Controversial post time.I expect it to be either moved,or be removed.

I am reading that HM Government and especially Boris Johnson are trying to push for”Health Passports”to show you have had the vaccine in order to gain access to events such as rugby league games.

Now I very firmly believe that it is the choice of the individual if they choose to have the vaccine or not.That believe it or not is democracy,something we should preserve at all costs.If one wants it,I defend the right for you to have it 💯 without fail.

Equally I WILL also defend 💯 without fail the right for people not to have the vaccine for the personal and unique reasons they may have.I by the way am in this camp. And I will NOT be going into the reasons why so don’t even go there.

Now I totally oppose the idea that in order to gain access to rugby league games and indeed other places like pubs,bars etc that you will need this,or be barred.

That in my opinion is blatant discrimination and frankly is a type of”Apartheid”which we all know(or should know)was an evil,inhumane way to treat a certain section and race of people in South Africa.It is no different to what is being proposed here,except perhaps not the colour of someone’s skin.

And is that something we want here?

And I think more importantly why aren’t rugby league clubs getting off the fence and declaring their hand,preferably opposing this idea without question.After all RL clubs tell us how inclusive they are and how much they oppose racism,hate crime and bigotry.So using that yardstick they should ALL speak up NOW.

1 minute ago, Robthegasman said:

I am reading that HM Government and especially Boris Johnson are trying to push for”Health Passports”to show you have had the vaccine in order to gain access to events such as rugby league games.

Now I very firmly believe that it is the choice of the individual if they choose to have the vaccine or not.That believe it or not is democracy,something we should preserve at all costs.If one wants it,I defend the right for you to have it 💯 without fail.

Equally I WILL also defend 💯 without fail the right for people not to have the vaccine for the personal and unique reasons they may have.I by the way am in this camp. And I will NOT be going into the reasons why so don’t even go there.

Now I totally oppose the idea that in order to gain access to rugby league games and indeed other places like pubs,bars etc that you will need this,or be barred.

That in my opinion is blatant discrimination and frankly is a type of”Apartheid”which we all know(or should know)was an evil,inhumane way to treat a certain section and race of people in South Africa.It is no different to what is being proposed here,except perhaps not the colour of someone’s skin.

And I think more importantly why aren’t rugby league clubs getting off the fence and declaring their hand,preferably opposing this idea without question.After all RL clubs tell us how inclusive they are and how much they oppose racism,hate crime and bigotry.So using that yardstick they should ALL speak up NOW.

I actually would support the idea, not just at rugby games but for international travel also.

Everyone still has the choice to have the vaccine or not. No one is saying you have to have the vaccine. However that choice has consequences, not just for that person but everyone they come into contact with and wider society. I see this as exactly the same as things like smoking where there are restrictions  in place to protect the wider public health. I also support the idea too if it allows society to function as normal and move on.

I’m not sold on vaccine passports but even if they don’t come in, I think there will still be places who restrict entry/access based on proof of vaccination status.

And that is entirely their right. Just like how, to compare anti vaxxers to dumb beasts, I have to prove my dog’s jabs are up to date before she can stay in a kennels.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Spidey said:

Pubs have always had to right to refuse service to anybody. Just saying

Rugby league clubs already restrict who can watch.

It’s called a ticket.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

Everyone still has the choice to have the vaccine or not. No one is saying you have to have the vaccine. However that choice has consequences, not just for that person but everyone they come into contact with and wider society. I see this as exactly the same as things like smoking where there are restrictions  in place to protect the wider public health. I also support the idea too if it allows society to function as normal and move on.

Smoking is different and yes it is absolutely right that it was banned in public places.It should have been banned many years prior in public.

But this is a step too far and crosses a line.

14 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I actually would support the idea, not just at rugby games but for international travel also.

International travel is different.

It would be up to the individual countries to decide if they insist visitors are vaccinated or not. And it is their right to call that one.That one is out of our hands.

24 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Agree with you generally here, this whole thing has gone too far and I would include international travel as an essential right. 

Having said all that this is how I saw it panning out right from the beginning, all the political opportunists and extremists and the likes of Tony Blair coming out of the woodwork to insist on IDs when it was something they wanted all along. 

We must not allow this to succeed. Write to your local MP 

5 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I don’t think that is entirely correct.

I concede it could be a very grey area

Is it not? I have heard just about every reason over the years for not being allowed into bars and clubs. The likes of wrong trainers, no shoes, too many lads in already, too young/too old to no real reason at all and the general not tonight mate.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

If the risk of transmission isn’t low enough and we want venues open then the passport proposal isn’t that out there, would people rather have the passport in place or venues remain closed?

That is the question for me and what I alluded to earlier. If vaccine passports allow society to open up and move forward, instead of remaining closed, then I am 100% for them.

23 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Agree with you generally here, this whole thing has gone too far and I would include international travel as an essential right. 

Having said all that this is how I saw it panning out right from the beginning, all the political opportunists and extremists and the likes of Tony Blair coming out of the woodwork to insist on IDs when it was something they wanted all along. 

We must not allow this to succeed. Write to your local MP 

Thank goodness someone here feels the same or similar.

Cheers bud.

If the vaccine helps society to get back to normal then I’m all for it. I notice all the anti vaxxers never actually want to go into any reasons why they don’t want it which I think tells you everything you need to know.

And to compare it to Apartheid is both wrong and deeply offensive.

People in this country are obsessed with rattling on about war every November yet when it’s their turn to make a sacrifice in a time of need they can’t be bothered to wear a mask or get an injection. All due to watching too many YouTube videos and believing @truther43868946 on twitter over health professionals and experts worldwide.

What a time to be alive.

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Somebody can choose not to get the vaccine, that's up to them. 

But don't come near me, especially in a confined space. Or I will reserve my right to give that person a smack. 

And I'm not even joking.

My right hook isn’t that good so can sit next to you in the pub for protection ?? 😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Somebody can choose not to get the vaccine, that's up to them. 

But don't come near me, especially in a confined space. Or I will reserve my right to give that person a smack. 

And I'm not even joking.

Define how near?

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

I have no doubt that the people who do not want the vaccine or the 'passport' will soon change their mind when they cannot travel to their favourite holiday destination abroad without one

I'm guessing Rob's still banned from the Politics sub-forum.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, John C H said:

If the vaccine helps society to get back to normal then I’m all for it. I notice all the anti vaxxers never actually want to go into any reasons why they don’t want it which I think tells you everything you need to know.

And to compare it to Apartheid is both wrong and deeply offensive.

People in this country are obsessed with rattling on about war every November yet when it’s their turn to make a sacrifice in a time of need they can’t be bothered to wear a mask or get an injection. All due to watching too many YouTube videos and believing @truther43868946 on twitter over health professionals and experts worldwide.

What a time to be alive.

Not everyone on YouTube is a crank.Indeed the subject I am talking about here has,yes been raised on YouTube.

And by whom I hear you ask?

David Icke?

Karen from Facebook?

Bill the butcher?

No.

None of the above.

This one has been from a Barrister,a Commercial Barrister based in London called Daniel Barnett who has done a video on this. And he has also been on LBC radio.

And he has suggested that Health Passports under current laws(ie The Equality Act 2010)would be illegal and unenforceable.Oh and he says before you slag him off as a crank,etc that he wants to have the vaccine.And of course that is his choice.

Archived