League Tables

I’ve just looked at the super league and championship league tables in the league express. Anyone know why Hull KR are above Huddersfield in SL and Dewsbury are above Fev, York below London etc? Doesn’t make sense based on win % and points difference?

7 minutes ago, Rarefrith said:

I’ve just looked at the super league and championship league tables in the league express. Anyone know why Hull KR are above Huddersfield in SL and Dewsbury are above Fev, York below London etc? Doesn’t make sense based on win % and points difference?

Because it's based on win% then points %?

That's a question, I haven't worked it out, but it's not points difference in 2021

7 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Because it's based on win% then points %?

That's a question, I haven't worked it out, but it's not points difference in 2021

But we won by more points than Dewsbury so surely we’d be above them on that basis with equal win percentage?

1 hour ago, Rarefrith said:

But we won by more points than Dewsbury so surely we’d be above them on that basis with equal win percentage?

No,  mate. It's not points difference or points scored. Its points %. Points for divided by points conceded. So 17-8 is better than 28-18.

BBC had Widnes and Newcastle at the bottom of the league last night after their draw.  0% better than 50%, apparently.

Shocking attention to detail.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

3 hours ago, Rarefrith said:

what they do is instead of simple points difference they divide  the points scored by the points against and multiply by 100  to give you dif%  and higher score determines league position so dewsbury 17/8 gives you 212 and FEV 28/18 gives you 155 so dewsbury above FEV   and london have 29 compared to york 28 

1 hour ago, POR said:

what they do is instead of simple points difference they divide  the points scored by the points against and multiply by 100  to give you dif%  and higher score determines league position so dewsbury 17/8 gives you 212 and FEV 28/18 gives you 155 so dewsbury above FEV   and london have 29 compared to york 28 

Ahem

Archived