Daryl Powell to Wire

Just now, DoubleD said:

Does Briers want to become a Head Coach?

Yes, it's a good point, and I did mean to mention that. There is a place for people in backroom positions who have no desire to be the head coach.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I do also think it's a gamble to give somebody their first Head Coach gig at one of the biggest club roles in the UK. I think he needs to learn what he is all about as a Head Coach and you won't do that as an assistant. 

He needs to do what Sean Long is doing really, getting out there and getting experience and learnign.

Barring the top 3 or 4 of the championship lower leagues head coach would be ideal.  

2 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Whats Steve Anderson up to these days.

He always seemed like a man with a plan and had Warrington travelling in the right direction.

No.

I remember a pre-season fans forum in the Touchdown Club at Wilderspool where he said we might look a bit uncoordinated in the first few weeks of the season but that was a symptom of the training regime we were going through and we would see the benefit later in the year. He was half-right to be fair.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived