Sat 3 Apr: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull FC KO 12:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/04/21 at 11:45

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a fairly accomplished performance last week the old Hull would almost certainly have turned up to this one and put in a sub par performance. Hodgson's Hull seem to have a different feel about them though. We looked hungry last week and all of the noises coming out of the club sound very promising.

If we turn in another committed defensive performance last week then we should have too much quality for a Salford side who are workmanlike but lack a bit of a cutting edge imo. I'm looking forward to seeing the Connor, Reynolds and Sneyd combination again and hopefully we can continue to show improvement.

Hull by 18

1 hour ago, MZH said:

After a fairly accomplished performance last week the old Hull would almost certainly have turned up to this one and put in a sub par performance. Hodgson's Hull seem to have a different feel about them though. We looked hungry last week and all of the noises coming out of the club sound very promising.

If we turn in another committed defensive performance last week then we should have too much quality for a Salford side who are workmanlike but lack a bit of a cutting edge imo. I'm looking forward to seeing the Connor, Reynolds and Sneyd combination again and hopefully we can continue to show improvement.

Hull by 18

One match in

7 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

One match in

I'm not just basing it on the match though. All pre season I've been very impressed with the way Hodgson has spoken and the players seem to have really taken to him and bought into what he wants to do. I also think Reynolds and his attitude have been a very good influence in the dressing room.

Maybe in a couple of months we will all be saying same old Hull, but I don't think so.

As they are both playing away from Home, Salford have the least distance to travel.

I have to say how against the idea of forcing all 12 SL teams to play at the same stadium, with a possibility of cross-infecting later teams, and reducing Home advantage to lower ranked teams. Saints are playing their "Away" game v HKR at their "Home" stadium, if the Covid problems are relaxed, would they play their "Away" game at HKR?

No point debating this one as far as I can see every journo and his wife have gone for 'ull upon Kingston on this match.

Hardly worth turning up then!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Am hoping this will be a decent game.

I watched Hull against York a few weeks ago, and although it was only a friendly against part timers, they looked like they had some good attacking shape, and played with nice structure. 

Always hope to see Salford do well too, and early in the season their smallish squad should be reasonably intact/full strength. They scrap for everything, so can hopefully stay in the game.

Hull should have too much for them in attack I reckon.

59 minutes ago, The storm said:

Hull fans always talk like this. 

Same with Warrington fans 

Deluded 

If you can't be positive at the start of the season with a new coach and a good performance in week one, when can you be?

2 hours ago, The storm said:

Hull fans always talk like this. 

Same with Warrington fans 

Deluded 

Haha, that couldn't be further from the truth.

I suggest you keep a check on any posts, past, present and future from Ullman and my good self.

We're nothing if we're not realistic, I've even been accused of being overly pessimistic.

Sadly, I've watched Hull FC for long enough not to be anything else.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Salfords new coach, unlike their previous one, you suspect is not as enterprising, if Salford lose this and there next 2/3 games I think the alarm bells could go off.  Hull by 18.

33 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Does anyone know which radio stations have this on as I don't have sky? 

There's a choice: https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/radio 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Haha, that couldn't be further from the truth.

I suggest you keep a check on any posts, past, present and future from Ullman and my good self.

We're nothing if we're not realistic, I've even been accused of being overly pessimistic.

Sadly, I've watched Hull FC for long enough not to be anything else.

I was a bit surprised by that one too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 minutes ago, DG70 said:

For a team containing the likes of Brown, Lolohea, Watkins, Sarginson, Salford offer nothing in attack, thats down to the coach am afraid.

Hes only been there a few weeks to be fair to him.

Archived