Uh oh

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Personally I think the general reaction to this has been way OTT.

Couldn’t agree more, indeed some of the overreactions, on this thread in particular, have been f*cking ridiculous, though I guess that is in keeping with the Govt’s own overreaction to the situation at hand. It increasingly appears that when the powers that be removed most of our freedoms last year, in the forlorn hope this would make the blindest bit of difference to the virus, they also took many people’s perspective, rationality, and general common sense with them.

We still don’t know what the actual context was for the photo(s) taken, and whether this was in effect the warm down/debrief session but with some club officials in attendance or something less formal? However, even if it was the case that a handful of players and club personnel decided to get together for a few relaxed (self-provided) bevvies after the game, who the hell can blame them given what we’ve all had to put up with over the past 12 months, and particularly given that things (which should never have been closed down in the first place, in view of the actual risk levels) are now starting to ‘open up’ again.

The worst that looks to have happened here is that a smallish group of people, who judging by the blurry pictures were mostly of an age/level of health where the risk level is vanishingly small, and who had already spent the day more or less mixing together at the club, have ended the day in the same way in a communal area, potentially as part of the team communication approach. I sincerely hope that if the RFL are even bothered to look any further at this nonsense, they do so with suitably cool, rational heads, and correctly determine it’s the proverbial mountain out of a molehill.

The Fev fans piling on the club want to have at long look at themselves. As for the non-Fev fans desperately trying to hurt the club with their own hysterics…while it’s very flattering that you’re so envious and fearful of the club we’ve built that you’d try to damage us this way to try and give yourselves some kind of advantage, you can go forth and multiply.

23 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Like I've said on a Facebook page. Do players get shuttled six at a time on various team buses to away games? Do they go in an open topped bus? Or do they go together on an enclosed bus? Is it just the beer that's objectionable?

It's the beer, and board members etc mixing with players I'd guess.

11 hours ago, Adam B said:

As for the non-Fev fans desperately trying to hurt the club with their own hysterics…while it’s very flattering that you’re so envious and fearful of the club we’ve built that you’d try to damage us this way to try and give yourselves some kind of advantage, you can go forth and multiply.

And there's been plenty of Hand wringing going off.

Not everyone has an agenda, but plenty do.

Objective criticism I can cope with. Using this as a stick to beat the club with.... well I agree entirely with your advice...k'off.

They were wrong and the actions can't be condoned but let's put this all in context. 

Players such as Brett Ferris are already engaging in authorised non social distancing activity. They will be training, changing, meeting etc in groups, and all for our benefit ultimately.

Referencing previous posts we are all likely to know NHS staff and those who have been seriously ill or died from this illness but all of them with a sporting bias will have had their lives enriched by the fact that some of these same people have given them some rugby to talk about or watch. I'm thankful to the players that I have some Fev rugby now look forward to and if there are a few bumps in the road getting there than that's life. Nothing and no one is perfect. 

Let's be thankful for what we have and move on.

15 hours ago, Drifter said:

The only person who has come out of this mess with any credit so far is Steve Gill for resigning. The club website put a warning out to fans before the game last week with threats of action if they tried to watch the game live then do something stupid and break the law, smacks of double standards to me. That said, every day you see breaches of COVID protocols on the news so they’re not the first and won’t be the last but it doesn’t make it right though so the club should take whatever punishment is dished out and move on. They need to cooperate with the RFL, make an appropriate statement at the right time then put it behind them and produce the goods on the field to make it up to the fans and start to rebuild trust with the community 

Best I've read yet all true.

3 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Like I've said on a Facebook page. Do players get shuttled six at a time on various team buses to away games? Do they go in an open topped bus? Or do they go together on an enclosed bus? Is it just the beer that's objectionable?

I don't know the facts of the case any more than you do but I am astonished by the way that some fans are rushing to defend something that they don't understand. There were strict protocols laid down within the game which have allowed these games to be played. The sport has received significant financial support from the government which has allowed clubs to survive and these games to be played. Breaking any of these agreed protocols, which is certainly what the limited evidence seems to suggest, is simply unacceptable both for the Featherstone club but also for the image and perception of the game as a whole. Personally this is my greatest concern.

I know that this might provide further encouragement to those who cling on to Covid denial syndrome but common sense continues to suggest that this is a serious matter which will have further ramifications. Claiming that these might simply be due to other clubs and supporters wishing ill on the Featherstone club are simply wrong in so many respects.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, Adam B said:

The Fev fans piling on the club want to have at long look at themselves. 

