Featherstone investigation

25 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I’d disagree with that, social distancing rules are quite universal. Organisations whether sports clubs or other places of work are advised to follow social distancing wherever possible to reduce the risk of transmission. Congregating indoors without masks or social distancing in place would not be allowed in any setting under current government rules. 

I genuinely don't know what professional sports clubs are and aren't allowed to do. But you are right, even in a legit debrief session like I mentioned,  you would still expect masks and seats spaced out etc. 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, wasginger said:

Must be a great Fev fan for posting the photo in the first place. The only player to be identified from the photo is Brett Ferres, but I've no idea who the others are. Unbelievable that we find ourselves in a decent place on field, only to be torn to pieces by actions like this.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers-forward-brett-ferres-banned-from-rugby-league-activity-for-10-days-for-covid-19-breach-3185757

17 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

What would be your views if the Government called off all leagues below SL as a result of this, until we are fully back to normal?

As I posted on the Fev forim:

Professional sport is being allowed to take place by the Government through agreement and acceptance of certain rules and protocols by sports' governing bodies and their members ie the clubs. That one club chooses to ignore those with (from looking at the photos) approval from the top is a very serious breach not only of the rules but of trust. Actions such as that put the permitted continuation of the sport during the pandemic at risk. 

4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

As I posted on the Fev forim:

Professional sport is being allowed to take place by the Government through agreement and acceptance of certain rules and protocols by sports' governing bodies and their members ie the clubs. That one club chooses to ignore those with (from looking at the photos) approval from the top is a very serious breach not only of the rules but of trust. Actions such as that put the permitted continuation of the sport during the pandemic at risk. 

Absolutely - a point missed by many who claim that it wasn't that serious, or that all clubs must be doing it! You have nailed the issue that this is more than just about RL and Featherstone.

3 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

There was a fa cup match at marine fc? Live on the bbc and the stadium backed onto people’s houses so they climbed walls or whatever to watch and the cameras showed them.. that must be ok though because it’s football...

Huh?? Who has said that was okay?

I don't see how the RFL can let this game go ahead and risk any further fallout from this situation.If any of the Batley squad became infected (unlikely but not impossible) the RFL would be slaughtered,in the press and on here.

Presumably everyone in the room is employed by the club in some capacity.If they were all identified and banned for 10 days like Ferres,would they be able to put on a game.The RFL need to sort this quickly.It's no good banning people in 2 weeks time.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Huh?? Who has said that was okay?

There were swarms of fans outside the ground when the spurs coach arrived.. 

google Marine FC Police.. and loads of articles come up where the police said basically its ok as they were all social distancing, which is patently rubbish when you look at the photos etc and also the fact that the lockdown rules are going out for essential journeys only.. 

11 minutes ago, RP London said:

There were swarms of fans outside the ground when the spurs coach arrived.. 

google Marine FC Police.. and loads of articles come up where the police said basically its ok as they were all social distancing, which is patently rubbish when you look at the photos etc and also the fact that the lockdown rules are going out for essential journeys only.. 

Different police forces have different interpretations (which doesn’t help)

For this instance Featherstone were obviously warned and passed on this to fans, however seemed to want to get away with other rules themselves 

Just now, Spidey said:

Different police forces have different interpretations (which doesn’t help)

For this instance Featherstone were obviously warned and passed on this to fans, however seemed to want to get away with other rules themselves 

Dont disagree but just answering your query. 

Also think there is a difference between a crowd turning up at the ground and the club itself condoning there players and staff breaking lockdown rules and even facilitating it. If we had this going on at our factory i would expect to be closed by the council within a couple of days.

19 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I don't see how the RFL can let this game go ahead and risk any further fallout from this situation.If any of the Batley squad became infected (unlikely but not impossible) the RFL would be slaughtered,in the press and on here.

Presumably everyone in the room is employed by the club in some capacity.If they were all identified and banned for 10 days like Ferres,would they be able to put on a game.The RFL need to sort this quickly.It's no good banning people in 2 weeks time.

Batley used the changing rooms on the opposite side of the ground to the Clubhouse and main changing rooms which Featherstone use. I  believe that they left immediately after the game.

2 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Batley used the changing rooms on the opposite side of the ground to the Clubhouse and main changing rooms which Featherstone use. I  believe that they left immediately after the game.

Featherstone can do that to you 😄 

Archived