Uh oh

Looks like the fallout begins. Brett Ferres suspended for 10 games for breaking covid rules and this looks like the first of many.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, haskey said:

Looks like the fallout begins. Brett Ferres suspended for 10 games for breaking covid rules and this looks like the first of many.

10 days, not 10 games. 

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers-forward-brett-ferres-banned-from-rugby-league-activity-for-10-days-for-covid-19-breach-3185757

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

5 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Aren't the players tested frequently and couldn't this be a team meeting?. Ok, they probably shouldn't be drinking, but not sure it's really that bad in my opinion.

Tell that to the thousands of NHS staff (and all the other professions) that are being tested for COVID-19 every week, but still have to abide by the rules. Due to which have not been able to spend time children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, etc. Which I suspect is more important to most people than have a few beers with your mates after a rugby game. 
For me the people in attendance should hold their hands up and accept the consequences of their actions, if that means bans/fine for players/club officials  so be it.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

4 minutes ago, haskey said:

Sorry Gazza glasses must have steamed up.

Easy done. 😉

I'd be surprised if that's it done with however. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

5 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Tell that to the thousands of NHS staff (and all the other professions) that are being tested for COVID-19 every week, but still have to abide by the rules. Due to which have not been able to spend time children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, etc. Which I suspect is more important to most people than have a few beers with your mates after a rugby game. 
For me the people in attendance should hold their hands up and accept the consequences of their actions, if that means bans/fine for players/club officials  so be it.

Well said,absolutely this

now I’m not condoning anything of what went on it was wrong on every level and made my feelings clear but you have to also question the mentality of the person who took the photo and it must have been shared for it to get into the public domain 

Forza Fev

47 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Well said,absolutely this

now I’m not condoning anything of what went on it was wrong on every level and made my feelings clear but you have to also question the mentality of the person who took the photo and it must have been shared for it to get into the public domain 

Maybe someone thought enough is enough and this total stupidity should be stopped.And have you considered that this could have happened after every game.Just no cameras present.

7 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Maybe someone thought enough is enough and this total stupidity should be stopped.And have you considered that this could have happened after every game.Just no cameras present.

When you say every game not just at our club then ?

Forza Fev

8 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Do you have evidence that this has happened at any other club.

Absolutely not...but you can’t answer a question with a question as it was you who brought up every game scenario and I’m afraid with phones these days cameras are everywhere

Forza Fev

Yes what they've done is stupid for all the above reasons plus they are putting themselves at risk and thus our chances this season (haven't we already had a couple isolating). However there seems to be a lot of double standards going off with sport (and everywhere else really) We've seen players celebrating with supporters at Liverpool, Leeds, Rangers etc but apart from a few raised eyebrows nothing has happened but comments on here so far suggest that we'll be fined, thrown out of the cup, SL aspirations gone and the club set back 2-3 years......

...well this is Fev

21 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Absolutely not...but you can’t answer a question with a question as it was you who brought up every game scenario and I’m afraid with phones these days cameras are everywhere

I,ll amend my statement to "the three previous games".

19 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Yes what they've done is stupid for all the above reasons plus they are putting themselves at risk and thus our chances this season (haven't we already had a couple isolating). However there seems to be a lot of double standards going off with sport (and everywhere else really) We've seen players celebrating with supporters at Liverpool, Leeds, Rangers etc but apart from a few raised eyebrows nothing has happened but comments on here so far suggest that we'll be fined, thrown out of the cup, SL aspirations gone and the club set back 2-3 years......

...well this is Fev

Please don't start with the "Fev are victims" scenario.There is really nobody else to blame here.

I'd be sure that most teams have a post match debrief. The problem we have, is that apparently none playing staff attending and the beers didn't help. It's a mistake and shouldn't have happened, but worse things happen. Time to accept the punishment and move on from it.

1 hour ago, Fev1983 said:

The whole thing is being exaggerated, let’s get on and play Friday.  Almost everybody in the country has breached the rules, shaking hands to hugging ur grandchildren

No it hasn't. Professional sport is being allowed to take place by the Government through agreement and acceptance of certain rules and protocols by sports' governing bodies and their members ie the clubs. That one club chooses to ignore those with (from looking at the photos) approval from the top is a very serious breach not only of the rules but of trust. Actions such as that put the permitted continuation of the sport during the pandemic at risk. 

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No it hasn't. Professional sport is being allowed to take place by the Government through agreement and acceptance of certain rules and protocols by sports' governing bodies and their members ie the clubs. That one club chooses to ignore those with (from looking at the photos) approval from the top is a very serious breach not only of the rules but of trust. Actions such as that put the permitted continuation of the sport during the pandemic at risk. 

Exactly.... just because this effects the club we support we then can’t start to defend the indefensible 

Forza Fev

Near me Rotherham United had 21 players and club staff having to isolate due to an outbreak at the club.The manager went down with it and had to remain at home.No games forfeited or points deduction.Fixtures postponed so they now have to fit them into a short period.

10 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Do you have evidence that this has happened at any other club.

I'm sure it has. The rules all along are being applied when it suits.  How many people have you seen car sharing.  Is a trip to McDonald's essential.  I bet countless people on here have been making non essential journeys daily!  

They've been stupid and need realigning but it hardly looks like a party does it.  They need fining and the RFL should carry out random audits on clubs. 

By yje way how did Batley get to the game, coach by any chance? Did they all share a dressing room?  Share showers?  Train together? 

What's the difference between sitting next to a player in the dressing room or the club house.  Whose to say the bar was serving drinks! Probably brought in by someone.   They ate expected to carry out the above and play a full contact sports against other teams and then not sit in the same club house? Come on get real it will be happening at all clubs. 

2 minutes ago, lingaro said:

I'm sure it has. The rules all along are being applied when it suits.  How many people have you seen car sharing.  Is a trip to McDonald's essential.  I bet countless people on here have been making non essential journeys daily!  

They've been stupid and need realigning but it hardly looks like a party does it.  They need fining and the RFL should carry out random audits on clubs. 

By yje way how did Batley get to the game, coach by any chance? Did they all share a dressing room?  Share showers?  Train together? 

What's the difference between sitting next to a player in the dressing room or the club house.  Whose to say the bar was serving drinks! Probably brought in by someone.   They ate expected to carry out the above and play a full contact sports against other teams and then not sit in the same club house? Come on get real it will be happening at all clubs. 

It's like I've said, part of the match day routine might be having some food after the match. The error made is allowing none playing/coaching staff to mix with the players. 

Archived