Dockhouse Rugby Show

7 hours ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

Think this should work thanks.

https://twitter.com/Dockhouse_Dave?s=08

Yes I remember the top. My god, don't sports tops from years ago look dated?. It's a bit like looking at an old shellsuit. Things are very different at Oldham rugby now unfortunately. All the very best with your show. It's great to have another independent rugby show. I'm also subscribed to Rugby AM. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Yes I remember the top. My god, don't sports tops from years ago look dated?. It's a bit like looking at an old shellsuit. Things are very different at Oldham rugby now unfortunately. All the very best with your show. It's great to have another independent rugby show. I'm also subscribed to Rugby AM. 

I had the red one also but it got pinched, that was even worse!! I actually quite liked the away kit.

I went Oldham couple of years ago when my lad played, it isn't the same club, it's like a large amatuer club compared to what it was 

2 hours ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

I had the red one also but it got pinched, that was even worse!! I actually quite liked the away kit.

I went Oldham couple of years ago when my lad played, it isn't the same club, it's like a large amatuer club compared to what it was 

When we lost Watersheddings we lost the club. Or we might as well have done. It did irreparable damage to Rugby league in Oldham. I still live about a 15 minute walk from where the stadium used to be. There are houses there now, I still look towards the area imagining the stadium still being there. Normally brings a lump to the throat. 

19 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

When we lost Watersheddings we lost the club. Or we might as well have done. It did irreparable damage to Rugby league in Oldham. I still live about a 15 minute walk from where the stadium used to be. There are houses there now, I still look towards the area imagining the stadium still being there. Normally brings a lump to the throat. 

I loved the place, we used to have a training ground at the back, we sold that then we trained on the greyhound track, then we sold that, and we trained on watersheddings, it was still winter rugby then as we used to mess up the pitch! 

Very sad the club didn't push on after that 

I'd love our Jamie to play a game for Oldham, like going full circle.

Would you be able to give this video a thumbs up on YouTube will really help him looking for a new contract.

On 08/08/2021 at 19:00, David Dockhouse Host said:

Not strictly Dockhouse related but highlights of my lad. He's had a tough couple of years due to covid and several injuries but he's now injury free and working towards fitness.

His contract comes to an end this year and his highlights help promote him, it really helps when people like👍and leave a comment as it bumps the video and helps us try to get another contract.

Please give it a click, a like and a comment on YouTube if you could please 🙏will be very much appreciated

Liked on YouTube. Good luck to him.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

I loved the place, we used to have a training ground at the back, we sold that then we trained on the greyhound track, then we sold that, and we trained on watersheddings, it was still winter rugby then as we used to mess up the pitch! 

Very sad the club didn't push on after that 

I'd love our Jamie to play a game for Oldham, like going full circle.

Would you be able to give this video a thumbs up on YouTube will really help him looking for a new contract.

Done mate, all the best to him. 

Two shows recorded last night with former ref Ian Smith 👍

Topics - SL restructure and the disciplinary process, two hot topics and tweeted by Sky Sports this morning 😁 

Due out hopefully later today, Ian is brilliant company and know so much about the inner workings I learn more every time we chat - he's a great guy and works so hard for State of Mind charity 👏also a good follow on Twitter 

If you use Twitter please follow Dockhouse Dave - https://twitter.com/Dockhouse_Dave?s=08

Another shout out, our Jamie's highlights getting plenty hits, need to try to raise the video interest, oddly this is a modern way of finding a new club, all changed since I played ! If you could just click the link, give a thumbs up please and maybe leave a comment it will really help, then it's down to him to do the business, thanks to those who liked so far 👍 also been tweeting this so any retweets gratefully received 🙏

PS- I'd love him to play for Oldham, just need to get Watersheddings re built 😁

Those interested in upcoming talent I'd recommend subscribing @SMTMUK on YouTube, Craig is the largest agent of young talent and really supportive, he creates videos to showcase the talent so it's the best way of seeing these players just before they break through 👏Lewis Dodd being just one of them

if you follow Jamie's video and click subscribe 👍

Dockhouse Rugby Show – List of Episodes

List below to some of our episodes with direct quick links  

Super League Restructure - SL Restructure

Rugby League World Cup Postponed - RLWC2021 no 2022

World Cup in Doubt - RLWC In doubt

How St Helens Won the Challenge Cup - Challenge Cup Final

Women’s Rugby League is Back - Womens RL 2021

One sport, two set of rules? Super League and NRL (Short) - 1 Sport - 2 Set of Rules?

Refs view of the modern ruck (Short) - Modern Ruck

The Life of a Super League Ref (Special) - Life of a SL Ref - Ian Smith Special

Remembering Clive Sullivan - Tribute to Clive Sullivan

Bring Back the Grubber (Short) - The Grubber!

Rugby League Development - RL Pathways, Academies and development

Rugby Show Main Link - The Rugby Show Episodes

Update -  we have a show recorded due out next week on the disciplinary process with Ian Smith explaining how it works 💪💪

We really need more subscribers to justify our use of the studio, so would appreciate if you could go on the link and tap 'subscribe' it will help us and the video will show in your YouTube feed once up. ✅

Would be great if you could share some of the episodes with friends, family or share on social media if this is of interest.

Thanks so much for all your support so far, we may not be as slick as Sky Sports presenters but we desperately need more RL media content however small 

A fantastic night with plenty of laughs recording this weeks episode of the DockHouse Rugby Show🎙️, with our special guest, who is the UK’s leading Rugby league publisher, with League express, Rugby League 🏉 world and totalrl.com, it's our very own Marvelous Martyn Sadler. 👍

We discuss all things, Rugby League inc SL Restructure, participation numbers and RLWC2021, with some fun 'no context' questions 😁

Please subscribe here (link below) to get first access to the show due out Friday morning.

Please also follow Dockhouse Rugby Show on Instagram and Dockhouse Dave and Keith Hyland on twitter

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxE2HKdRQnvg4PJLj2Z52mQlG_gD1_1i7

A fantastic night with plenty of laughs recording this weeks episode of the DockHouse Rugby Show🎙️, with our special guest, who is the UK’s leading Rugby league publisher, with League express, Rugby League 🏉 world and totalrl.com, it's our very own Marvelous Martyn Sadler. 👍

We discuss all things, Rugby League inc SL Restructure, participation numbers and RLWC2021, with some fun 'no context' questions 😁

Please subscribe here (link below) to get first access to the show due out Friday morning.

Please also follow Dockhouse Rugby Show on Instagram and Dockhouse Dave and Keith Hyland on twitter

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxE2HKdRQnvg4PJLj2Z52mQlG_gD1_1i7

Just watched a few of the videos above and I thoroughly enjoyed them.

What I particularly liked was the calm relaxed and I guess quietly confident manner of presentation. A thoughtful discussion or Q&A rather than some journalistic focus of need for an headline.

Archived