Fouad Yaha and Frances Backs.

Watching the last two games on SKY and following on from last season, is it Me or has Yaha improved quite a bit on say 2016-2018. He should hopefully have a good World Cup.

He certainly looks like a very good SL Winger now who can run through people and is much improved under the High Ball. 

Out of interest, what is the likely back line for France at the WC?

Im sure theres players Ive left out of the below equations so please let me know better options or what people think?

Will Gigot or Escare or Kheirallah be at FB?

Who in the Centres? Laguerre and Gigot or Albert?

Escare or Romano and Yaha on the Wings?

And who in the Halves? Robin or Mourgue, and Albert or Escare?

Thoughts? 

Who is "Frances Backs"? 🤔

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

There are plenty more knowledge than  me on this forum about French RL but I’d be looking at:

1. Kheirallah

2. Yaha

3. Gigot

4. Leguerre

5. Bergal

6. Morgues

7. Fages

Fages - Cant believe I forgot the 1 French Player who would be a possible for the English Squad and could probably make it in the NRL. Hes very good!  

Certainly theres a decent backline if all players stay fit and are available.

Escare a must for the Bench as He can cover a few positions in the backs. He gives speed and options in the Backs like when at Wigan he would come on and add pace late on in games.

Is an upset win over what will be a very strong NRL and SL Samoa outfit impossible? Will Trent Robinson be able to turn them into World Beaters?

Also as We have the Backs, what would be the Pack?

Casty, Da Costa, Bosquet, Garcia, Julien, Goudemond? Any TO players Ive missed out?

And What would be the full 17?

Lastly, apart from Kheirallah are there any other possible residence players who are good enough?

If only France could have say 3 Foreign born playing locally in the 17 it would add something I feel without taking away the clear French identity of the team.

1 hour ago, Southerner80 said:

Watching the last two games on SKY and following on from last season, is it Me or has Yaha improved quite a bit on say 2016-2018. He should hopefully have a good World Cup.

He certainly looks like a very good SL Winger now who can run through people and is much improved under the High Ball. 

Im sure theres players Ive left out of the below equations so please let me know better options or what people think?

Thoughts? 

Center jussaume !! Ader 

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

There are plenty more knowledge than  me on this forum about French RL but I’d be looking at:

1. Kheirallah

2. Yaha

3. Gigot

4. Leguerre

5. Bergal

6. Morgues

7. Fages

Yeah I would agree with that. You spelt LaGuerre wrong though 

Johnno Ford must qualify on residence grounds.  Can players swap between tier 2 nations? In fact are France a tier 2 nation?

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

2 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

You’re forgetting Arthur Mourgue in all of this. Jussaume has to be a shoe in for a centre position. 

I’d have Jussaume too. Really like him, strong in defence and got bags of potential, reminds me a bit of Jake Wardle.

Ader showed up pretty well in the last World Cup but not sure he’ll be there this time 

15 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

Would he want to? Johno Ford has played 7 games for the Cook Islands already and is probably in a fair position to captain them.

Tbh I'd forgotten that the Cook Islands had qualified as they didn't in 2017.  Yes, there's no reason why he would want to put his hand up to play for France.  I was just thinking out loud after reading Southerner's post.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

55 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Has hakim miloudi burned all of his bridges?

I would imagine theres a clean slate with the new Coaching team in regards to the past and falling out with the Previous Coach.

To be fair, I think there are better players ahead of him, Gigot in particular covers the same positions and would be a better choice. Bergal and Escare would be ahead of him for the Wing slot aside Yaha too.

However, who knows, particularly if Miloudi plays well in Elite and gets a loan move to TO after Elite is finished for the season. France definitely have more depth than 4 years ago.

Props:

Julian Bousquet

Remy Casey

Lambert Belmas

Paul Seguier 

Romain Navarrette

Maxime Puech

Justine Sangare 

Levy Nzoungou

Gadwin Springer 

Back row:

Benjamin Jillian

Mickael Goudamand

Jason Baiteri

Benjamin Garcia 

Half:

Arthur Morgue

Theo Fages

Stan Robin 

Louis Jouffret

Centre:

Arthur Romano 

Matthieu Laguerre

Matthieu Jussaume 

Bastien Ader 

Hakim Miloudi

Wing:

Gavin Marguerite

Fouad Yaha

Paul Marcon

Ilias Bergal 

Fullback:

Mark Kheirallah

Tony Gigot

Morgan Escare 

Hooker:

Alrix De Costa 

Anthony Marion 

Eloi Pelissier 

1 hour ago, Beavers left nut said:

Props:

Julian Bousquet

Remy Casey

Lambert Belmas

Paul Seguier 

Romain Navarrette

Maxime Puech

Justine Sangare 

Levy Nzoungou

Gadwin Springer 

Back row:

Benjamin Jillian

Mickael Goudamand

Jason Baiteri

Benjamin Garcia 

Half:

Arthur Morgue

Theo Fages

Stan Robin 

Louis Jouffret

Centre:

Arthur Romano 

Matthieu Laguerre

Matthieu Jussaume 

Bastien Ader 

Hakim Miloudi

Wing:

Gavin Marguerite

Fouad Yaha

Paul Marcon

Ilias Bergal 

Fullback:

Mark Kheirallah

Tony Gigot

Morgan Escare 

Hooker:

Alrix De Costa 

Anthony Marion 

Eloi Pelissier 

You left out Lucas Albert, asides from that I think you captured most players 

On 04/04/2021 at 20:51, Old Frightful said:

Who is "Frances Backs"? 🤔

Yes, I opened the thread wondering if he had started dating a German model.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On 04/04/2021 at 20:34, Southerner80 said:

Thoughts? 

Yaha is certainly more confident now and has a better work ethic.  If he has one failing now (and he had a few 3years ago) it is that he tries to run through players at times when he should back himself for pace with a fend and go. He has impressed me though with his improvements.

Catalans have a few lads coming through to the first team.  Laguerre, Morgues and Seguier plus Rouge, if he improves his concentration and game management together with Chan, who will be a player.  This level of ‘production’ is hard to keep up but it shows that their system is working.  All looking good for the French National Team.

We’ve all seen that Elite level has stepped up a notch.  If they can keep improving this standard I am sure we can see a good few more stepping up a level and in turn, to the Representatives.  The door is open from Elite to Cats and TO but these Pro clubs need to encourage Elite by reimbursing them in some way when they sign a player.  I’m not sure they do and this is where they get the bulk of their players.

2021 is going to be interesting with Robinson involved though. Will Frayssinous go with the future, will he just go with the ‘now’?  Either way, new stars will get their shot imo.  Exciting times.  I think we will see a much improved and more competitive French team come 2025.

I was at Brutus for the WC game against Samoa in 2013. The visitors pack then too powerful and Milford in the backs got the better of them. Remember Escare scoring a lovely try that night too.

That team was 

1 Escare

2Vaccari 

3 Baile

4 Duport

5 Greenshields

6 Bosc

7 Barthau

8 Fakir

9 Pelissier

10 Casty

11 Larroyer

12 Raguin

13 Mounis 

Bench

14 Gigot

15 Maria

16 Garcia

17 Simon

France 6-22 Samoa (11,576)

France 6-34 England (22,276) QF

The problem is always the Pacific Islands sides now full of NRL talent

Having Trent Robinson involved though  is a big big plus

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

I was at Brutus for the WC game against Samoa in 2013. The visitors pack then too powerful and Milford in the backs got the better of them. Remember Escare scoring a lovely try that night too.

That team was 

1 Escare

2Vaccari 

3 Baile

4 Duport

5 Greenshields

6 Bosc

7 Barthau

8 Fakir

9 Pelissier

10 Casty

11 Larroyer

12 Raguin

13 Mounis 

Bench

14 Gigot

15 Maria

16 Garcia

17 Simon

Very interesting............I'm not sure they've got a stronger squad now

2 hours ago, audois said:

That team was 

1 Escare

2Vaccari 

3 Baile

4 Duport

5 Greenshields

6 Bosc

7 Barthau

8 Fakir

9 Pelissier

10 Casty

11 Larroyer

12 Raguin

13 Mounis 

Bench

14 Gigot

15 Maria

16 Garcia

17 Simon

I remember that.  Barthau or Bosc got clipped by the Samoans off the ball twice and it became a rough game for quite a while.  The Ref pretty much lost it.

A little fat Catalan with a powerful voice was screaming at the Ref from the bottom of the Guasch stand for most of the match.  Unrepeatable ‘langue’.

Archived