I love York's new stadium

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Another fantastic new RL venue. York are a club on the up and would put most SL Clubs to shame. 

SL club in the making 

Looks great from what I’ve seen. I’d love to go once everything is back to normal. 

I keep saying though, a similar project could be built to solve the stadium issues of Bradford and Cas/Wakey. 

Leigh have a similar set up to York where the stadium is part of a complex with a college and athletics venue

42 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Looks great from what I’ve seen. I’d love to go once everything is back to normal. 

I keep saying though, a similar project could be built to solve the stadium issues of Bradford and Cas/Wakey. 

Leigh have a similar set up to York where the stadium is part of a complex with a college and athletics venue

Slightly off topic (yes York’s new ground is great), but why would Cas and Wakey share a ground, they’re not from the same town, in fact I think they’re 9 miles apart? Nobody would suggest that Oldham and Rochdale share, or Widnes and Wire, though both of those pairs are closer together. 

Which borough is it in?...Queens?, Brooklyn?...

Oh sh*t, apologies, misread the thread title...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Stadium looks great and I think its been driven based on football and the football grants but wouldn't it have been great to put safe standing railseats behind each goal.

That way you have options for all seated for football and some standing for RL - also if they got into SL it would probably increase the capacity by 2 or 3000.

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Slightly off topic (yes York’s new ground is great), but why would Cas and Wakey share a ground, they’re not from the same town, in fact I think they’re 9 miles apart? Nobody would suggest that Oldham and Rochdale share, or Widnes and Wire, though both of those pairs are closer together. 

Well yeah you make a good point and a groudshare would never happen. The argument is both places come under Wakefield Council and the council aren’t going to fund 2 stadium projects.

As for Wire, Widnes, Rochdale and Oldham, there’s plenty of suitable facilities for a pro sports club in those areas. The best stadium with a WF postcode is Fev. 

Buts that’s the argument that a community stadium could be built in the Wakefield District for the whole community of the Five Towns to use

18 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Stadium looks great and I think its been driven based on football and the football grants but wouldn't it have been great to put safe standing railseats behind each goal.

That way you have options for all seated for football and some standing for RL - also if they got into SL it would probably increase the capacity by 2 or 3000.

I doubt either York City or YCK would ever need more than 8,000 capacity tbf. 

It's a cracking stadium by the looks of it. York seem to be doing things the right way since their near financial collapse a few years ago. Building slowly and with stability. It won't bring Super League immediately, but if they do get promoted, their approach gives them the best chance of staying in the top flight.

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I doubt either York City or YCK would ever need more than 8,000 capacity tbf. 

They may do if the mighty Hull FC ever came to town.

Just down the rerd for us.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Already being looked into , one of the grants stipulated all seater  for it to be built.

44 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Already being looked into , one of the grants stipulated all seater  for it to be built.

Yep thought so, rail seats probably arnt cheap but would give more options for use you would assume.

Is there someone pumping money into YCK? Such a massive turnaround from a few years ago. And to those who live in York, have you noticed a lot more interest in the team from the public, ie people who wouldn’t have been fussed when you were in League One? 

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I don’t like multi coloured seats on new stadiums (seems to be multi use ones like this and Brentford) but it does look a decent enough venue. 

It helps to make them look fuller 

9 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

If you have a few days to spare you can find the hundreds of pages of posts on the YCFC forum where this very subject is discussed in mind-bending detail. This is what most fans wanted, but the short version is that this proved to be impossible.

Archived