Uh oh

16 minutes ago, lingaro said:

I'm sure it has. The rules all along are being applied when it suits.  How many people have you seen car sharing.  Is a trip to McDonald's essential.  I bet countless people on here have been making non essential journeys daily!  

They've been stupid and need realigning but it hardly looks like a party does it.  They need fining and the RFL should carry out random audits on clubs. 

By yje way how did Batley get to the game, coach by any chance? Did they all share a dressing room?  Share showers?  Train together? 

What's the difference between sitting next to a player in the dressing room or the club house.  Whose to say the bar was serving drinks! Probably brought in by someone.   They ate expected to carry out the above and play a full contact sports against other teams and then not sit in the same club house? Come on get real it will be happening at all clubs. 

Professional RL is only being allowed to be played currently because the RFL (and clubs) have agreed to follow certain rules/procedures which cover such as training, getting to games and use of dressing rooms. The Club have pretty clearly broken those rules and I'm struggling to imagine what their defence might be or understand how anyone can try and defend it. Whether Covid rules are being broken outside of the game by the public is completely irrelevant. There has been a serious breech of the protocols and very likely will be serious comeback as a result for both the individuals involved and the Club itself. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Professional RL is only being allowed to be played currently because the RFL (and clubs) have agreed to follow certain rules/procedures which cover such as training, getting to games and use of dressing rooms. The Club have pretty clearly broken those rules and I'm struggling to imagine what their defence might be or understand how anyone can try and defend it. Whether Covid rules are being broken outside of the game by the public is completely irrelevant. There has been a serious breech of the protocols and very likely will be serious comeback as a result for both the individuals involved and the Club itself. 

Totally agree with this.

I've read a few posts where people seem to think this is just a storm in a teacup and no real harm has been done.

Unfortunately it is far more serious.

5 hours ago, Fev1983 said:

The whole thing is being exaggerated, let’s get on and play Friday.  Almost everybody in the country has breached the rules, shaking hands to hugging ur grandchildren

No they haven't,  and I certainly haven't.  It is because of these idiots and your total disregard of the covid rules which have by the way killed 126,000 people , and also I have only worked 4months out of the last 13 months. EXAGGERATED I think not !!!!!

1 hour ago, lingaro said:

I'm sure it has. The rules all along are being applied when it suits.  How many people have you seen car sharing.  Is a trip to McDonald's essential.  I bet countless people on here have been making non essential journeys daily!  

They've been stupid and need realigning but it hardly looks like a party does it.  They need fining and the RFL should carry out random audits on clubs. 

By yje way how did Batley get to the game, coach by any chance? Did they all share a dressing room?  Share showers?  Train together? 

What's the difference between sitting next to a player in the dressing room or the club house.  Whose to say the bar was serving drinks! Probably brought in by someone.   They ate expected to carry out the above and play a full contact sports against other teams and then not sit in the same club house? Come on get real it will be happening at all clubs. 

The difference is one is within guidance, the other isn't.  Just be saying you are sure that guidance (and law) has been broken by others doesn't make it true.

To all who think this isn’t serious 

I have a nephew who’s a doctor and has been working on the frontline for 12 months He like many enjoys a drink in a bar as much as anyone.But do you know he hasn’t been able to do that !! Many days he’s certified 6/7 deaths/day from covid Mentally and physically shattered and not seen his parents his sister or even his aunt who’s going through chemotherapy.Go stand in front of him and try to tell him it’s ok !!  I’m afraid it’s totally against the rules I’d throw the book at them .We as supporters want to get back into the stadiums to watch as soon as possible and then this happens!!!!

The more I think about it as a supporter, the more I'm disgusted. Everyone has made sacrifices, many have lost friends, family, loved ones. The exposure they received may not be that more than usual by sitting in a room, but the fact is, guidance was set out and they haven't followed it. The club has had very little income (I imagine) over the last year and has asked supporters to help out in terms of squad builder or refusing refunds for season tickets. Now it looks like that money will be spent paying fines which will have who knows what of a knock on effect.

