Jump to content

Featherstone investigation


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Exactly. Of course, in their heart-oof-hearts they don't believe they've done anything wrong.

Featherstone Rovers are deeply disappointed with the RFL's outcome from its investigation into an alleged social gathering at the club in March of this year," the club said in its own statement.

"The outcome is particularly disappointing given that the club had satisfied both West Yorkshire Police's investigation and a local authority hearing, both of whom conceded that the club had not knowingly been uncooperative.

It does make you wonder at the sudden exits of two senior executives of their own volition. Is/was there an internal culture that they could no longer tolerate?

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It does make you wonder at the sudden exits of two senior executives of their own volition. Is/was there an internal culture that they could no 

 

Edited by Fevrover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MattSantos said:

Village types not suited to the limelight.. this is incredibly insulting. 

Pretending there was nobody else there is insulting to everyone else's intelligence.

Compromising the biosecurity protocols for the Competition is insulting to the Sport and their competitors.

I said sadly it reinforces a stereotype, not that I agree with it in the slightest, which has continually been used to beat Fev Rovers throughout recent history. I would have hoped the management would want to challenge that at every opportunity.

Instead this feels incredibly tinpot - though I suspect given the mutual "agreement" mentioned by the RFL press release, this public attitude may just be a sop to their own fans whereas in private they're far more concerned and conciliatory.

Edited by Tommygilf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Pretending there was nobody else there is insulting to everyone else's intelligence.

Compromising the biosecurity protocols for the Competition is insulting to the Sport and their competitors.

I said sadly it reinforces a stereotype, not that I agree with it in the slightest, which has continually been used to beat Fev Rovers throughout recent history. I would have hoped the management would want to challenge that at every opportunity.

Instead this feels incredibly tinpot - though I suspect given the mutual "agreement" mentioned by the RFL press release, this public attitude may just be a sop to their own fans whereas in private they're far more concerned and conciliatory.

Who knows ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

It does make you wonder at the sudden exits of two senior executives of their own volition. Is/was there an internal culture that they could no longer tolerate?

I think there may well have been 4 who went around the same time (CEO, Football Manager, Finance Manager and Head of Comms), although one departure had already been announced in February with 1 of the others following him to BCAFC.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Do we know how the pictures got out in the first place?

It was on a players/member of staffs' snapchat story initially, I forget whose exactly.

That gets seen by x and seen by y and suddenly its on twitter/facebook and the Authorities have seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MattSantos said:

It should be, apart from a 10k fine, no real punishment. It should galvanise the team, it will the fans!! 

Its going to depend on next seasons structure. No point having a playoff final if they decide to promote 2 clubs so it would mean a change to the structure and I can't see them having 2 finals with Fev and Toulouse in different ones as it would be really unfair on both of them. Afterall I fancy Halifax's chances of beating either of the top 2 in a one off game where as having to beat both of them I simply can not see happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its going to depend on next seasons structure. No point having a playoff final if they decide to promote 2 clubs so it would mean a change to the structure a

Potential for top team to get automatic promotion, with the play-off's changing to 2nd to 6th, for the other promo spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its going to depend on next seasons structure. No point having a playoff final if they decide to promote 2 clubs so it would mean a change to the structure and I can't see them having 2 finals with Fev and Toulouse in different ones as it would be really unfair on both of them. Afterall I fancy Halifax's chances of beating either of the top 2 in a one off game where as having to beat both of them I simply can not see happening.

Well if two go up one would go up as champions and you´d have the playoffs as normal no? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So those nasty police,who weren't even from south Yorkshire, told fibs about being obstructed,but there was obstruction of the governing body of the sport yet it results in only this,hardly condign,punishment.

https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/health/coronavirus/featherstone-rovers-chiefs-say-theyve-been-vindicated-after-club-escapes-further-punishment-over-alleged-covid-breach-3298716

The publicity for the sport is overwhelming.Again.

     No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Its 13 pages of Fev bashing basically, I'll put my 2p in, cheers. 

It's like they've done nothing wrong.

Sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong.

  • Like 4

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm glad we lost on Sunday, imagine the points %loss we would have suffered then. It seems strange that when this was brought to the RFL's attention  in March, yet they've waited until after the Toulouse game to announce the punishment. Now I might be a bit slow on the uptake here, but I thought the Police were the guardians of the law, because about 6 weeks ago their attempt to close all the bars in the club, and revoke it's licence due to lack of cooperation was over turned by the council. Anyway I'm happy because the RFL aren't getting rid of Fev or it's supporters anytime soon. So carry on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Griff said:

It's like they've done nothing wrong.

Sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up and admit you got it wrong.

Try reading the story on the Fev Forum, every other fan should move on and that the RFL are out to get them and deny them promotion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bulls2487 said:

Try reading the story on the Fev Forum, every other fan should move on and that the RFL are out to get them and deny them promotion.

In other sports, folk would have been disqualified from acting as directors or officials if they were caught deceiving the governing body.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

What is against the laws of the RFL, may not be for the council or police. Look at John Terry and the FA.

Oooh, look........................over there!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, wasginger said:

I'm glad we lost on Sunday, imagine the points %loss we would have suffered then. It seems strange that when this was brought to the RFL's attention  in March, yet they've waited until after the Toulouse game to announce the punishment. Now I might be a bit slow on the uptake here, but I thought the Police were the guardians of the law, because about 6 weeks ago their attempt to close all the bars in the club, and revoke it's licence due to lack of cooperation was over turned by the council. Anyway I'm happy because the RFL aren't getting rid of Fev or it's supporters anytime soon. So carry on.

The WMDC meeting to discuss the police request to revoke the alcohol licence was on 6th July, 4 weeks ago.  The RFL are unlikely to have done much formally before then in order not to prejudice any official investigation, so it's not unreasonable that any findings have just been announced. There's no conspiracy.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bulls2487 said:

Try reading the story on the Fev Forum, every other fan should move on and that the RFL are out to get them and deny them promotion.

To be fair, most posters are accepting the penalties.

Sure, there are a couple of paranoids saying "everyone's against us", but that's not the majority view.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Skids said:

All those involved are a disgrace, particularly Campbell and senior members of the club that were there. They quite clearly tried to cover up their irresponsible actions.


If the council did their job properly, they would have taken action. No doubt the club has friends there, what other explanation could there be.

You seem to have all the answers so tell us what the explanation is!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...