Featherstone investigation

5 minutes ago, wasginger said:

Very serious allegations there Skids.  Mmm I wonder if there's a way for Mr Campbell and other senior members of the club, to re-coup the fine. Now that would jolly nice... don't you think Skids. 

The 27 March gathering took place after Featherstone’s Betfred Challenge Cup tie, also against Batley, when the law prohibited people from different households gathering indoors. An RFL investigation began when photographs, which included club chairman Mark Campbell, emerged on social media. The club initially claimed that the only player who was present was the one who could be identified from the photographs – Brett Ferres, who was immediately stood down for 10 days and fined £250 for breaching the RFL’s Covid protocols. CCTV footage of all the attendees was said to be unavailable.

With the club failing to fully cooperate with the early stages of the RFL investigation, Rovers were able to field a virtual full-strength team against Batley the following Friday. But CCTV footage of the illegal 27 March gathering later obtained by the police showed 23 people present, including 12 players who played in the 28-18 defeat of Batley on 2 April. Operational Rules do not allow for the results of completed fixtures to be altered. However, Featherstone have been stripped the equivalent of the two competition points they gained from this victory. 

The fine reflects the club’s failure to properly comply with the law, Operational Rules and the RFL investigation. The club deliberately withheld information from the investigator, in order to avoid players being stood down. The actions of individual club members led to an unnecessarily protracted, expensive and extremely time-consuming process. 

He has just posted what was in the RFL report. Are they serious allegations from the RFL too?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wasginger said:

I think what you'll find is, yes of course we talk of conspiracy theories. I mean they do appear to have a track record the RFL. But after that, all it is doing is hardening the resolve not just of those involved in the running of the club, but as important are the fans and their desire to stand as that BLUE WALL.

So on one hand the RFL are the most incompetent organisation in sport

On the other hand they are capable of running multiple conspiracies against numerous clubs but in particular in this instance against Featherstone which takes great organising. 

So which is it?

How long have you been watching this game? Surely during that time you must have seen inconsistencies in their handling of different situations. If you haven't. Well good on you for seeing only the positives in this organisation. As I've said all it's doing is hardening the resolve of all associated with the club. We need to get back on the horse, starting on Sunday. Which given the form Batley are showing is no easy task, and as the cliche goes take one game at a time. And sit back and watch in awe what brilliant re-organisations the RFL come up with, and also which clubs will go to the wall.

2 hours ago, wasginger said:

I think what you'll find is, yes of course we talk of conspiracy theories. I mean they do appear to have a track record the RFL. But after that, all it is doing is hardening the resolve not just of those involved in the running of the club, but as important are the fans and their desire to stand as that BLUE WALL.

Never read such paranoid rubbish.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

44 minutes ago, wasginger said:

How long have you been watching this game? Surely during that time you must have seen inconsistencies in their handling of different situations. If you haven't. Well good on you for seeing only the positives in this organisation. As I've said all it's doing is hardening the resolve of all associated with the club. We need to get back on the horse, starting on Sunday. Which given the form Batley are showing is no easy task, and as the cliche goes take one game at a time. And sit back and watch in awe what brilliant re-organisations the RFL come up with, and also which clubs will go to the wall.

That you genuinely seem to feel hard done by from what was a pretty lenient penalty is amazing.

Bah! Angings too good for em...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I really do think it is time for the Fev faithful to blame the stupidity of their club'management for their actions rather than the RFL.

Also Ferres was banned because he was the only player identified at the time.The 12 players who then turned out against Batley must have known they should not have played in that game.That does not say much for their integrity or respect for their opponents.And how much does it say about the club?

Between the often ravenous, seemingly ingrained, hatred of the club by many on here and the tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists that think the RFL's sole purpose is to ruin Fev and promote whichever team is doing well at that point in time (Toulouse at the moment), lies a middle ground. I think this punishment is about right.

Obvious error in judgement and breach of protocol which deserved punishment, but the reality of the situation is that this is a bunch of blokes who have just been in a changing room together and most of them have been on a field playing a high contact impact sport for 80 minutes. Hyperbole about putting lives at risk is a little over the top given players were getting tested and have been together for long periods before going into the bar after the game. If they'd stayed in the sheds and had a beer would that have been ok?

