Swinton(h) First League game

m brooksy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am with a lot on here swinton were given 3 tries that were. one held up/ two a double movement/ and three the biggest joke in my 69 years of watching rugby league.

and to 3 players i have called in the past,  ABRAM/ OWEN/HEWITT/ they all had blinders.

playing down the slope in the second half our forwords destroyed swinton just a great win i am now going to enjoy my bottle of whiskey.  

What a great win with some stern adversity. Brierley pulling out in the warm up forced a change even before kick off with Holcroft coming in and then Charnock off very early forced Owen into the halves and Gregory to play the rest of the game at hooker.

Poor ref had a Barry Crocker. Those 3 Swinton tries definitely weren't tries but then Heaton's first try looked extremely dodgy and then he disallowed a perfectly good try for Lloyd. That pen try decision is one of the worst of all time.

For Swinton I thought Hansen's kicking game was superb. Long kicks found the ground and short kicks were always a threat.

Finding it hard to pick out individuals as they all contributed. Reilly was excellent again and Bridgey looked much more comfortable on the left. Thought Hewitt showed some lovely touches especially the lofted pass for Ince's was delightful but also had some very dodgy kicks. Abram was much improved after a few poor performances. Dupree will give away stupid penalties and make daft decisions but he's a game breaker and potential match winner and his strip and steal try was vital for us winning. Heaton is a massive threat out wide and we need to provide him more ball in the opposition 20 as he looks dangerous every carry. Gregory was excellent as well and has proved to be a great alternative to Owen.

Get in.

3 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Is this referee taking the ######. A try no evidence of grounding given. A penalty try.A double movement. I don't like slagging off referees but this is beyond a joke!

3 hours ago, YoungYed said:

This is a shocking referee performance. Waterworth never got the ball down, Lloyd was a double movement and the penalty try actually speechless 

3 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

If it was a penalty try then it should have been two kicks. 

3 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

I concur, ref has gifted Swinton the lead.  Double movement,  held up over the line and a penalty try for what?

3 hours ago, chiefgeneral said:

Joke reffing

3 hours ago, Oldham 1 said:

3 totally bizarre tries to have given against us hard to fault the boys efforts when we should be up 10 6 terrible refereeing simply incompetent 

2 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Outstanding character. Considering Swinton were gifted three dodgy tries,

2 hours ago, Chorlton Pete said:

Very dodgy ref.

2 hours ago, tandle said:

i am with a lot on here swinton were given 3 tries that were. one held up/ two a double movement/ and three the biggest joke in my 69 years of watching rugby league.

58 minutes ago, chiefgeneral said:

I thought 3 swinton trys were debatable 

25 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Poor ref had a Barry Crocker. Those 3 Swinton tries definitely weren't tries but then Heaton's first try looked extremely dodgy and then he disallowed a perfectly good try for Lloyd. That pen try decision is one of the worst of all time.

Sounds outrageous.

What were the circumstances of the third Lions try that is described as "the worst of all time" and "the biggest joke in my 69 years of watching Rugby League"? 

19 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Sounds outrageous.

What were the circumstances of the third Lions try that is described as "the worst of all time" and "the biggest joke in my 69 years of watching Rugby League"? 

Kick over the top bounced off foot of the post the oldham defender got to Hansen as he collected the ball, and assume ref given high tackle as he was about to fall over the line, penalty try given 

I couldn’t even begin to guess what the reason was. Complete mystery to me. As mentioned elsewhere Swinton had two tries that shouldn’t have been; Oldham very probably had one. Swinton had one disallowed that should have been. I genuinely don’t like criticising referees- thankless and difficult job; but this performance was a shocker. Credit to both teams that they kept their cool and concentrated on playing the game.

Great second half performance. What a difference a week makes looked so much better in attack Hewitt and Abram looked dangerous every time they took on the line. Couldn’t be happier with that performance backed the lads even with the dodgy calls. I think the standard of refereeing is getting worse it feels like when they make a mistake they’ve got to even it up and that’s been majority of games I’ve seen this season. I know it’s impossible in league one but I like the challenge rule in NRL where the captain knows the referee makes a mistake. Gone a bit off topic but just happy with the win and not being negative for a change.

The lads did superb yesterday. Especially considering we lost Brierley in the warm-up and Charnock early doors, meaning Gregory playing longer minutes and Owen moving into the halves. 

The referee had a poor game but after watching the second half again on Our League, there can be no denying we were the better team. Hewitt dug into the line well and kicked wisely, Abram was effective when joining the attack and made us look dangerous, especially on that left edge.

The forwards ran strongly and made good meters, and yet again made good use of the change in the one-on-one stripping the ball rule, where two men drop off the tackle, allowing Dupree to nick it and go to the line.

The defence was strong again in our 20 meters and Ridyard had a much quieter game than last week. Ben Heaton played very well again and linked well with Langtree in the second half. There will be some welcome selection headaches for Diskin in the coming weeks.

🔴⚪🔴⚪

Great second half performance and well deserved win for the boys... unfortunately have to agree the ref was poor and for both sides, endless stoppage for chats to the players (whatever happened to make a decision and at best explain on the run). How he felt going to the touch judge who was further away than he was beggars belief for the penalty try.

hopefully Joy will return soon as the forwards look like they can boss teams just need that extra depth. Thought Hewett played well in patches and competition might actually help his game. Abram and Gregory look good players but concerned about there size.

great to see the guys play live and the wife thinks I’m mad getting up at 3am to watch our team. I do hope the streaming numbers stay good and continues past when fans can return 

47 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Dupree has been excellent. Fierce yardage. Good feet. Scored a 60 yard try yesterday. . Great attitude and will to win.. 

Good to hear, thought he'd be a great signing for you's. His go forward has always been excellent, for a big lad he's a good athlete.

2 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

Hows Tyler Dupree going for you? Always rated him in our Academy, was sad to see him leave.

He's doing really well, runs really direct and a real handful. Gave a few pens away but also turned the game. Fine player

2 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

Hows Tyler Dupree going for you? Always rated him in our Academy, was sad to see him leave.

Makes a massive impact coming on from the bench like how wardy did back in the day, only negative is his discipline isn’t the best but don’t mind that with his aggression.

17 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Sadly he is making some poor decisions. Agree with the above, but the late shoulder charge on Charnock was missed completely. If it was a penalty try then it should have been two kicks. 

Sorry, but you are wrong. A penalty try, awarded for a try-scoring opportunity being deliberately denied, results in just one kick from in front of the posts; a try which is scored whilst foul play was being committed earns an extra kick at goal, once again from in front of the posts. These are quite different.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived