Featherstone investigation

20 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

It's nearly 3PM the day before the game, when will we find out what is going to happen?

Wouldn't mind purchasing the game via OURLeague today... 😄

Some of us already have! I am just assuming that the match will be going ahead. 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Batley used the changing rooms on the opposite side of the ground to the Clubhouse and main changing rooms which Featherstone use. I  believe that they left immediately after the game.

That isn't the issue.

By mixing freely (we assume) with others including non-playing staff they were breaking protocols. These protocols are designed to reduce or at least limit infection; by breaking them it is possible that a mini infection wave could have been set off and this cannot be confirmed simply by testing (infections do not generally emerge instantly). Hence the Batley players and club are potentially being exposed to an increased risk of infection if this game goes ahead.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

That isn't the issue.

By mixing freely (we assume) with others including non-playing staff they were breaking protocols. These protocols are designed to reduce or at least limit infection; by breaking them it is possible that a mini infection wave could have been set off and this cannot be confirmed simply by testing (infections do not generally emerge instantly). Hence the Batley players and club are potentially being exposed to an increased risk of infection if this game goes ahead.

Surely the RFL's investigation will determine if it does go ahead. As you say, (we assume) who was in the room, were they part of the bubble that included the players, we will have to wait for the findings.

2 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Surely the RFL's investigation will determine if it does go ahead. As you say, (we assume) who was in the room, were they part of the bubble that included the players, we will have to wait for the findings.

I’m not sure you are getting that even in whatever bubble you are in that isn’t allowed. To the point were as sweaty said the government could easily turn round and say you aren’t taking it seriously stop everything below SL. 

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Quality, someone was good at reasons for not handing in homework

sorry home work was not on the agenda in my school days we just did all work in classroom,the bar at rovers is separate nobody with a pint pot only bottles bring your own,still stupid against all rules but not every one been following them. 

2 minutes ago, minor said:

sorry home work was not on the agenda in my school days we just did all work in classroom,the bar at rovers is separate nobody with a pint pot only bottles bring your own,still stupid against all rules but not every one been following them. 

Do you know that all of those present brought their own?

7 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Few, if any on here know anything but what is in the pic.

I'm really waiting for a statement. Then I may comment. Then again, I may not. 

Which was my point, that Minor makes a statement that neither he nor anyone else on here knows is true or not. I am also waiting for everything to unfold, but commenting on here is more entertaining than watching Wigan beat Wakefield so here i am!

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

Which was my point, that Minor makes a statement that neither he nor anyone else on here knows is true or not. I am also waiting for everything to unfold, but commenting on here is more entertaining than watching Wigan beat Wakefield so here i am!

Everything may unfold but not become public knowledge. Sometimes that's how it is.

Most of it may well be kept between the rfl and the club.  Fair do's

In a lot of ways it would probably suit Fev better if it were a group of players as they’d at least be able to try and blag that they were indoors for a video session and therefore congregating for work purposes. If they aren’t just players then there’s any number of different things they could fall foul of, ranging from Government return to sport to guidance to the law of the land, via local licensing and RFL protocols. 

10 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

As I posted on the Fev forim:

Professional sport is being allowed to take place by the Government through agreement and acceptance of certain rules and protocols by sports' governing bodies and their members ie the clubs. That one club chooses to ignore those with (from looking at the photos) approval from the top is a very serious breach not only of the rules but of trust. Actions such as that put the permitted continuation of the sport during the pandemic at risk. 

Featherstone should be suspended from playing any further part in the 2021 season IMO. They can re-join League One in 2022.

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In a lot of ways it would probably suit Fev better if it were a group of players as they’d at least be able to try and blag that they were indoors for a video session and therefore congregating for work purposes. If they aren’t just players then there’s any number of different things they could fall foul of, ranging from Government return to sport to guidance to the law of the land, via local licensing and RFL protocols. 

Exactly Matt , the bottom line is somebody at Fev opened the doors to a licenced room , switched the telly's on , and essentially either invited or just watched why loads of people entered the room and sat down , just stupidity 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Exactly Matt , the bottom line is somebody at Fev opened the doors to a licenced room , switched the telly's on , and essentially either invited or just watched why loads of people entered the room and sat down , just stupidity 

The room on the photo is the Sponsors Lounge which hold around 80 or more people sitting down. Unless I am mistaken I can see around 11 people in there on the photo. The investigation will tell us if there were loads there as you say.

7 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

The room on the photo is the Sponsors Lounge which hold around 80 or more people sitting down. Unless I am mistaken I can see around 11 people in there on the photo. The investigation will tell us if there were loads there as you say.

It don't matter how many people were in the room. Its a breach of the rules and believe Wakefield Council/Police are now involved, could be fines coming from RFL and Council/Police.

8 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

11 people is ' loads ' right now 

2 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

It don't matter how many people were in the room. Its a breach of the rules and believe Wakefield Council/Police are now involved, could be fines coming from RFL and Council/Police.

And presumably potential losses of alcohol licences etc

16 hours ago, minor said:

Which other RL clubs have been doing the same, as you imply?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

i think the penalty if found guilty should be forfeit the games, 2 points each game deducted, i would have said award to opponents but would it be unfair to other teams in the league, (could mean a team getting relegated), so the games still have to be played and implied costs met by featherstone.

Just now, tracitiger said:

i think the penalty if found guilty should be forfeit the games, 2 points each game deducted, i would have said award to opponents but would it be unfair to other teams in the league, (could mean a team getting relegated), so the games still have to be played and implied costs met by featherstone.

Thank you for your views.

Other opinions may be available.

On 01/04/2021 at 11:55, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

There was a fa cup match at marine fc? Live on the bbc and the stadium backed onto people’s houses so they climbed walls or whatever to watch and the cameras showed them.. that must be ok though because it’s football...

The Marine ground backs onto private gardens, the people shown watching the game were all in their private gardens, totally within the rules and guidelines at the time, nothing to do with it being football.

On 31/03/2021 at 16:19, MADREDNIGE said:

We haven't had one for donkeys years lol. 

Technically, the one at Loscoe is within the Fev boundary.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

14 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

11 or 80, It shouldn't have been open and there shouldn't have been anyone gathering in it, that's the issue, some of you don't seem to be getting that.

Archived