Fri 2 Apr-Sun 4 Apr: Betfred Championship Week 1 Match Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Who’s going to stop Toulouse this year? Their pack is exceptional for the Championship. Can see it being a bit of a procession. 

Thing with the championship is you never know. Clearly going to be close to being a Fev and Toulouse battle all season with potential banana skins along the way places like Batley aren’t an easy place to go and if you take them lightly you may come unstuck 

I’ve sung the praises of OurLeague live streaming on here before, but it has blobbed badly today, the Sheffield v Bradford game has been a blank screen so far. 

8 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I’ve sung the praises of OurLeague live streaming on here before, but it has blobbed badly today, the Sheffield v Bradford game has been a blank screen so far. 

Probably for the better for you considering the score...

13 minutes ago, John Drake said:

RFL have just through Sheffield under a bus on this one 😳

”We are looking into issues with the streaming of this afternoon's fixture between Sheffield Eagles & Bradford Bulls.

The production of this fixture is being led by Sheffield, not the RFL, but we are continuing to work closely with the Eagles to try and find a solution”

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Probably for the better for you considering the score...

It’s not a massive shock having actually seen the previous games they’ve played so far this season. Unlike this one. 

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

”We are looking into issues with the streaming of this afternoon's fixture between Sheffield Eagles & Bradford Bulls.

The production of this fixture is being led by Sheffield, not the RFL, but we are continuing to work closely with the Eagles to try and find a solution”

It’s working now... just in time for half time. 

1 minute ago, RBKnight said:

Just seen Danny Brough get 10 minutes for being Danny Brough 😂

Consistency is not always a virtue.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

54 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Some real hatred for the RFL on FB judging by the comments on FB against this statement 😳

22 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Betts looks like Santa these days

I think it is a contractual obligation that he has to look like that.  It's the Santa clause.

...I'll get my coat...

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Some real hatred for the RFL on FB judging by the comments on FB against this statement 😳

Massive over-reactions? On the internet, of all places? Blimey!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

53 minutes ago, dkw said:

At least you'll get to see the highlights..

Well, Bradford had a good two minutes in that game. 🙈

As if it wasn't bad enough losing 50-12, OurLeague scoreboard is making it worse showing the result as 60-12. 💩

35 minutes ago, John Drake said:

As if it wasn't bad enough losing 50-12, OurLeague scoreboard is making it worse showing the result as 60-12. 💩

They must have counted the missed goal kicks lol. 

24 minutes ago, RBKnight said:

Bradford's poor display aside, I thought Eagles were great today. They play a very entertaining style of rugby. 

Why aren't clubs knocking on the door to get Mark Aston? Cas should have him signed up as soon as Powell gave notice. He builds cultures with players that no one else wants. Sheffield always punch above their weight.

48 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Man that's a tough way to start a season.

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its obviously early doors but with Bradford and London seemingly been big favs to make the top 6, I wonder how many people have changed their minds after judging their first few performances?

Give a couple of weeks to settle down and get up to speed and we'll have a good idea who's who

16 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its obviously early doors but with Bradford and London seemingly been big favs to make the top 6, I wonder how many people have changed their minds after judging their first few performances?

Favourites with the bookies, but not necessarily with those of us with 'eyes to see'. I don't see either us or London in the Top 6 at the end of the season, and I thought that before the season started.

That said,  I didn't foresee us getting gubbed by 50 at Sheffield 😳 The proverbial 'wake up call' if ever there was one...

20 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

judging by that one , yes fax you may have a chance of making the 6 

Archived