Daryl Powell to Wire

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Also - not really a story I have followed too closely. Was this expected, or a bolt from the blue?

Yes it was expected. Not a very well kept secret at all.

1 hour ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Also - not really a story I have followed too closely. Was this expected, or a bolt from the blue?

It was so well known that even I knew about it.

And I, as my posting history shows, know nothing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

His record at Castleford is excellent but there was something about his demeanour last year that felt a but negative: a bit too quick to bemoan his bad luck or moan at the officials. Hopefully a fresh start will have him back to what he is good at: getting teams playing good, watchable rugby.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I think we'd all be alot better off if coaches changed over in a game of musical clubs, all the coaches move around the M62 until the music stops and then first one to a seat in the dug out gets the job!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

39 minutes ago, silverback said:

Can he make warrington world beaters?? one a the best coach's around for sure, But i just feel its a wrong move.Wish the fella well in his new role.

Really? I see this is the same way as Watson to Huddersfield tbh, a quality coach going to a club with the resources to back him.

49 minutes ago, haskey said:

Obviously poached. I wonder how much his contract is worth, Cas probably cound't touch it. 

I don't even think the contract will be massively much different (still an increase), but the other financials of the club generally mean the working environment is just less of a constant struggle - proper gyms, cryo chambers, training fields, etc. 

Cas get a lot out of not a lot, and a lot of that is down squarely to Powell

2 hours ago, haskey said:

Obviously poached. I wonder how much his contract is worth, Cas probably cound't touch it. 

He was interviewed for the job in the same way that others were too. It was a genuinely professional recruitment process.

I'm absolutely delighted that we've got him and I feel we really dodged a bullet by preferring him over Wane.

I think its a great move for all 3 parties to be honest. Hes a very good coach, so Warrington win. But at Cas he has stagnated somewhat and this is obviously frustrating him, as seen by how pugnacious he has become so probably the right time to move on. Be interesting to see who Cas go for now, hopefully another young up and coming English coach.

That's their year sorted then .seriously he did a great job at Cas they played some great stuff in 2017 they were without a doubt the best team that. Year . 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

8 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

That's their year sorted then .

16th post before we got here. Standards are slipping.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

16th post before we got here. Standards are slipping.

Sorry  I did say he made Cas the  best team in SL playing good football that year 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

6 hours ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Seems odd that he'll be coaching against his future employers at least a couple of times this year.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/daryl-powell-warrington-wolves-coach-20327039

This deal must have been agreed to some time ago 

2 hours ago, dkw said:

I think its a great move for all 3 parties to be honest. Hes a very good coach, so Warrington win. But at Cas he has stagnated somewhat and this is obviously frustrating him, as seen by how pugnacious he has become so probably the right time to move on. Be interesting to see who Cas go for now, hopefully another young up and coming English coach.

James Ford?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Daryl Powell to Wire

I thought he was joining the wolves.

Warrington the only SL club with a personality disorder.

Are you sure we are the only one? I can think of a nearby team who have had at least three official names since Super League began. 

7 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Are you sure we are the only one? I can think of a nearby team who have had at least three official names since Super League began. 

But each time they were secure with the one they had.

I think Wloves should be the Wire TBH.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived