Fri 2 Apr-Sun 4 Apr: Betfred Championship Week 1 Match Thread

Discuss the opening weekend of the Betfred Championship here.

Fri 2 Apr: Halifax Panthers v London Broncos KO 17:00 (OuRLeague)

Fri 2 Apr: Oldham v Swinton Lions KO 17:15 (OuRLeague)

Fri 2 Apr: Featherstone Rovers v Batley Bulldogs KO 19:30 (OuRLeague)

Sat 3 Apr: York City Knights v Toulouse Olympique KO 16:30 (OuRLeague)

Sat 3 Apr: Dewsbury Rams v Whitehaven KO 19:30 (OuRLeague)

Sun 4 Apr: Sheffield Eagles v Bradford Bulls KO 12:45 (OuRLeague)

Sun 4 Apr: Newcastle Thunder v Widnes Vikings KO 17:15 (OuRLeague)

• John Drake changed the title to Fri 2 Apr-Sun 4 Apr: Betfred Championship Week 1 Match Thread
  • John Drake pinned this topic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss the opening weekend of the Betfred Championship here.

Fri 2 Apr: Halifax Panthers v London Broncos KO 17:00 (OuRLeague)

Fri 2 Apr: Oldham v Swinton Lions KO 17:15 (OuRLeague)

Fri 2 Apr: Featherstone Rovers v Batley Bulldogs KO 19:30 (OuRLeague)

Sat 3 Apr: York City Knights v Toulouse Olympique KO 16:30 (OuRLeague)

Sat 3 Apr: Dewsbury Rams v Whitehaven KO 19:30 (OuRLeague)

Sun 4 Apr: Sheffield Eagles v Bradford Bulls KO 12:45 (OuRLeague)

Sun 4 Apr: Newcastle Thunder v Widnes Vikings KO 17:15 (OuRLeague)

London

SwintonĀ 

FeatherstoneĀ 

York

WhitehavenĀ 

BradfordĀ 

WidnesĀ 

I am dreading this game, because with no Jarrod Sammut, London are short on playmakers. I fear the worst Halifax Panthers 30- London Broncos 6 šŸ˜Ÿ

I have the feeling we will be looking at the wrong end of the table in 2021

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell
Ā 
image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or womenā€™s phone numbers but not both

2 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I am dreading this game, because with no Jarrod Sammut, London are short on playmakers. I fear the worst Halifax Panthers 30- London Broncos 6 šŸ˜Ÿ

Your youngsters did very well against us last week in the cup and will be better for that run out.

11 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

To make you feel a little better watch the Fax game against Batley the other week. You might change your prediction then.Ā šŸ¤£

First off well played Halifax you beat what's in front of you and, if anything, there must some disappointment about the points not scored. I apolgise for underestimating the size of your winning margin.

As for the London Broncos, I have watched the Club for over a quarter of a century, in which I have also watched a heap of NRL, Super League and International RL. I have never, ever seen a London side that poor taking the field, the tries conceded were schoolboy errors, and if there are some posters on here who think that people will flock to pay Ā£ 25 to watch a Championship 1 side renting a shiny stadium at exorbitant cost. Then you need to be sectioned under the mental health act.

That is all I am too angry to continue.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell
Ā 
image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or womenā€™s phone numbers but not both

We looked a lot better now we have started to get a bit more beef in the pack which was badly lacking against Batley. I said before the season if we can have some luck we injuries we could surprise a few people where we finish. Still a few players to come back in but that was a promisin showing.

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

First off well played Halifax you beat what's in front of you and, if anything, there must some disappointment about the points not scored. I apolgise for underestimating the size of your winning margin.

As for the London Broncos, I have watched the Club for over a quarter of a century, in which I have also watched a heap of NRL, Super League and International RL. I have never, ever seen a London side that poor taking the field, the tries conceded were schoolboy errors, and if there are some posters on here who think that people will flock to pay Ā£ 25 to watch a Championship 1 side renting a shiny stadium at exorbitant cost. Then you need to be sectioned under the mental health act.

That is all I am too angry to continue.

No qualms about the Halifax win, looked and played like a team, solid across the board.Ā Far better for the 80 minutes (and probably the rest of the season). Iā€™d disagree however about the as poor as seen in the last 25 years. Weā€™ve had far better quality teams that have played far worse (all season).Ā That was a team that in parts is playing close to its best. Itā€™ll be a long season.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Workmanlike win by Fev, again dominated in terms of yardage gained but Batley hung in there and took their chances well, Fev not helped by missing four goal kicks, and need to be a bit more clinical, fewer errors than last week but still a few crept in. Clearly potential for Fev to be one of the dominant teams in the league but not quite putting it together yet. Batley look better this year than last, certainly better at half back, and should win plenty of games.

Oldham looked good against Swinton yesterday. Had to juggle the selection around with early injuries but dominated in the end with 18 unanswered second half points. Some dubious (polite) refereeing aside it made for a good game.

Roughyeds are away atĀ Batley next (Saturday 17th)Ā in another winnable game.

I bought a ticket for the York v Toulouse stream on OurLeague yesterday but it now looks like I wonā€™t be able to watch the match. Does anyone know if the On Demand feature on OurLeagueĀ hosts the full match later or just highlights? Also when do they usually put them up?

Just now, damp squib said:

I bought a ticket for the York v Toulouse stream on OurLeague yesterday but it now looks like I wonā€™t be able to watch the match. Does anyone know if the On Demand feature on OurLeagueĀ hosts the full match later or just highlights? Also when do they usually put them up?

Replays are available - they are full matches - I can access all the streams Iā€™ve paid for so far. How long after the game they are available Iā€™m unsureĀ 

Archived