buy merchandise, we spend on game day, we invest in the club, it’s a kick in the teeth, we have a great chance to prove ourselves and we can’t get out of the bar! Whoever was there and whatever fine we get should be shared out amongst them! Totally embarrassed, everyone will be jumping on bandwagon and I don’t blame them, no one can defend or condone this in my opinion! It’s pointless trying to promote the club, trying to drum up interest for getting folk through the gates when we allow this to happen, good old Featherstone Rovers, f@*# it up before season starts AGAIN!! What is wrong with them 🤬🤬🤬!!

Appart from when I go to work. Everyday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Aren't the players tested frequently and couldn't this be a team meeting?. Ok, they probably shouldn't be drinking, but not sure it's really that bad in my opinion.

ITS ILLEGAL  SIMPLES.

They are breaking covid lockdown rules. When Domonic Cummins went to Barnard Castle , then for a 30 minute drive to test his eyesight he broke Covid lockdown rules. So surely all the people saying he should resign ( me included ) have a right to say this should also happen to those involved in this despicable act of disregard for peoples health and safety.  What would happen if two thirds of the squad went down with Covid and couldn't field a team? The beers they are drinking is probably money put behind the bar from supporters who didn't ask for a refund from last seasons tickets. SHOCKING!!!!!!

Edited by Dog forever
Spelling correction
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we can go for a fine. Then take it out of the salaries of the contributors or money owed to them by the club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Yes and what happened to Dominic.... Nothing.  Depends who does what in this country. 

I think that using Cummings as an example of anything is doomed to failure.

What are your thoughts on the whole situation then?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...