No Police or Council punishment or claim of being misled. The club officials were dumb to do it and have been punished with a points deduction and a significant fine for a PT operation, seems about right. Publicly still proclaim innocence as most would but I suspect privately they will have acknowledged it, draw a line under it and move on. Not sure the frothing masses who wanted public executions of 'little villagers' (Fev is a town btw) on here or the 'were the millwall of RL, everyone hates us' factions will but that's life. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 hours ago, wasginger said:

Over 50 years and I still don’t buy into the conspiracy theory unlike you. 

In this instance Featherstone lied and broke the law. The club only have themselves to blame and it is no point some of the fans trying to scapegoat the RFL

Des Johnson at Barrow was banned from the game for 8 years in 2011 and Barrow were deducted 29 points and relegated to League 1, for essentially breaking the salary cap. 

Campbell put people's lives at risk, obstructed an investigation, publicly lied to play the investigation down and knowingly fielded 12 ineligible players in the next league game. 

Somehow, Fev are the victims of a conspiracy? ....More like beneficiaries!

14 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Des Johnson at Barrow was banned from the game for 8 years in 2011 and Barrow were deducted 29 points and relegated to League 1, for essentially breaking the salary cap. 

Campbell put people's lives at risk, obstructed an investigation, publicly lied to play the investigation down and knowingly fielded 12 ineligible players in the next league game. 

Somehow, Fev are the victims of a conspiracy? ....More like beneficiaries!

That just proves Wasginger's point.

There are inconsistencies.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

8 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Between the often ravenous, seemingly ingrained, hatred of the club by many on here and the tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists that think the RFL's sole purpose is to ruin Fev and promote whichever team is doing well at that point in time (Toulouse at the moment), lies a middle ground. I think this punishment is about right.

Obvious error in judgement and breach of protocol which deserved punishment, but the reality of the situation is that this is a bunch of blokes who have just been in a changing room together and most of them have been on a field playing a high contact impact sport for 80 minutes. Hyperbole about putting lives at risk is a little over the top given players were getting tested and have been together for long periods before going into the bar after the game. If they'd stayed in the sheds and had a beer would that have been ok?

No Police or Council punishment or claim of being misled. The club officials were dumb to do it and have been punished with a points deduction and a significant fine for a PT operation, seems about right. Publicly still proclaim innocence as most would but I suspect privately they will have acknowledged it, draw a line under it and move on. Not sure the frothing masses who wanted public executions of 'little villagers' (Fev is a town btw) on here or the 'were the millwall of RL, everyone hates us' factions will but that's life. 

Maybe not 'misled' but

An enforcement officer at Wakefield Council said a Rovers official had been "obstructive" when the authorities were investigating whether or not Covid restrictions had been breached at the Millennium Stadium in March.

Police also said the club had "not volunteered information" when requested.

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/news/crime/featherstone-rovers-accused-of-failing-to-co-operate-with-police-enquiry-into-alleged-covid-breach-3289956%3famp

3 hours ago, Griff said:

That just proves Wasginger's point.

There are inconsistencies.

Well no. Those two incidents are completely different.

Just as the punishment for poking somebodies bumhole wasn't the same.

The way I see it the RFL had to be seen to punish Fev and by doing what they have they have done that without really punishing Fev apart from the fine which will no doubt just be a deduction of the funding money.

On the plus side its 10k extra in the RFL's pockets to pay for Bradford's new corners. Win win for everyone.

17 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Try reading the story on the Fev Forum, every other fan should move on and that the RFL are out to get them and deny them promotion.

It's not just the RFL that fans on the Fev facebook page hate, it's those on this forum, who never have a good word to say for the club no matter how well they do.  

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

12 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Cracking post

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Maybe not 'misled' but

An enforcement officer at Wakefield Council said a Rovers official had been "obstructive" when the authorities were investigating whether or not Covid restrictions had been breached at the Millennium Stadium in March.

Police also said the club had "not volunteered information" when requested.

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/news/crime/featherstone-rovers-accused-of-failing-to-co-operate-with-police-enquiry-into-alleged-covid-breach-3289956%3famp

I don't doubt that the club haven't been amazingly cooperative throughout the process, which is why the 10k is probably fair. It's a sizable sum for a PT club. The fact anti-fev people think it's not enough and Fev diehards think it's unfair and corrupt, tells me its in the right ballpark.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Didn’t most people reply to him and say that Rugby League wasn’t #clueless in this instance and it was actually breaking the law at the time?

Indeed they did. Saying clubs have been through a lot of hardships in the past 12 months isn't an excuse to do something against the rules.

Banter.

Archived