Featherstone investigation

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, POR said:

yes they first use the win% then instead of using good old points difference to put you in place they take the points scored divided by the points conceded multiplied by 100 to come up with something called difference%  and VIOLA the final table 🤣

Well that seems reasonable actually. Better than scratching out the old tunes once again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 minutes ago, dboy said:

Apart from this one, which notes the immediate action and ends by stating that "An RFL investigation into the gathering is underway."

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/57817/brett-ferres-banned-for--days

Eh? Did you read my post?

I was talking about a statement about the findings from the investigation.

The point being. If the investigation is complete, why have the RFL not released a statement regarding the findings? 

If (as I suspect) the investigation has not been completed, and the actual number involved has not been established. How can the risk be assessed? Therefore, how could the RFL let the game go ahead without knowing the facts or risks involved?

If there isn't a risk, why have an investigation, or tell Ferres to isolate? 

52 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

The point being. If the investigation is complete, why have the RFL not released a statement regarding the findings? 

If (as I suspect) the investigation has not been completed, and the actual number involved has not been established. How can the risk be assessed? Therefore, how could the RFL let the game go ahead without knowing the facts or risks involved?

Investigation is complete. Done n dusted. They may have chosen not to disclose the findings. C'est la vie

57 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I don't think the investigation is simply about which players were involved and the ongoing covid transmission risk, which are operational regulations for the sport.

It's more about why Fev thought it was ok for them to breach the Law.

1 minute ago, dboy said:

I don't think the investigation is simply about which players were involved and the ongoing covid transmission risk, which are operational regulations for the sport.

Or something 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Investigation is complete. Done n dusted. They may have chosen not to disclose the findings. C'est la vie

Fev getting priority treatment again , the RFLs little favourite son 😉

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Has it?

I haven't seen anything repoted since Ferres' enforced isolation.

The longer this goes on, the more I fear for Fev tbh. 

Will the RFL decide to deduct points after the season is over, just by enough to stop you from qualifying for SL?

It's  not like they have form for changing the rules after the result has been posted, to suit their agenda.

Oh wait, hang on... 🤣 

3 hours ago, dboy said:

Surely the important part of the investigation was to figure out the risk of infection prior to the game?

The rest of it isn't as time sensitive.

56 minutes ago, wasginger said:

In the Huddersfield Examiner you'll find a full examination by the prosecution. 

Wow Huddersfield Examiner must be bad if they are putting their twopeneth in!!!!

On 04/04/2021 at 10:22, POR said:

yes they first use the win% then instead of using good old points difference to put you in place they take the points scored divided by the points conceded multiplied by 100 to come up with something called difference%  and VIOLA the final table 🤣

Sounds like a fiddle to me.

23 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Wow Huddersfield Examiner must be bad if they are putting their twopeneth in!!!!

It will be syndicated throughout the Reach group, of which the Examiner is just a minor component. I don't know if they even have any actual reporters nowadays.

Rugby League Live also comes under the same umbrella, and they certainly do.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It will be syndicated throughout the Reach group, of which the Examiner is just a minor component. I don't know if they even have any actual reporters nowadays.

Rugby League Live also comes under the same umbrella, and the certainly do.

Huddersfield Examiner doesn't exist anymore, no reporters, no nothing, it's all done out of Leeds as Yorkshire Live these days, with very little interest in positive local issues.

Archived