Featherstone investigation

On 01/04/2021 at 11:55, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

There was a fa cup match at marine fc? Live on the bbc and the stadium backed onto people’s houses so they climbed walls or whatever to watch and the cameras showed them.. that must be ok though because it’s football...

Those folk were in their own gardens.  I'm not sure that you can stop folk standing in their own property.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, meast said:

11 or 80, It shouldn't have been open and there shouldn't have been anyone gathering in it, that's the issue, some of you don't seem to be getting that.

Of course....and for that the club will judged and punished by the governing body.

Job sorted. 

1 hour ago, tracitiger said:

i think the penalty if found guilty should be forfeit the games, 2 points each game deducted, i would have said award to opponents but would it be unfair to other teams in the league, (could mean a team getting relegated), so the games still have to be played and implied costs met by featherstone.

It should, but it would appear the investigation must be over and there is no case to answer in terms of other players.

Otherwise, the rest of the Fev players would have to isolate too. 

AFAIK covid has a 10 day incubation period, (hence Ferres' isolation period) therefore, tests won't necessarily show any infections yet and possibly won't show a positive result for 10 days if someone had it.

I cannot see Fev or the RFL risking the huge legal bill and possible jail term, for failing in their duty of care if any of the players caught it, and either fell seriously ill, or died from it.

However, it does beg the question, why there hasn't been a statement from the RFl regarding the matter.

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And the police and the council 😳

Do I really want police officers pouring over phone footage to find out who was there ? , No , not really , they should have known better , ultimately somebody unlocked a door and turned on a TV ( where the bottles cane from is irrelevant ) , it is at their door where this lies 

It amazes me that everyone on here wants to be judge, jury and executioner. The club are wrong to have allowed it to happen and now it’s up to the RFL, Police and Council to investigate the incident and decide what sanctions should be imposed. 

1 minute ago, Cardypaul said:

It amazes me that everyone on here wants to be judge, jury and executioner. The club are wrong to have allowed it to happen and now it’s up to the RFL, Police and Council to investigate the incident and decide what sanctions should be imposed. 

It’s a forum people exchange opinions. That’s how it goes 😂😂

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Technically, the one at Loscoe is within the Fev boundary.

Still not in Featherstone, like Yorkshire Bank theyve gone in Fev, Ponte, Knottingley and Normanton. 

2 hours ago, tracitiger said:

i think the penalty if found guilty should be forfeit the games, 2 points each game deducted, i would have said award to opponents but would it be unfair to other teams in the league, (could mean a team getting relegated), so the games still have to be played and implied costs met by featherstone.

The game not being played wouldn't be as problematical as some think. The league is going to be decided on a percentage points basis in any case (note the fact that Fev and Widnes will not be playing their games against Toulouse in France because of travel restrictions) so this effect might ultimately be fairer.

As it is the RFL look like they are going to allow the game to proceed so they must have been satisfied that no breach took place, or they are simply taking a risk that nothing will come of it.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Cardypaul said:

Come one.....where's the fun in being a RL supporter if you can't join a reactionary lynch mob?

47 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Still not in Featherstone, like Yorkshire Bank theyve gone in Fev, Ponte, Knottingley and Normanton. 

Nevertheless, some Fev Councillor was claiming it as Fev territory a couple of years ago.

38 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The game not being played wouldn't be as problematical as some think. The league is going to be decided on a percentage points basis in any case (note the fact that Fev and Widnes will not be playing their games against Toulouse in France because of travel restrictions) so this effect might ultimately be fairer.

Depends whether you think you were going to win or lose. Your percentage will be higher if you win, lower if you lose.

12 minutes ago, Griff said:

Nevertheless, some Fev Councillor was claiming it as Fev territory a couple of years ago.

We dont need anymore big enough lol. Councillor's what do they know! 

Many posts removed.

If you want to discuss the alleged breach of Covid restrictions at Featherstone, do it here.

If you want to argue the toss over what Covid restrictions should or should not be, that is a political issue not a Rugby League issue, so do it in the politics sub forum.

On 02/04/2021 at 16:27, Griff said:

Depends whether you think you were going to win or lose. Your percentage will be higher if you win, lower if you lose.

Wow, so that's how percentages work?

Who would have guessed it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Wow, so that's how percentages work?

Who would have guessed it?

that's true BSJ but remember not only win %  but difference % to find final league positions 🤣

1 minute ago, POR said:

that's true BSJ but remember not only win %  but difference % to find final league positions 🤣

Are you saying that a win percentage is the first measure used with the overall percentage success only applied if the first is tied? This would effectively take draws out of the equation in the first instance.

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Are you saying that a win percentage is the first measure used with the overall percentage success only applied if the first is tied? This would effectively take draws out of the equation in the first instance.

yes they first use the win% then instead of using good old points difference to put you in place they take the points scored divided by the points conceded multiplied by 100 to come up with something called difference%  and VIOLA the final table 🤣

51 minutes ago, POR said:

yes they first use the win% then instead of using good old points difference to put you in place they take the points scored divided by the points conceded multiplied by 100 to come up with something called difference%  and VIOLA the final table 🤣

It's voilà btw

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived