I love York's new stadium

On 04/04/2021 at 17:54, Hela Wigmen said:

I don’t like multi coloured seats on new stadiums (seems to be multi use ones like this and Brentford) but it does look a decent enough venue. 

I'm a big fan of the multicoloured seats. It's much more interesting to look at that blocked of colour, or seats spelling out the name of the club (or heaven forbid the club sponsor).

It seems like the fashionable thing now. See also Parramatta Eels' newish Bankwest Stadium.

spacer.png

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, hrtbps said:

I'm a big fan of the multicoloured seats. It's much more interesting to look at that blocked of colour, or seats spelling out the name of the club (or heaven forbid the club sponsor).

It seems like the fashionable thing now. See also Parramatta Eels' newish Bankwest Stadium.

spacer.png

I think the Bankwest stadium looks amazing. 

Another good thing about having these patterns is that it looks better if you're not selling out the ground. It disrupts the eye enough to distract from the fact you might only have 25% of the capacity spread out in the stand. 

Edit: I was in fact thinking of NQ's Country Bank Stadium but it's the same principle. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

RL in a nutshell this.

Team gets new ground - "put them in SL!"

"Wakey and Cas, too close, stadiums rubbish"

"What about Cumbria?"

"Something about Paris or London"

"Something about Sean O'Loughlin being dirty"

Toronto.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

13 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

The new York stadium is of course in Rovrum 😊😉

What a cracking stadium it is too. Apart from the letters RUFC made out of white seats at either end.

On 10/04/2021 at 11:45, RBKnight said:

You won't get any arguments against this from any Knights or YCFC fans, and the current all-seater arrangements weren't at the behest of either club - they were the result of stipulations from the Football Stadia Improvement Fund, whose loan/grant was essential in enabling the new stadium to be built.

Presumably then they won't be allowed to use the fund and then rip a small section of the seats out after the first season 😅 It seems a bit of an old fashioned stipulation but I think we'll see safe standing become more widely accepted in the next five years or so.

19 hours ago, hrtbps said:

spacer.png

I much prefer this more subtle version.

For me, there are too many wildly varying colours at the York ground that make it look a bit tacky, and they're arranged in too much of a blocky way to pull off the "full crowd trick" like Brentford's.

They've sort of half gone for that kind of effect and it just looks a bit messy in my opinion. Don't even get me started on that big block of blue in the middle!

Anyway that's just my opinion and if the colour of the seats are the biggest problem then it'll still be a decent ground.

2 hours ago, yipyee said:

Not a big enough club for SL then.

Would just be making the numbers up

Of course they are. I expect they would just be making the numbers up though, same as everyone bar Saints, Wigan and Leeds in terms of winning it. 

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Of course they are. I expect they would just be making the numbers up though, same as everyone bar Saints, Wigan and Leeds in terms of winning it. 

Clubs don't only contribute to a comp if they win it. 

On 12/04/2021 at 14:14, fevtom said:

I much prefer this more subtle version.

For me, there are too many wildly varying colours at the York ground that make it look a bit tacky, and they're arranged in too much of a blocky way to pull off the "full crowd trick" like Brentford's.

They've sort of half gone for that kind of effect and it just looks a bit messy in my opinion. Don't even get me started on that big block of blue in the middle!

Anyway that's just my opinion and if the colour of the seats are the biggest problem then it'll still be a decent ground.

The blue ones in the middle are the posh padded seats, I like to think it's been designed like that on purpose to reflect the castle in the old YCFC badge. Might not have been but all they'd have had to do was say it was and the football fans would have been delighted.

Also, as there's 2 clubs with different club colours sharing the ground, Knights get the amber, City get the red & blue. Had there just been red & blue the Knights fans would have complained and visa versa. Now we just have everyone else complaining instead.

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 16.51.02.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 16.50.27.png

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

And there you go, making the numbers up.. not how to grow a game, dont get me wrong its a magnificent stadium and York are a good championship side.

5 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well this is well wide of the mark.  If they filled that stadium then not only would they be a few thousand off the biggest clubs in overall season average but York has significantly more comercial opportunities than most clubs.

7000 in an 8000 seater makes it a million times easier to sell to premium sponsors and hospitality. So no, York could be mixing it with Warrington in good time. 

Nonesense, good championship club they have built, SL and certainly top of SL is another level

On 04/04/2021 at 13:41, Old Frightful said:

They may do if the mighty Hull FC ever came to town.

Just down the rerd for us.

They'd only need it to bigger for 3/4s of the game you're always late for away kick-offs.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Saying this as a York fan but also from Harrogate. What often gets overlooked is the larger picture, York is the only pro club in North Yorkshire which is a massive county by landmass in England taking in huge coastline to the moors and nearby towns. North Yorkshire is definitely a growth area with huge potential, its much more than just York, although the stadium looks great and I can't wait to watch my first game from there. 

8 hours ago, yipyee said:

Agreed, would have been nicer for a 15k stadium and efforts to fill it though

Big stadiums with swathes of empty seats are awful, so much better to have a smaller ground that’s the right size. 

Flat pack stadiums are looked down upon by connoisseurs of Sport Stadia and rightly so. Boring bland creations designed with little imagination or character. 

Lower League Football and Rugby League are awash with these cheap shoe box monstrosities these days.

York planners appear infatuated in creating Legoland around a City steeped in wonderful architecture and culture?

Shame really 😕

Archived