Lol what have we done wrong?! I am embarrassed and ashamed of the pure disrespect of these individuals, they have no regard for the restrictions that are in place, I don’t agree with everything this government has done, but rules are rules.  I’ve lost family and close friends as a result of COVID and because of said restrictions and rules were not able to be with them and say my final goodbyes!  I work for the NHS and have worked all the way through the pandemic, I’ve given up my season ticket money to help this club through the difficult times, to try and ensure they keep afloat, I pay subscriptions to Fev tv and have done throughout, I buy from the club shop, I spend at the ground on match day, I never ask for anything in return, I just want to watch my club play rugby, this could jeopardise that,  I think I have the right to be f@#*ed off!! 

6 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I don't know the facts of the case any more than you do but I am astonished by the way that some fans are rushing to defend something that they don't understand. There were strict protocols laid down within the game which have allowed these games to be played. The sport has received significant financial support from the government which has allowed clubs to survive and these games to be played. Breaking any of these agreed protocols, which is certainly what the limited evidence seems to suggest, is simply unacceptable both for the Featherstone club but also for the image and perception of the game as a whole. Personally this is my greatest concern.

I know that this might provide further encouragement to those who cling on to Covid denial syndrome but common sense continues to suggest that this is a serious matter which will have further ramifications. Claiming that these might simply be due to other clubs and supporters wishing ill on the Featherstone club are simply wrong in so many respects.

I'm not defending the club. I'm questioning guidelines that are contradictory. However other teams fans setting up their own kangaroo courts will not solve the problem. Think we should leave it to the RFL/ Government to investigate and then have your two penneth following the outcome and that goes for our own fans too. 

2 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I'm not defending the club. I'm questioning guidelines that are contradictory. However other teams fans setting up their own kangaroo courts will not solve the problem. Think we should leave it to the RFL/ Government to investigate and then have your two penneth following the outcome and that goes for our own fans too. 

Absobloodylutely 

12 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Well of course, in the real world this is undeniably right... but in the weird world of RL and social media, there is nothing more satisfying than being Judge, jury and executioner. Nothing that is said on here will have any bearing on whatever outcomes, if any, there are!

10 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Well of course, in the real world this is undeniably right... but in the weird world of RL and social media, there is nothing more satisfying than being Judge, jury and executioner. Nothing that is said on here will have any bearing on whatever outcomes, if any, there are!

Go n grind some rocks!!🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Why haven't the club released a statement yet?.

For club to release a statement you need someone backstage to work for club - as seen over last few days with all departures its clear to see no one works at club anymore 😂

13 hours ago, Adam B said:

Couldn’t agree more, indeed some of the overreactions, on this thread in particular, have been f*cking ridiculous, though I guess that is in keeping with the Govt’s own overreaction to the situation at hand. It increasingly appears that when the powers that be removed most of our freedoms last year, in the forlorn hope this would make the blindest bit of difference to the virus, they also took many people’s perspective, rationality, and general common sense with them.

We still don’t know what the actual context was for the photo(s) taken, and whether this was in effect the warm down/debrief session but with some club officials in attendance or something less formal? However, even if it was the case that a handful of players and club personnel decided to get together for a few relaxed (self-provided) bevvies after the game, who the hell can blame them given what we’ve all had to put up with over the past 12 months, and particularly given that things (which should never have been closed down in the first place, in view of the actual risk levels) are now starting to ‘open up’ again.

The worst that looks to have happened here is that a smallish group of people, who judging by the blurry pictures were mostly of an age/level of health where the risk level is vanishingly small, and who had already spent the day more or less mixing together at the club, have ended the day in the same way in a communal area, potentially as part of the team communication approach. I sincerely hope that if the RFL are even bothered to look any further at this nonsense, they do so with suitably cool, rational heads, and correctly determine it’s the proverbial mountain out of a molehill.

The Fev fans piling on the club want to have at long look at themselves. As for the non-Fev fans desperately trying to hurt the club with their own hysterics…while it’s very flattering that you’re so envious and fearful of the club we’ve built that you’d try to damage us this way to try and give yourselves some kind of advantage, you can go forth and multiply.

What a load of tosh.  Take it your a fev fan. Just when we were beginning to think the idiots that followed a great RL club like fev had been sieved out, what an IDIOT. 

31 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

For club to release a statement you need someone backstage to work for club - as seen over last few days with all departures its clear to see no one works at club anymore 😂

Good point plus if Vickers is involved as rumoured probably won't hear anything from the club, its about as good as the communication from the Bulls.

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

All this could actually save us some. Money 💷 

Archived