Featherstone investigation

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

If you really believe that then good for you. But ...

I should have said we were the first British Sport to treat all players as equals.Rugby League started doing it in the late 1920's.N.F.L exploited black players until the late 1980's paying lower wages,and seperate  accommdation in training camps and even Hotels before games.How long was it before a black player was picked to play for England at Football.Boxers did get a chance but they had to be good enough.I remember Randolph Turpin beating the great Sugar Ray Robinson for the World Title.He was ripped off as most fighters are and ended up being skint and commiting suicide.He was born in Lemington Spa and the town never even put a plaque up for his achievement.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I should have said we were the first British Sport to treat all players as equals.Rugby League started doing it in the late 1920's.N.F.L exploited black players until the late 1980's paying lower wages,and seperate  accommdation in training camps and even Hotels before games.How long was it before a black player was picked to play for England at Football.Boxers did get a chance but they had to be good enough.I remember Randolph Turpin beating the great Sugar Ray Robinson for the World Title.He was ripped off as most fighters are and ended up being skint and commiting suicide.He was born in Lemington Spa and the town never even put a plaque up for his achievement.

I think RTs statue is in Warwick.  I always though it strange when I sat in the cafe near it!

56 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I think RTs statue is in Warwick.  I always though it strange when I sat in the cafe near it!

Well Leamington Spa is in Warwickshire but it was 35 years after his death after much public pressure that he finally was recognised with the statue.

15 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I see a good few posts have been removed from the thread (again) which is almost certainly due to people complaining to moderators about them. (Who actually does that btw???)

Various posts removed for (a) trolling and (b ) potential libels, not because anyone is trying to suppress 'debate' - in case you hadn't noticed, this thread is already 14 pages long!!!

People who report dodgy posts for the attention of moderators on here are actually helping keep this forum open for debate, rather than allowing it to become swamped with trolling, personal abuse or libels that could get it shut down.

We've been up and running for 20 years now, and we're still pretty popular, so it's a policy that kinda works and has stood the test of time, and it won't be changing just to suit you.

Other websites and social media platforms are available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/05/2021 at 16:44, distantdog said:

To be fair, I haven't seen anyone suggest he is a racist, but what he said certainly was. I think the main issue is his reaction to the whole thing, and his lack of any kind of remorse or empathy for RW!

If he'd have just called Mark Aston a fat **** he'd have probably got away with it

On 28/05/2021 at 16:13, OriginalMrC said:

Very good words from Worrincy. I'm staggered with Blackmore's response to this considering he said they were close friends. Dare I say, instead of making up some nonsense story, if he had admitted to an error of judgement and apologised wholeheartedly he wouldn't have got a 10 week ban. Just shows he had no remorse, and didn't even consider the impact on his friend. 

If I had posted something which unintentionally offended a close friend, I'd be falling over myself to apologise. Hard to understand from Blackmore. 

13 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Yeah.... But he didn't, did he?

No, he didn't and he got what he deserved.

Taking the pizz out off someone's appearance because of their size appears to be fair game. Something to laugh at. It's just bants etc..... 

• 4 weeks later...

A Wakefield Council committee decided not to suspend the Championship side's licence to sell alcohol on Tuesday, despite a request from the police to do so.

Featherstone Rovers chiefs say they've been 'vindicated' after club escapes further punishment over alleged Covid breach | Pontefract and Castleford Express

23 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

A Wakefield Council committee decided not to suspend the Championship side's licence to sell alcohol on Tuesday, despite a request from the police to do so.

Featherstone Rovers chiefs say they've been 'vindicated' after club escapes further punishment over alleged Covid breach | Pontefract and Castleford Express

Was Vickers at the club,at the time,in any official capacity?

Pleased to see that ' always ' Featherstone have been impeccable.

I'm just so gullible.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

11 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Was Vickers at the club,at the time,in any official capacity?

Pleased to see that ' always ' Featherstone have been impeccable.

I'm just so gullible.

The committee were happy mate. Despite several representatives from HM police force and a barristers,  the Committee found in fev's favour.

On 07/07/2021 at 19:10, Robin Evans said:

The committee were happy mate. Despite several representatives from HM police force and a barristers,  the Committee found in fev's favour.

Yer can bet that wont go down well in SOME quarters lol.

On 07/07/2021 at 19:10, Robin Evans said:

Not bothered either way,but I'm surprised the Council went against police wishes.

3 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I just assumed Councils followed police advice in such situations.

No. They have evidence presented to them by the police and the defence. They make a judgement and in this case judged against the police.

The press reports show what the council thought of the claims made against featherstone with regards to the alcohol licence.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Colin James said:

By deducted two points do they mean had a win scrubbed off their %? Points are meaningless this season aren't they?

Yes that will be the case. Halifax now within touching distance of 2nd (Assuming Toulouse manage 70% of their games and stay top)

Archived