Featherstone investigation

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MattSantos said:

Village types not suited to the limelight.. this is incredibly insulting. 

Pretending there was nobody else there is insulting to everyone else's intelligence.

Compromising the biosecurity protocols for the Competition is insulting to the Sport and their competitors.

I said sadly it reinforces a stereotype, not that I agree with it in the slightest, which has continually been used to beat Fev Rovers throughout recent history. I would have hoped the management would want to challenge that at every opportunity.

Instead this feels incredibly tinpot - though I suspect given the mutual "agreement" mentioned by the RFL press release, this public attitude may just be a sop to their own fans whereas in private they're far more concerned and conciliatory.

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Pretending there was nobody else there is insulting to everyone else's intelligence.

Compromising the biosecurity protocols for the Competition is insulting to the Sport and their competitors.

I said sadly it reinforces a stereotype, not that I agree with it in the slightest, which has continually been used to beat Fev Rovers throughout recent history. I would have hoped the management would want to challenge that at every opportunity.

Instead this feels incredibly tinpot - though I suspect given the mutual "agreement" mentioned by the RFL press release, this public attitude may just be a sop to their own fans whereas in private they're far more concerned and conciliatory.

Who knows ? 

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

It does make you wonder at the sudden exits of two senior executives of their own volition. Is/was there an internal culture that they could no longer tolerate?

I think there may well have been 4 who went around the same time (CEO, Football Manager, Finance Manager and Head of Comms), although one departure had already been announced in February with 1 of the others following him to BCAFC.

16 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Do we know how the pictures got out in the first place?

It was on a players/member of staffs' snapchat story initially, I forget whose exactly.

That gets seen by x and seen by y and suddenly its on twitter/facebook and the Authorities have seen.

1 hour ago, MattSantos said:

It should be, apart from a 10k fine, no real punishment. It should galvanise the team, it will the fans!! 

Its going to depend on next seasons structure. No point having a playoff final if they decide to promote 2 clubs so it would mean a change to the structure and I can't see them having 2 finals with Fev and Toulouse in different ones as it would be really unfair on both of them. Afterall I fancy Halifax's chances of beating either of the top 2 in a one off game where as having to beat both of them I simply can not see happening.

5 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its going to depend on next seasons structure. No point having a playoff final if they decide to promote 2 clubs so it would mean a change to the structure a

Potential for top team to get automatic promotion, with the play-off's changing to 2nd to 6th, for the other promo spot.

So those nasty police,who weren't even from south Yorkshire, told fibs about being obstructed,but there was obstruction of the governing body of the sport yet it results in only this,hardly condign,punishment.

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/health/coronavirus/featherstone-rovers-chiefs-say-theyve-been-vindicated-after-club-escapes-further-punishment-over-alleged-covid-breach-3298716

The publicity for the sport is overwhelming.Again.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

5 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Its 13 pages of Fev bashing basically, I'll put my 2p in, cheers. 

It's like they've done nothing wrong.

Sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

I'm glad we lost on Sunday, imagine the points %loss we would have suffered then. It seems strange that when this was brought to the RFL's attention  in March, yet they've waited until after the Toulouse game to announce the punishment. Now I might be a bit slow on the uptake here, but I thought the Police were the guardians of the law, because about 6 weeks ago their attempt to close all the bars in the club, and revoke it's licence due to lack of cooperation was over turned by the council. Anyway I'm happy because the RFL aren't getting rid of Fev or it's supporters anytime soon. So carry on.

40 minutes ago, Griff said:

It's like they've done nothing wrong.

Sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong.

Try reading the story on the Fev Forum, every other fan should move on and that the RFL are out to get them and deny them promotion.

Just now, Bulls2487 said:

Try reading the story on the Fev Forum, every other fan should move on and that the RFL are out to get them and deny them promotion.

In other sports, folk would have been disqualified from acting as directors or officials if they were caught deceiving the governing body.

9 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

What is against the laws of the RFL, may not be for the council or police. Look at John Terry and the FA.

Oooh, look........................over there!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

31 minutes ago, wasginger said:

I'm glad we lost on Sunday, imagine the points %loss we would have suffered then. It seems strange that when this was brought to the RFL's attention  in March, yet they've waited until after the Toulouse game to announce the punishment. Now I might be a bit slow on the uptake here, but I thought the Police were the guardians of the law, because about 6 weeks ago their attempt to close all the bars in the club, and revoke it's licence due to lack of cooperation was over turned by the council. Anyway I'm happy because the RFL aren't getting rid of Fev or it's supporters anytime soon. So carry on.

The WMDC meeting to discuss the police request to revoke the alcohol licence was on 6th July, 4 weeks ago.  The RFL are unlikely to have done much formally before then in order not to prejudice any official investigation, so it's not unreasonable that any findings have just been announced. There's no conspiracy.

1 hour ago, Bulls2487 said:

To be fair, most posters are accepting the penalties.

Sure, there are a couple of paranoids saying "everyone's against us", but that's not the majority view.

7 minutes ago, Skids said:

All those involved are a disgrace, particularly Campbell and senior members of the club that were there. They quite clearly tried to cover up their irresponsible actions.

If the council did their job properly, they would have taken action. No doubt the club has friends there, what other explanation could there be.

You seem to have all the answers so tell us what the explanation is!

1 hour ago, Bulls2487 said:

I think what you'll find is, yes of course we talk of conspiracy theories. I mean they do appear to have a track record the RFL. But after that, all it is doing is hardening the resolve not just of those involved in the running of the club, but as important are the fans and their desire to stand as that BLUE WALL.

16 minutes ago, Skids said:

All those involved are a disgrace, particularly Campbell and senior members of the club that were there. They quite clearly tried to cover up their irresponsible actions.

If the council did their job properly, they would have taken action. No doubt the club has friends there, what other explanation could there be.

Very serious allegations there Skids.  Mmm I wonder if there's a way for Mr Campbell and other senior members of the club, to re-coup the fine. Now that would jolly nice... don't you think Skids. 

Archived