Featherstone investigation

also if/when the BBC run with this the top 2 stories on the RL page could well be f*ckwits Featherstone and gonnad grabbing George!! brilliant.. just what we need after a positive couple of weeks.. straight back down to the ground with a dirty great thump.... 

good work all involved!!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

People were too busy partying to spot the little bloke in the corner with a camera and a Toulouse jersey or the getaway car outside with the French number plate. 

In fairness he also bought the first round lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Disappointing and idiotic. Expect a hefty fine and probably lose a couple of points. Batley deserved to win at the weekend so they can have the gift of 2 points instead!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

They mistook the word lockdown for lock-in? 

you fool... you do realise that they will be looking at these message boards and that will now be their full legal defence! 

4 minutes ago, RP London said:

you fool... you do realise that they will be looking at these message boards and that will now be their full legal defence! 

I'm sure that defence has been used a lot throughout history but I don't think it is ever very successful otherwise Mr. Flanagan could have just said something along the lines of, "my coach told me to grab the ball whenever I could, I just mistook one kind of ball for another". 

20 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The photos make it seem like it was practically an open bar. Shockingly indiscrete let alone illegal. How on earth did they think they would get away with this in 2021?

I’m not defending anyone and I don’t support a Championship side but I think we need more context to this. 

Why were they in the bar area? Is it used as an overspill for the changing rooms or the current home dressing room due to the size of Fev’s normal home changing room and the social distancing needed or was it just a load of lads congregating post match? It sounds as though it’s the latter but until we know, I don’t think we can castigate them but the silence from Fev would appear that they’re guilty. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not defending anyone and I don’t support a Championship side but I think we need more context to this. 

Why were they in the bar area? Is it used as an overspill for the changing rooms or the current home dressing room due to the size of Fev’s normal home changing room and the social distancing needed or was it just a load of lads congregating post match? It sounds as though it’s the latter but until we know, I don’t think we can castigate them but the silence from Fev would appear that they’re guilty. 

The pictures are people in the bar sat at tables drinking beer and watching rugby on the TV.  Certainly doesn't look like overspill from a changing room

14 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'm sure that defence has been used a lot throughout history but I don't think it is ever very successful otherwise Mr. Flanagan could have just said something along the lines of, "my coach told me to grab the ball whenever I could, I just mistook one kind of ball for another". 

until we get the notes from the meeting (which i am not sure we ever will) I am 100% not ruling that out as being what he used in his not guilty plea!! it would not surprise me in the least! 

or

"i must have misheard the coach saying "go and grab the game by the balls and dont let go""

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well done good sir, I would shake your hand but, you know, social distancing and all that... well you know about it, whether Fev do or not.... 

What do you want if you don't want Monet? 

8 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It could well be a load of lads in their changing room post game though. 

Even if that were the case it would be a breach of guidelines

• Ensuring that participants adhere to legal gathering limits. Social interaction before and after playing any sport should only take place outdoors, in a group of up to 6 people, or as a group of two households. Exceptions may be made where safety and safeguarding measures require this, such as supporting participants with disabilities (though minimal time should be spent waiting or in changing rooms).

Coronavirus (COVID-19): grassroots sports guidance for the public and sport providers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

(I know this is grassroot guidance - I believe for pro's its very similar, and doesn't cover having a beer after the game in the changing room with a TV on)

Just now, Spidey said:

Even if that were the case it would be a breach of guidelines

• Ensuring that participants adhere to legal gathering limits. Social interaction before and after playing any sport should only take place outdoors, in a group of up to 6 people, or as a group of two households. Exceptions may be made where safety and safeguarding measures require this, such as supporting participants with disabilities (though minimal time should be spent waiting or in changing rooms).

Coronavirus (COVID-19): grassroots sports guidance for the public and sport providers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Fev aren’t grassroots. 

Archived