Really poor, selfish and reckless from the club this I'm afraid.

dont know what went wrong quote all over place,stupid,stupid let the club and all its supporters down even before we get in to watch,rules are rules lets respect them dont need another lockdown.

17 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

So is Ferres suspended and if so are other to get suspensions? The messages on the are very hard to follow. WHAT is the true news and the latest?

Yes Brett Ferres has received a 10 day suspension from training and playing as he’s in the photo evidence published....as to what other evidence there is if any that has been passed to the rfl investigation or other authorities no one is saying as yet

Hope this helps 

Forza Fev

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

It'll be reight.

Depends what you define as 'reight'. Besides the inevitable suspensions, fines etc (I think the Club is still on probation following the racist chanting incidents) the whole image of the Club will be tarnished with the potential (financial) ramifications for current and future sponsorship. Companies are increasingly avoiding being associated with anything controversial. This isn't simply some giddy sportsmen sneaking off together for a drink after a game it's been organised by the Club itself. 

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Depends what you define as 'reight'. Besides the inevitable suspensions, fines etc (I think the Club is still on probation following the racist chanting incidents) the whole image of the Club will be tarnished with the potential (financial) ramifications for current and future sponsorship. Companies are increasingly avoiding being associated with anything controversial. This isn't simply some giddy sportsmen sneaking off together for a drink after a game it's been organised by the Club itself. 

I genuinely think it'll be chip paper wrappings next week les....

12 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I genuinely think it'll be chip paper wrappings next week les....

As much as I respect your views, I am not sure this will be the case. Though saying that... I couldn't begin to think what the sanctions will be.

I also wonder about reputational damage to your club - it is very bad timing.

If a fine is involved then I suggest that method of payment should be as follows. Approach the Rovers bank for a loan of the total amount. The loan be stretched over 12 months. The payment should be divided between the people responsible for the fine. The bank should be offered a personal,  joint and a several guarantees from all of them as security to ensure payment. Therefore if for some reason some of them doesn't pay the others are responsible. If they have any assets these should be used as a support of the guarantees. A charge to the bank would be made on these assets. This would keep the club out of debt, ensure that normal procedures keep going and an eventual clearance of the punishment.

25 minutes ago, distantdog said:

As much as I respect your views, I am not sure this will be the case. Though saying that... I couldn't begin to think what the sanctions will be.

I also wonder about reputational damage to your club - it is very bad timing.

This is one of those times I'll happily await the outcome. I cant second guess. But I do feel once all the hand wringing has stopped, it will become last months news....

The club is being judged on known evidence. I'm happy to see how the governing body reacts before making further comment.

I think it'll be reight. We'll see.

9 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

This is one of those times I'll happily await the outcome. I cant second guess. But I do feel once all the hand wringing has stopped, it will become last months news....

The club is being judged on known evidence. I'm happy to see how the governing body reacts before making further comment.

Yep, I think that's fair enough. I am interested to know what right is though? No further sanctions other than Ferres, fines?

19 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It's all gone quiet today from the club and RFL, so hopefully you are right.

Even though Dewsbury usually get beaten by Fev, it's one of my favourite fixtures of the season home and away. Have to say just lost for words at this. Hard to understand how any of them thought this was a good idea. As to the punishment, it hasn't got a precedent but hard to see anything but a big fine and/or points deduction. Fev have been one of the best Championship teams for a number of seasons and I thought this could be their year. This might have scuppered it. 

5 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Even though Dewsbury usually get beaten by Fev, it's one of my favourite fixtures of the season home and away. Have to say just lost for words at this. Hard to understand how any of them thought this was a good idea. As to the punishment, it hasn't got a precedent but hard to see anything but a big fine and/or points deduction. Fev have been one of the best Championship teams for a number of seasons and I thought this could be their year. This might have scuppered it. 

Only if the punishment is determined by our heavy woollen friends clearly

Archived