I don’t regularly follow the golf but I always enjoy watching the masters . Just the whole spectacle , with the amphitheatre like course and and how they present it . It really is unique 

On 01/04/2021 at 09:05, Gerrumonside ref said:

Anyone been watching the golf?

Most people usually have an opinion on the Masters at Augusta which is just around the corner.

Be interesting to see how Rory McIlroy fares as he’s been struggling of late after trying to bulk up like top American Bryce DeChambeau for extra power.

Hi, yes I watch the golf.

I saw the matchplay last week and will be watching the Masters.

I like Bryson Dechambeau.

Who do you like watching?

15 hours ago, Niels said:

Hi, yes I watch the golf.

I saw the matchplay last week and will be watching the Masters.

I like Bryson Dechambeau.

Who do you like watching?

I must admit I’ve tended just to watch the Majors and the Ryder Cup in the past, and have supported the European golfers or any underdog story.

Recently though I’ve decided to pay more attention to the PGA Tour so watched TPC Sawgrass, the WGC Matchplay and am currently following the Valero Texas Open at TPC San Antonio.

Bryson DeChambeau is an interesting story, he’s worked out to go for extra power and yardage off the tee it seems from what the American pundits tell me.  Yet a couple of other golfers like Rory McIlroy have tried to copy him, but it appears to have affected the balance of their swing etc.

I’m hoping Tommy Fleetwood can do well as he has had to battle back and it seems Jordan Spieth is rediscovering form ahead of the Masters in both the current tournament and the previous one.

25 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

I've just bought myself some lovely new bats.

Single figures here i come... 

per hole?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Been watching the first two rounds of the Masters golf and it’s still wide open at this stage with a couple of the big names circling around Justin Rose now who leads at -7.

Justin Thomas and the revived Jordan Spieth will both fancy their chances now at just a couple behind with lots of other names in the mix too.

The power hitter Bryson DeChambeau might be six shots off the lead, but he shot a -5 second round and time is on his side.

Conditions for Saturday are forecast to be gusty which favours those with better ball control over the big hitters, but anything could happen from here.

Well, the blustery conditions certainly blew off course the field and kept scores modest at the start of yesterday with pre tournament favourite and big hitter Bryson DeChambeau among those affected.

It seemed though when the klaxon sounded for play to resume at Augusta following the passing of the storm which halted play, that Hideki Matsuyama grasped the change in conditions the best with the extra grip on the greens that the added moisture had brought.

He scored heavily on the back nine with phenomenal iron play in particular scoring an eagle as well as 4 birdies to move to -11 with a 4 shot lead over Justin Rose, Xander Schauffele, Marc Leishman and young Will Zalatoris.

Corey Connors of Canada and Jordan Spieth are five and six shots back but can’t be ruled out either - it’s probably too far back for the rest.

I have just ordered my first set of clubs. I have always watched the majors and thought when I reach a certain point in life I would have a crack at golf.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Bit annoyed yesterday by the weather break as I was all settled I for the evening.

No work for me tomorrow so I will watch the last round unfold.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Keep the receipt 

Nah. Sat here watching the Masters and it looks ###### easy. I expect to be on the senior tour in 2 years, 3 tops.

• 3 months later...

Disappointed with Dechambeau,  I was looking forward to his mighty hits but the course just doesn't suit him. Hope Speith wins, seems a real gent.

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Disappointed with Dechambeau,  I was looking forward to his mighty hits but the course just doesn't suit him. Hope Speith wins, seems a real gent.

He’s been very wayward for sure even in gentle conditions.

I guess links play has usually rewarded fairway accuracy from the tee as the rough is like nothing most of these guys play regularly on the PGA Tour.

I’m really hoping for an exciting final round.

Sky seem obsessed with Mcilroy and cheerleading for him , telling us constantly he can do this and that when in reality his game just isn’t there to do the miraculous stuff they talk about …. 
Personally I like Rose and Fleetwood , but most of all I hope a European puts up a challenge to Louis and the Americans at the top.

Archived