Swinton(h) First League game

m brooksy

Huge first game of the season. Last week's loss was very disappointing and we'll be looking to overturn that result.

Hewitt is back and you'd assume he's a straight replacement for Barran at scrum half. Looking at the rest of the squad it seems very likely to be almost the same team again. If we complete our sets and focus on the forward game I think we can win. If we let Ridyard and Hansen dictate the game again it could be a very frustrating game once again.

COME ON OLDHAM

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, shaw llewellyn said:

It has been said elsewhere that we have not seen the best of Abram at fullback. Hope he was watching Ryan Papenhuyzen at Melbourne this morning for tips.

After watching Papenhuyzen's performance this morning I feel like I've had my money's worth out of today already!

If there was a video ref we'd be all over this game. As last week good rumbling forward, some good defence in their half, but little penetration or nous attacking their lie. I think Diskin did the right thing dropping Danny Langtree to the bench - to give a marker to the players that they can't play rubbish and get an automatic place in the starting line up. The difference - apart from the abysmal refereeing is that one team has a sharp kicking game eg Ridyard's 40-20, and we don't. 

I don't know what Diskin put in the cups of tea at half time, but I wouldn't mind a pint of whatever it was !  Seriously. Well done lads. What a come-back ! 

Outstanding character. Considering Swinton were gifted three dodgy tries, then robbed of one themselves in the second half, and Ben Heaton's first was either miraculous or not a try...that was a real nail biter. Outstanding character from the Roughyeds. Losing a half back didn't phase them. Gregory did a job. Ince was very strong. Abram's best game for us that I can recall. Langtree and Heaton as a partnership is looking good. Hewitt suddenly discovered a kicking game in the last 15 minutes. But the forwards won it; immense throughout. I suspect that we would have lost that, last season. Fabulous win. Joint top of the league!!! I think we should end the season now!

Fantastic character to come back from the bad decisions first half and not lose our heads or the will to win , had our share of decisions second half but Swinton given 3 tries to our 1 brilliant performance and I've been critical of Abram but he was superb today great win and we'll deserved

Archived