Featherstone investigation

• 1 month later...

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest

In a statement on Wednesday, West Yorkshire Police said it was "aware of a reported breach of coronavirus restrictions at Millennium Stadium, Featherstone, on Saturday, March 27, and has been working alongside the Rugby Football League (RFL) in ensuring this is investigated and appropriate sanctions put in place.

ā€œAs a result of information that has come to light as part of these enquiries, West Yorkshire Police has instigated a review of the premises licence.ā€

Featherstone Rovers may face booze fan after alleged Covid breach following Batley Bulldogs Challenge Cup match | Yorkshire Post

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Latest

In a statement on Wednesday, West Yorkshire Police said it was "aware of a reported breach of coronavirus restrictions at Millennium Stadium, Featherstone, on Saturday, March 27, and has been working alongside the Rugby Football League (RFL) in ensuring this is investigated and appropriate sanctions put in place.

ā€œAs a result of information that has come to light as part of these enquiries, West Yorkshire Police has instigated a review of the premises licence.ā€

Featherstone Rovers may face booze fan after alleged Covid breach following Batley Bulldogs Challenge Cup match | Yorkshire Post

In brief, the policeĀ can't be arsed andĀ don't want to alienate themselves in the local community so have handed it over to theĀ councilĀ who areĀ politicians reliant on local votesĀ so will come to the same conclusion andĀ just hand out a vague warning of some sort.

6 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

In brief, the policeĀ can't be arsed andĀ don't want to alienate themselves in the local community so have handed it over to theĀ councilĀ who areĀ politicians reliant on local votesĀ so will come to the same conclusion andĀ just hand out a vague warning of some sort.

"Featherstone Rovers have been advised as to their responsibilities and will ensure that the next time we're in a 16 month long pandemic that they behave like good boys and girls"

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.Ā (Terry Pratchett)

44 minutes ago, Griff said:

The licence was always the big risk.

PossiblyĀ  the police have said Ā it had asked for the club's premises licence, which allows it to serve booze to fans, to be reviewed by Wakefield Council.butĀ  no beer was served all the clubs bars were all closedĀ  at the time it wasĀ  Ā the idiots whoĀ  brought their own beer to the shenanigansĀ 

4 minutes ago, POR said:

PossiblyĀ  the police have said Ā it had asked for the club's premises licence, which allows it to serve booze to fans, to be reviewed by Wakefield Council.butĀ  no beer was served all the clubs bars were all closedĀ  at the time it wasĀ  Ā the idiots whoĀ  brought their own beer to the shenanigansĀ 

Doesn't matter.. your licence, your responsibility for what happens and what is drunk there, doesn't matter if you sold it. The bar area was open and they were sitting in it, therefore they have to abide by the law that applies to that licence.Ā 

53 minutes ago, POR said:

The club's responsible for its premises.Ā  They shouldn't have been in the bar whether or not anything was sold to them.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Just now, Spidey said:

Hmmm. 2 weeks longer than a recent disciplinaryĀ case.Ā 

Should have gone for the heat of the moment defence

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.Ā (Terry Pratchett)

38 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Should have gone for the heat of the moment defence

An observation here. Me and my mate will take the pizz outĀ  of each other mercilessly. No holes barred and at times utterly foul - even on Christmas cards. He's one of my closestĀ mates of many years whom I trust implicitly.

However, I keep all the tripe away from social media and from the eyes and ears of others. We both hold professional registrations that could be compromised should that stuff ever get shared with anyone else.

Ben will learn an expensive lesson here.

13 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

An observation here. Me and my mate will take the pizz outĀ  of each other mercilessly. No holes barred and at times utterly foul - even on Christmas cards. He's one of my closestĀ mates of many years whom I trust implicitly.

However, I keep all the tripe away from social media and from the eyes and ears of others. We both hold professional registrations that could be compromised should that stuff ever get shared with anyone else.

Ben will learn an expensive lesson here.

The RFL says it received several complaints, including one from Worrincy, who said ā€œit made me feel a combination of emotions from anger, upset and disappointmentā€.

Maybe if he said it in private he wouldnā€™t have received a punishment, but Worrincy would still feel this way. So yeah maybe heā€™s learned to keep his racist comments to himself now

Then again...

It heard that Blackmore, who claimed the post was an ā€œin jokeā€, did not express any real regret nor did he apologise for it.

Ā 

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

The RFL says it received several complaints, including one from Worrincy, who said ā€œit made me feel a combination of emotions from anger, upset and disappointmentā€.

Maybe if he said it in private he wouldnā€™t have received a punishment, but Worrincy would still feel this way. So yeah maybe heā€™s learned to keep his racist comments to himself now

Absolutely.Ā 

Just now, Robin Evans said:

Absolutely.Ā 

I was a bit slow posting, what is you think of the following..

It heard that Blackmore, who claimed the post was an ā€œin jokeā€, did not express any real regret nor did he apologise for it.

Ā 

Just now, Spidey said:

I was a bit slow posting, what is you think of the following..

Ā 

Then he's as daft as a brush. Get your hands held high and declare your regret.... and learn a bloody lesson.Ā 

I genuinely do think he thought it was a joke without any ill intent but its racist nonetheless. Sh it like this might have been passed over without a second thought in 1974. We live in a world of increasing awareness now.Ā  You just can say this sh it and get away with it

Just now, Robin Evans said:

Then he's as daft as a brush. Get your hands held high and declare your regret.... and learn a bloody lesson.Ā 

I genuinely do think he thought it was a joke without any ill intent but its racist nonetheless. Sh it like this might have been passed over without a second thought in 1974. We live in a world of increasing awareness now.Ā  You just can say this sh it and get away with it

The fact that Rob Worrincy has complained should resonate with him if they were mates. If one of my mates felt that about something Iā€™d say Iā€™d be mortified.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The fact that Rob Worrincy has complained should resonate with him if they were mates. If one of my mates felt that about something Iā€™d say Iā€™d be mortified.Ā 

Depends on the mate. There are somethings I will say and discuss with some mates that I definitely wouldn't with others. I wouldĀ not normally say anything to anyone if I knew it would offend.

There are other times when I have been deliberately offensive but believe my words were justified.

As my old mentor used to say.... "it's all about being reight wi folks lad"!

23 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The fact that Rob Worrincy has complained should resonate with him if they were mates.

Looking at the report, it really hasn't though, has it?

He's probably more peeved that his mate didn't like his racist joke.

They won't even have a laugh now, will they?

Very good words from Worrincy. I'm staggered with Blackmore's response to this considering he said they were close friends. Dare I say, instead of making up some nonsense story, if he had admitted to an error of judgement and apologised wholeheartedly he wouldn't have got a 10 week ban. Just shows he had no remorse, and didn't even consider the impact on his friend.Ā 

Archived