Featherstone investigation

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Even if that were the case it would be a breach of guidelines

• Ensuring that participants adhere to legal gathering limits. Social interaction before and after playing any sport should only take place outdoors, in a group of up to 6 people, or as a group of two households. Exceptions may be made where safety and safeguarding measures require this, such as supporting participants with disabilities (though minimal time should be spent waiting or in changing rooms).

Coronavirus (COVID-19): grassroots sports guidance for the public and sport providers - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

this weekend the juniors are back at our rugby club, not only is the club house not to be open (except for for first aid access) the parents are asked not to stay and watch their kids unless there are genuine safeguarding issues.. 

being able to kick back in the bar when you see what our workplace has had to do to keep people safe is a kick in the Flanagan's Favourites for anyone trying their hardest to get through this all and keep a business and family afloat.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the defence would be it the team still in their bubble having a post match debrief with a couple of beers. Not a great defence but only one I can imagine being anywhere near reasonable.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I've added a comment on the bottom, I don't have the guidance for pro clubs - I very much doubt its any different, unless you know otherwise?

I don’t know (though I know Saints did drink in the changing room at Hull after the Grand Final though rules then may have been different) but I think there should be more context to the whole thing before we decry them as terrible, which they may be. 

I won’t comment on potential sanctions for the stupid and obtuse behaviour as I know we’re all fed up of lockdown restrictions. In terms of the Batley game though, if players test negative on more than one occasion since then, should it not go ahead? 

And if there is a concern, surely just stand down those players involved

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I guess the defence would be it the team still in their bubble having a post match debrief with a couple of beers. Not a great defence but only one I can imagine being anywhere near reasonable.

Would be a lame excuse. It’s not a good look especially after all the government loans and grants rl has been given. 

Well, surely the only right and proper punishment is simply to kick them out of the Challenge Cup, if they're still in it obviously...

I'll have to check on this and get back to you.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

30 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not really sure what to say 

Just plain stupidity 

As a Fev fan its unbelievable after all the hard work put in and the fans ive spoken to are fuming and have  threatened to cancel Rovers TV and the squad bulder money if the club can afford to pay fines! 

11 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

As a Fev fan its unbelievable after all the hard work put in and the fans ive spoken to are fuming and have  threatened to cancel Rovers TV and the squad bulder money if the club can afford to pay fines! 

It's frustrating isn't it, clubs, players  officials and fans have been doing everything possible to get back to playing games, and hopefully watching them eventually. 

4 hours ago, fevtom said:

This was very stupid and I see a hefty fine coming their way.

Having said that, when I read they'd been seen in a bar after the game I assumed they'd all gone out drinking at a local pub. It's worth noting that the article just says some of the team were seen in the bar in the ground, which is in the same building as the changing rooms.

Obviously any breach of Covid protocol is going to rightly bring sanctions but I imagine there'll be a harsher punishment if they were having a full blown knees up rather than just some players gathering to have a chat in the wrong room.

Don’t let common sense get in the way of hysteria Tom. 

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I trust all other clubs will be examining their own  adherence to Covid protocols. Could it be that Fev are suffering because they got caught?

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/club-statement-stadium-covid-rules-b51gL

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rfl-investigation-featherstone-rovers-covid-20291206

This amplifies some of the stupidity here. They were obviously under watch and sent out warnings to their fans, then for the same match found a different way not to adhere to regulations themselves it seems. 

Archived