Sat 3 Apr: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Catalans Dragons KO 14:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/04/21 at 14:00

More claret - the Catalans players are a bit leaky today. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Thaler has remembered cannonballs aren't allowed this week. Maloney should have said he was falling.

I thought cannonball was just from the side but ok from behind? Even though I'm against this tackling technique

15 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Thaler has remembered cannonballs aren't allowed this week. Maloney should have said he was falling.

It's headshots that are fine this week.

You'd assume the players would have got the memo.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

Great try by Catalan. You just knew Davies was going to get ankle tapped... 😂

Good chase, but in vain.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great try Wardle really unlucky after a great chase.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Tompkins had a very influential 1st 40.  Two assists plus crucial try saver when it looked like JMcG would power through.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

18 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

6-20 Catalan. HT. 

That scoreline seems pretty one sided to anyone not watching the game, yet there's hardly anything in it, dragons have probably made more metres and possibly had more possession, the big difference is that they've turned their pressure into points and our last tackle options have been pretty poor.

I don't think we've played bad at all, but a couple of defensive lapses and a great try at the end is the difference.

Just hoping our heads don't drop too much and we know what happened to Catalans last week.

6 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Tompkins (sp) had a very influential 1st 40.  Two assists plus crucial try saver when it looked like JMcG would power through.

He gets a lot of stick, especially from a section of our support who seem to hate his mere presence, but he's class, defensively and offensively.

As Terry would say "quality inte"

6 minutes ago, meast said:

That scoreline seems pretty one sided to anyone not watching the game, yet there's hardly anything in it, dragons have probably made more metres and possibly had more possession, the big difference is that they've turned their pressure into points.

I don't think we've played bad at all, but a couple of defensive lapses and a great try at the end is the difference.

Just hoping our heads don't drop too much and we know what happened to Catalans last week.

If Catalans complete their sets, they will win comfortably, as they are dangerous with the ball. They are an attacking, dynamic team reliant on scoring plenty of points to win. They do tend to need 20+ points lead after 60 minutes though, so this game is far from over.

Just now, dkw said:

Maloney is terrible, Catalans are winning in spite of him rather than because of him.

How true.  Wild pass then head high challenge gives Shudds the leg-up they need.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Maloney is terrible, Catalans are winning in spite of him rather than because of him.

Although it is fine margins. Another couple of inches in height and that was a stroll in. I guess the point you are making is that he is paid to make the pass complete. His discipline is lacking like many of his team mates. 

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

He certainly isnt having a great game here today. His goal kicking is on point however his all round game isn't what You would expect from a Player who was a Top NRL Half Back two seasons ago.

Archived