NRL Match thread Round 4 2021 - Don't forget the Monday game this week

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Harrigan said:

I don't want to make excuses because we still need to be better but we had 6 out today and lost another 3 in game including our five eight after 5 mins. We had one half back, a backup hooker playing at 6 and a young back rower making his debut playing 9 all game. For a team that already has very little quality depth we're never going to compete with so many out against a team aiming for a top 2 finish this year.

Also at 20-0 they had scored 3 breakaway tries and we had been held up a metre short 3 times. The score didn't reflect the effort but it's an indication of where we are and the work that needs to be done.

The biggest negative I have is that we dominated the first 30 minutes and I don't think a centre got a decent pass until about the 35th. There was no balance in our play.

I did like Allen at centre and Cotric back on the wing in the second half though. It looked semi dangerous at times.

But hey, at least it gets easier next week. It's only the Storm 😭

Sorry @Harrigan, might have been held up, but I don’t think the bunnies defence was ever tested. They were in control in defence the whole time. 

I reckon you’re in for some major, major misery. I wish it were Brisbane again

Morning all! I wasn't getting out of bed at 6am for Canterbury in their current form, but listened to second half ABC commentary.

For most years of the teams' existence, Melbourne v Brisbane would be one of the biggest games around. Let's hope the Broncos can shew some backbone today.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Storm have personalised jumpers for milestones. You can see the Fox is wearing one as well

Ex9KddrU4AUqBTd?format=jpg&name=large

Think that’s common for all the clubs these days. Well worth doing when the time comes to sell the jumper 😂

Coates outruns the Fox to score for Brisbane!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Graham said:

Addo Carr not the fastest player out there. Coates break and outpaced him with ease.

Scores a great try pouncing on a loose ball 

Two risky passes before it got to Coates, but it paid off.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived